SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Really ! I can't say I remember that all.

To the tune of Black velvet band by the Dubliners.

His name is Eamon Rodgers,

He is the king of our land,

His hair hangs over his shoulders,

Tied up with a blue and white band.

My first game in a long time and very pleased with the result.

Anyway, a few observations - if Blackpool are the benchmark of quality in this league then it is a terrible standard. Rovers didn't do anything of note yet came away easy winners - in fact at one stage I said to my 14 year old son that he should be devastated if he couldn't play at that level.

Dack looks a player and Mulgrew has undoubted quality, I'd like to see him in the centre mid role in place of Whittingham (who I thought was poor) when Lenihan returns. Nyambe has all the physical attributes but, unfortunately, very little fundamental footballing ability. Antonsson I thought played OK and he can certainly finish, I was expecting a lazy disinterested Graham but I was pleasantly surprised by his workrate - he certainly occupied the Blackpool centre halves all game.

Smallwood likes a tackle, does the simple things effectively and sets the tempo for the rest of the team - he'll do for me. Downing looks a big uncompromising stopper - again that'll do at this level and Williams is pretty average but does get through his fair share of work. The keeper is OK and his much maligned kicking looked pretty good to me last night.

Bennett wasn't great and I was left frustrated by his unwillingness to get around his full back constantly cutting inside - however, he certainly put a shift in last night.

All in all a great result but to be honest if we can't get out of this league we should be devastated.

Agree with much of the above. Team is playing with confidence and is scoring for fun at the moment. Let's enjoy it. But that team would struggle badly in the Championship. If we do go up, as many as 8 players would have to be replaced. 

Very happy with a 4th successive win.

Graham was excellent with his work rate and hold up, deserved a goal and needs a run in the team.

Dack and Antonsson are massive in contributing goals from attacking midfield, for me when we sign any pacy winger as intended, Bennett is the one who should perhaps face the chop, he worked hard as per usual but he was very hit and miss and hes not scoring goals or really contributing as much as he should.

Mulgrew is a proper captain, the 2 of them deserved their goals, him and Downing. That said we do need to tighten up a bit, but attacking and pressing suits us.

Nyambe was all over the place again, and Raya is an absolute mess in the air, he needs to sort that out, although that kick to Antonsson was brilliant.

One minor worry is the game management of Mowbray, I think recently weve been lucky by leading by more than 1 goal. but I was surprised that he brought on Nuttall over Samuel, fresh from his goal on Saturday, and Harper over Evans, who is very raw, he did ok yesterday but hes wet behind the ears,

It may cost us at some point.

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

His name is Bradley Dack

His hair hangs over his back

I like it, what’s the tune?

I thought Smallwood was the king?

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

His name is Bradley Dack

His hair hangs over his back

I like it, what’s the tune?

The tune is Black velvet band by the Dubliners. But Back at the end of the third line doesn't fit as well, as Shoulders. 

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

My first game in a long time and very pleased with the result.

Anyway, a few observations - if Blackpool are the benchmark of quality in this league then it is a terrible standard. Rovers didn't do anything of note yet came away easy winners - in fact at one stage I said to my 14 year old son that he should be devastated if he couldn't play at that level.

Dack looks a player and Mulgrew has undoubted quality, I'd like to see him in the centre mid role in place of Whittingham (who I thought was poor) when Lenihan returns. Nyambe has all the physical attributes but, unfortunately, very little fundamental footballing ability. Antonsson I thought played OK and he can certainly finish, I was expecting a lazy disinterested Graham but I was pleasantly surprised by his workrate - he certainly occupied the Blackpool centre halves all game.

Smallwood likes a tackle, does the simple things effectively and sets the tempo for the rest of the team - he'll do for me. Downing looks a big uncompromising stopper - again that'll do at this level and Williams is pretty average but does get through his fair share of work. The keeper is OK and his much maligned kicking looked pretty good to me last night.

Bennett wasn't great and I was left frustrated by his unwillingness to get around his full back constantly cutting inside - however, he certainly put a shift in last night.

All in all a great result but to be honest if we can't get out of this league we should be devastated.

Excellent summary. The biggest surprise for me was Graham’s closing down, several gears up from what I had seen before.

Antonnson is technically limited out wide, has no tricks other than a serviceable cut inside, but his pace, stamina and finishing are plenty good enough for me at this level.

Nyambe I see no hope for. I can’t recall ever seeing a professional who had so little idea or ability what to do with the ball. John O’Mara maybe.

15 hours ago, JAL said:

See Ryan Nyambe on his arse failing to win the header for Blackpool first thought he was improving ?

The @#/?ing liability ......Bob are you reading ?

Conning the Rovers fans since 2011 !

Sorry?!? I beg your pardon? Do you think I'm a fan of his or something? Find me a quote where I've said as much and I'll happily hold my hand up but I don't recall it.

Admittedly, I don't carry on like Chief Inspector Dreyfus (did with Clouseau) every time Ryan get's a game but I hardly think he's a good 'un. 

I see we won again.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lol. Barrel chested Barry.

Releasing Henning Berg and paying to replace him with Lorenzo Amoruso must run that a close second though. Given that we didnt need the money per se.

Barry put the ball over the bar at Rochdale from a foot out in the middle of the goal - made Beamo look like Messi.

3 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Sorry?!? I beg your pardon? Do you think I'm a fan of his or something? Find me a quote where I've said as much and I'll happily hold my hand up but I don't recall it.

Admittedly, I don't carry on like Chief Inspector Dreyfus (did with Clouseau) every time Ryan get's a game but I hardly think he's a good 'un. 

I see we won again.

Cheers Bob... happy days !  long may it continue.

Archived