BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bristol Rovers (H) 25.11.17

J*B

31 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We got away with one big time there, but a win is a win. Let’s make sure it’s 4 from 4 against the donkey lashers on Tuesday.

Oh and Venkys, please don’t throw us yet another sh*t sandwich with this CEO you’re bringing in just as we’re showing some form of stability on the pitch.

Who’s this CEO?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Who’s this CEO?

Nixon says Chris Anderson from Coventry, hope he wasn't involve in the supposed land deal that Venus was!

On the game we had a huge amount of luck but that's fine now and then!

Nyambe had a stinker but was left massively exposed by Mowbray playing someone in front of him with no positional sense.

Weird old game, Graham and Samuel came on with a point to prove and ran riot for 7-8 minutes and that was it, we never looked threatening once we scored the winner.

Big 3 points - let's keep the run going 

Great three points but I am mystified as to why Mowbray played Bennett left and Antonsson right. Antonsson and Nyambe had a dreadful last ten minutes together. Absolutely hopeless, with no positional sense or defensive ability between them whatsoever. It very nearly cost us the points. 

Made hard work of it with a strange lineup in my opinion but 3 on the bounce and closing in on those above. If we can grind out wins despite tinker Tony, we might still have a chance. Not convinced by this guy and we seem to winning despite him rather than because of him. 

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Made hard work of it with a strange lineup in my opinion but 3 on the bounce and closing in on those above. If we can grind out wins despite tinker Tony, we might still have a chance. Not convinced by this guy and we seem to winning despite him rather than because of him. 

In spite of him? Nonsense. He started Whittigham today instead of Bennett,hardly the most bizarre sub of all time. People massively over reacting. 

What about his subs that changed the game? Winning in spite of him? Seriously. That would have being applicable under Kean,but have some perspective man. 

13 hours ago, Tom said:

Nixon says Chris Anderson from Coventry, hope he wasn't involve in the supposed land deal that Venus was!

Nyambe had a stinker but was left massively exposed by Mowbray playing someone in front of him with no positional sense.

Weird old game, Graham and Samuel came on with a point to prove and ran riot for 7-8 minutes and that was it, we never looked threatening once we scored the winner.

Nyambe had a stinker ?  give over you must be making it up Tom he's improving  allegedly !

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In spite of him? Nonsense. He started Whittigham today instead of Bennett,hardly the most bizarre sub of all time. People massively over reacting. 

What about his subs that changed the game? Winning in spite of him? Seriously. That would have being applicable under Kean,but have some perspective man. 

We were playing Bristol Rovers and I felt the manager made real hard work of it, Whittingham should never have started out wide and certainly shouldn't have come out for the second half there.

Fair play he eventually sorted his own mistake but it was a silly one to make that was never ever going to pay off.

• Backroom

I don't mind winning when we play badly, as long as it isn't always like that. By this point it seems clear we aren't going to be dominating many teams, so it's going to come down to having better tactics and flashes of quality from the players who are being paid to bring that to the team. Is that sustainable for a long term promotion push? Well, it wasn't in the Championship, but in League 1 it's hard to say. I'm still not confident but with some January reinforcements we might become strong enough to make it over the line.

Good to string 3 wins in a week together.

First half I felt we dominated, good passing but didn't create much.

Second half was 50/50 with our midfield regularly being found the wrong side making Bristol look like they had acres of space.

Graham was the difference, showed his experience with great touches and passes.

Dack was good again as was Smallwood.

Antonnson doesn't provide enough cover for Nyambe. Williams is poor, looks a league 2 player.

Overall we deserved to win but we have a brittle feeling when the opposition attack.

Well done Rovers, up to 5th.

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

I don't mind winning when we play badly, as long as it isn't always like that.

:wacko: I'd take three points under ANY circumstance, even if it gives me the heart jitters every time!

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Danny Graham has been phenomenal 

Graham and Samuel did well when they came on. I do think Nuttall contributed in giving their defenders a hard time, physically.

MoM was Dack for me but ultimate Graham’s input was the difference between a win and a defeat. Probably putting himself in the January shop window.

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is bizarre considering Whittingham has not been a winger since the 90s and barely has the legs to compete in the middle of the park let alone out wide. Stick with a winning side...we have not played the same side two weeks in a row since the beginning of the season.

Perspective? This team would be doing alot better under most other managers. Sorry but that is my opinion and I stand by us us being where we are in spite of the manager.

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

Delighted with the win today and the current winning run but I'm more than a little perturbed on the pending CEO appointment. Given that, if this name is correct, he's coming from a club even more disfunctional off the pitch than ours.

Excellent, we're showing some very promising signs. Coming from behind to win will give everyone a lot of confidence. 

Shrewsbury are faltering, we're taking full advantage. The wheels have come off now they've got some injuries and suspensions. It wasn't long ago we were 15 points behind Shrewsbury and 13 behind Wigan.  

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Graham and Samuel did well when they came on. I do think Nuttall contributed in giving their defenders a hard time, physically.

MoM was Dack for me but ultimate Graham’s input was the difference between a win and a defeat. Probably putting himself in the January shop window.

