BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

For those who haven't got tickets, just over 200 left of the allocation of 2250. Blackpool won't be giving us a further allocation either, suspect that is because they don't want away and taking over the ground, sure there will be plenty in the home ends. Again another terrific effort from the fans and what will no doubt be a sell out, probably could have shifted over 3000. Brilliant for midweek.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Can't see why they won't allow a further allocation I would have thought Oyston will be grabbing all he can get whilst there.

... and sticking his boot into his own fans while he's at it.

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Can’t bring myself to pay money to the Oystons. iFollow it is. 

Dear Marj,

I have a very hard decision to make.

I was looking forward to going to watch my favourite football team play an away match next week.

I don't like to buy tickets from my club because I refuse to pay money to the thoughtless owners who have neglected the club over recent years.

So I decided to buy  a ticket from the opposition club on the day of the match.

My friend has pointed out that the owners of the other club are just as evil and corrupt as the owners of my club.

Will it be hypocritical to buy a ticket from the other club and fund these nasty people. Should I, on this occasion buy a ticket from my own club and go against my principles?

I was really looking forward to a day at the seaside and an entertaining football match.

What should I do?

yours, conflicted of Blackburn 

21 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Dear Marj,

I have a very hard decision to make.

I was looking forward to going to watch my favourite football team play an away match next week.

I don't like to buy tickets from my club because I refuse to pay money to the thoughtless owners who have neglected the club over recent years.

So I decided to buy  a ticket from the opposition club on the day of the match.

My friend has pointed out that the owners of the other club are just as evil and corrupt as the owners of my club.

Will it be hypocritical to buy a ticket from the other club and fund these nasty people. Should I, on this occasion buy a ticket from my own club and go against my principles?

I was really looking forward to a day at the seaside and an entertaining football match.

What should I do?

yours, conflicted of Blackburn 

Pay the admission to go up Blackpool tower with a pair of binoculars.

I'm going to get a ticket whilst at ewood on Saturday. If they have sold out will I be able to go in the Blackpool end on the night ? Is it a simple as ewood just give them your postcode and job done. I have a Wigan postcode so could play the neutrel card. People on stag weekends etc must do it all the time ?

I’m still debating whether to do this or not, with work commitments. I’ve been before too, so it’s not like a new ground. 

However, this will probably be the second time, in the space of 10 days that we’ve outnumbered the home fans at a game. Have we ever done this before? 

No more tickets available after the last 50 or so have gone according to the club, asked Blackpool for more but request was turned down. Very odd I hope we afford them the same courtesy if they find themselves in a position to bring a big following to Ewood.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No more tickets available after the last 50 or so have gone according to the club, asked Blackpool for more but request was turned down. Very odd I hope we afford them the same courtesy if they find themselves in a position to bring a big following to Ewood.

Well maybe they just don't want to pay more policing costs though the ticket income/concessions would make up for that wouldn't it? No point taking it out on their fans. 

They probably don't want more people chanting about lousy owners than there already will be. Rovers fans backed Blackpool fans too with that joint protest and maybe the Oystons haven't forgotten this. They seem to be the type of people who hold a grudge ;).

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm going to get a ticket whilst at ewood on Saturday. If they have sold out will I be able to go in the Blackpool end on the night ? Is it a simple as ewood just give them your postcode and job done. I have a Wigan postcode so could play the neutrel card. People on stag weekends etc must do it all the time ?

Should work. Alternatively, whilst I obviously can't condone this hypothetically could you not find a random address in Blackpool, and get the postcode using Google maps then pay cash? :)

4 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well maybe they just don't want to pay more policing costs though the ticket income/concessions would make up for that wouldn't it? No point taking it out on their fans. 

They probably don't want more people chanting about lousy owners than there already will be. Rovers fans backed Blackpool fans too with that joint protest and maybe the Oystons haven't forgotten this. They seem to be the type of people who hold a grudge ;).

Wouldn't be surprised if the Blackpool police have had a say in it, are the illuminations still on ?   Maybe don't want loads knocking about for night games.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Blackpool police have had a say in it, are the illuminations still on ?   Maybe don't want loads knocking about for night games.

I was thinking the opposite. I am surprised the police are not concerned about a lot of Rovers fans in the home areas.

Illumations well finished. Blackpool will be a ghost town on a Tuesday in late November apart from the football.

Maybe they have made it as a football decision then not wanting more away fans than home ?   Annoying for us but you can see why from their point of view although what would there be an extra 500/1000 on top of the 2kish already sold ?

Hardly taking over the ground and a lot of lost revenue there.

Maybe they have made it as a football decision then not wanting more away fans than home ?   Annoying for us but you can see why from their point of view although what would there be an extra 500/1000 on top of the 2kish already sold ?

Hardly taking over the ground and a lot of lost revenue there.

Might be a bit of "conspiracy" thinking but I thought something similar to this when they released our fixture lists but with respect to police involvement. Our local away games all came in a short space of time in the poorer weather then when you look at Feb/March/April months we have some pretty long journeys. Is it entirely possible the police could have thought: big followings, something to play for (promotion push at end of season), local derby + sunny weather was too much of a risk?

Just seems odd we had all of our local away days so close together and in the later stages of our season we are in Plymouth, Portsmouth, Milton Keynes, Gillingham etc.

Probably a case of begrudging some long travels later in the season such as Portsmouth on a Tuesday. I'll probably go in Feb as it will be an important game whereas if it was in October I'd have missed it. Likewise a Monday night trip to Milton Keynes in April. Maybe it's just sheer bad luck for us but the police do have some involvement in fixture selection

Might be wrong but i thought Wigan got the extra allocation there so if they did why not us on a non weekend game ?

No mate, Wigan only took 2,011

Archived