BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Exactly. Everyone thought he was pretty poor before he got moved to centre half and he never looked back after that point. He's nowhere near technically good enough to play in midfield.

True but this is not a technical division ....Big strong lad who puts himself about would take pressure off defence......Might get sent off though ! 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why do people keep saying 'potentially' Lenihan in midfield? That's his actual position!

He was proving a pretty good box-to-box under Lambert and it's what we're missing now alongside Smallwood imo.

22 hours ago, booth said:

What actually happens when two managers park the bus at the same time?

Staring contest?

If both managers set out their stereotypical tactics there won't be much happening in the first half that's for sure.  TM will then loosen things up after 70 mins and Gaz will get them to have a right good go in the last 10.

Any goal forecasting should be late second half if I were betting and it would be lumped on an ex Rover getting theirs.

Blackpool 1   Rovers 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Home game on final day of the season if memory serves. I watched it in a bar in France. United had already won so didn't play. Rovers had Steve Kean in charge so didn't play.

Wasn't that the game were both teams needed a point so after about 70 minutes nobody actually tried to do much other than keep the ball ?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Why do people keep saying 'potentially' Lenihan in midfield? That's his actual position!

He was proving a pretty good box-to-box under Lambert and it's what we're missing now alongside Smallwood imo.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/tony-on-darragh-progress2/

He seems to be on track, fingers crossed.

He looks a bit like rubber-faced 'funny' man Phil Cool. Or Frank Spencer.

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Was, he’s better at centre half. we already have one lad going around snapping people and mopping up in Smallwood. We don’t need two. I rate Darragh but he won’t be opening teams up or scoring many goals from centre mid. Put him next to Mulgrew at the back. Mulgrew almost definitely doesn’t have the legs for centre mid anymore.

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

If both managers set out their stereotypical tactics there won't be much happening in the first half that's for sure.  TM will then loosen things up after 70 mins and Gaz will get them to have a right good go in the last 10.

Any goal forecasting should be late second half if I were betting and it would be lumped on an ex Rover getting theirs.

Blackpool 1   Rovers 1

Bowyer, player manager ;) 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

Was, he’s better at centre half. we already have one lad going around snapping people and mopping up in Smallwood. We don’t need two. I rate Darragh but he won’t be opening teams up or scoring many goals from centre mid. Put him next to Mulgrew at the back. Mulgrew almost definitely doesn’t have the legs for centre mid anymore.

Ahead of Downing? Would be very harsh.

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ahead of Downing? Would be very harsh.

True but he’s a better player and more mobile. As it stands he’s actually our player and Downing isn’t now I’m aware that could well change but it hasn’t yet. 

I understand people like the idea of having to “earn the shirt back” but I personally believe in having your best players on the pitch increases your chances of winning.

21 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

True but he’s a better player and more mobile. As it stands he’s actually our player and Downing isn’t now I’m aware that could well change but it hasn’t yet. 

I understand people like the idea of having to “earn the shirt back” but I personally believe in having your best players on the pitch increases your chances of winning.

Well it all depends on how Lenihan does at training, at the end of the day 

i'd go:

Raya

Nyambe,  Downing, Mulgrew, Williams

Smallwood  Whittingham

Bennett              Dack                Antonsson

Samuel

If Tony rates Harper then he should play this one, I've not seen enough to suggest that he should.

I read that from the weekend players need to get 10 yellow cards instead of 5 to serve a suspension. Bennett was on 4, so that is why he didn't play Saturday. Would make sense. I would say he will be back in tonight. 

Can't argue with the above team. I would be happy enough with Harper coming on off the bench. 

It'll be a tight game for sure. Bowyer's sides rarely concede many and our defence is pretty resolute away from home. As this is one of the fabled games in hand that so many have been hanging their promotion hopes on we need at the very least a point but ideally all 3 if we're serious about the top 2 and not just the top 6. Nobody is going to convince me that Blackpool are a good side for this level. Hardworking and reasonably well organised. Mid table team. The sort we need to be beating.

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wasn't that the game were both teams needed a point so after about 70 minutes nobody actually tried to do much other than keep the ball ?

I believe it was the penultimate game of the season. Didn't Emerton score and Rooney scored a title winning penalty?

We then had to go to Wolves and potentially need a win...which of course we did 3-2

B'Pool haven't won for 3 home games. Last 6 they've W2 D2 L2. Scored 9 conceded 9.

We really should be winning games like this if we want to get in the automatic promotion spots, although a draw and 10 points from 12 in November is hardly the end of the world and probably more than any of us predicted or expected.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:38, chaddyrovers said:

My team for this game would be

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham      

Bennett           Dack        Antonsson

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler Ward Caddis Evans Nuttall Graham Harper

That looks like the obvious team to me too Chaddy with maybe Graham, Evans and Nuttall to feature if needed or maybe to give somebody a rest if we are well ahead.

Archived