BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

Too many supporters and football managers play Football Manager games.

We are in League Division Trundler FFS so find a formula that works and stick with it!

Ok a more measured view- if you are Blackpool, tonight's game is MUST WIN. Anything less and they are already looking at a chasm to a play-off place. Bowyer was not that good with must win fixtures with us so I am not particularly frightened by that prospect..

In fact I am feeling pretty relaxed about the prospects of the lads returning from the seaside with a stick of rock with three points written all the way through it

EXCEPT for the boss. If we go out with a repeat formation and performance in the first half like we did against Bristol Rovers, we could easily get to half time too far behind for a second half revival to produce any points for us. Feeling confident in the players' ability at this level but will be on my knees hoping I am not looking at a team sheet at 8.45 with no certainty of who will be doing what where or thinking: "OK, we are playing without any wingers/forwards/ball winning midfielders/ full backs/ anyone who can pass the ball forward/ anyone I couldn't beat in a sprint"(OK that's an exaggeration), or whatever wonder has been conjured from the thinking man's manager's thunks.  

So no prediction until I see the team sheet and knowing Mowbray and Bowyer, I will be hoping we can escape with a 0-0 when I do see it. Cannot see two 4-2s away in consecutive weeks.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

If he's going to left isolated up front then Graham won't be much cop. If he's going to be a target man and we're going more direct with Dack and Antonnson playing off him then it may work. I'm guessing he'll be isolated.

That's why I would have gone 4-4-2.  Hit the direct balls over their midfield. But what do I know I am just an FM18 manager! 

1 minute ago, Lihamylly said:

Lads must be exhausted. Hope there's still enough juice to crown this run. Danny's night, he will be anxious to prove his worth I hope...

I still believe Danny Will play a vital part in our promotion bid. Class striker in this league. Showed his quality for half an hour On Saturday. COYB

Archived