For ten minutes he looked like the player that came on Loan, Samuel obviously had a point to prove. I thought at first he was on his way to do a Benni Mccarthy dugout celebration after his goal.

I have to confess my biggest celebration today was that hilariously late disallowed goal.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Phil T said:

:wacko: I'd take three points under ANY circumstance, even if it gives me the heart jitters every time!

Worded badly, basic point was if we're always playing like that we won't win enough times to be promoted. Too many draws/losses. 

I thought  it was a nervy and poor performance again. First 20mins we tried to walk it in, rest of the first half we were second best. Lucky to win. Nyambe was awful, Williams similar. Nuttall needs to realise that he needs to use his muscle. Last 10mins we bricked it when we need to relax and pass the ball about. The first two subs played well for 10mins and made the difference. Grateful for the points and praying we click in the 2nd half of the season.

Just now, DE. said:

Worded badly, basic point was if we're always playing like that we won't win enough times to be promoted. Too many draws/losses. 

Ah, couldn't agree more. It feels like every Rovers home game is nervous cup final. :o

Wasn't impressed by Nuttall at all. Granted not fantastic service but what did he do off the ball? Not a damn thing really and he's not a midget. As people have said Graham showed physicality that should have been expected of Nuttall. As for the changes it hardly takes a rocket scientist to bring players on at 1-0 down but did he really make so many changes in starting 11 to pin all the blame on him for first 60 mins? Samuel has shown at least as much as Nuttall as far as I'm concerned yet seems to be completely forgotten by some. Today of course he served a reminder of his presence. I would seriously consider playing Graham and Samuel from the start next game as 

People moaning about Whittingham but Evans has been longer and he's either "injured" or useless. People called out for him to shoot at one point? Why? Don't people want to see it go in? 

I can't say it was a very impressive spectacle for the first L1 game I've attended but it wasn't boring I suppose. 

Did the referee have a bad earpiece or something or is he deaf? Took ages to disallow that "goal" though it was amusing. Can't have helped the penalty appeal moments later though I wasn't sure from my position whether it should have been or not.

Got quite a bit of faith in Mulgrew which can't be said for others. I wasn't too worried about him dispatching the penalty though obviously he's probably gonna miss one now and then.

Heard some steward saying "they're gonna equalise" near the end. Shut your mouth. I know we moan about club stooges but I don't want to hear that nor do I want other fans to hear it. Have some respect.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Ah, couldn't agree more. It feels like every Rovers home game is nervous cup final. :o

Yeah, a lot of our games feel like 50/50 contests and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether we're playing teams at the top or the bottom. The stats pretty much back this up in terms of shots and possession generally being quite even. You'd expect a team on its way to promotion to be dominating at least some of these matches, which is what concerns me a little at the moment. It's all eerily reminiscent of that season under GB where we came 7th. Felt like on our day we could beat anybody, but conversely we could lose to anybody as well... and that's pretty much what happened, causing us to narrowly miss out on the playoffs in the end.

I think we're a bit stronger this time around compared to the teams around us, and I'm fairly sure we'll at the very least end up in the playoffs. From there it's a total lottery. 

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Wasn't impressed by Nuttall at all. Granted not fantastic service but what did he do off the ball? Not a damn thing really and he's not a midget. As people have said Graham showed physicality that should have been expected of Nuttall. As for the changes it hardly takes a rocket scientist to bring players on at 1-0 down but did he really make so many changes in starting 11 to pin all the blame on him for first 60 mins? Samuel has shown at least as much as Nuttall as far as I'm concerned yet seems to be completely forgotten by some. Today of course he served a reminder of his presence. I would seriously consider playing Graham and Samuel from the start next game as 

People moaning about Whittingham but Evans has been longer and he's either "injured" or useless. People called out for him to shoot at one point? Why? Don't people want to see it go in? 

I can't say it was a very impressive spectacle for the first L1 game I've attended but it wasn't boring I suppose. 

Did the referee have a bad earpiece or something or is he deaf? Took ages to disallow that "goal" though it was amusing. Can't have helped the penalty appeal moments later though I wasn't sure from my position whether it should have been or not.

Got quite a bit of faith in Mulgrew which can't be said for others. I wasn't too worried about him dispatching the penalty though obviously he's probably gonna miss one now and then.

I think Nuttall would be better in a front two tbh but doing that would mean Dack (our best player right now) either being dropped or played out of position. I am not going to jump on Nuttall as he has a real nack of hitting the net and he still has plenty of time to improve in that regard. Yes, for me id have Graham and possibly Samuel in front of him but at least we are covered up top now. 

I dont think many praise Evans but Whittingham really has disappointed considering his history. I dont think he is in the same category of a Murphy but it is alarming that he has not been able to standout in the third division. I really feel his legs are gone and perhaps Birmingham knew this when they got shot.

2 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

i need spurs to win to win 350 trust them to have a bad game today, bastards lol,  on rovers i hope we make a change at half time, bennet on for whits only change we should make at the minute get some bloody pace on

They let me down for 14 grand off a free pound bet . Fuming is not the word

Archived