BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Welsh dragon to black cat

Gav

I don't know about anyone else, but the Chris Coleman move from Welsh national manager to Sunderland manager has to be one of the strangest moves in recent times?

Why has he made that move? bad advice? Been promised pots if cash or just unexplainable?

If it doesn't make sense it's usually crooked these days, very strange move.

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't know about anyone else, but the Chris Coleman move from Welsh national manager to Sunderland manager has to be one of the strangest moves in recent times?

Why has he made that move? bad advice? Been promised pots if cash or just unexplainable?

I'm convinced that's why Grayson took it he was on 3 times more than he was on at Preston North End. Remember Rovers took a while to get rid of him wonder why? I doubt he's been handed a large transfer budget somehow.

Guess Grayson thought if he failed there (Sunderland being a basketcase of a club recently not that we can talk!) he might still be able to get a Championship job. Or a job at the top end of L1.

Still didn't explain some of his signings. Steele is average at best and some are less generous in their assessment.

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mark Hughes gave up the Wales job to manage us so why is it strange? 

Wouldn't you grab the chance to manage a club with huge support and potential ? 

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mark Hughes was coming to a club with a rich recent history, a club on a firm footing, not a basket case of a club rooted to the bottom of the championship??

Why didn't he wait for Everton? Or go for the West Ham job? Instead of going to a potless wasteland like Sunderland? 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mark Hughes was coming to a club with a rich recent history, a club on a firm footing, not a basket case of a club rooted to the bottom of the championship??

Why didn't he wait for Everton? Or go for the West Ham job? Instead of going to a potess wasteland like Sunderland? 

Was he in for those jobs ? I doubt it.  You go where you're wanted and Sunderland wanted him. Besides, when you're at the bottom there is only one way to go, which is up

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Completely different situations.

Hughes was going from doing an average job as Wales manager to becoming manager of a solid Premiership side, a side he had played for and won things with before. John Williams was here. We were solid. 

Coleman came 3rd in the European Championship, granted they had a bad time in world cup qualifying, but he is going to a basket case of a club who are bottom of the Championship. Their ownership situation is all over the place too. 

It doesn't make sense, unless he is just doing it for the money short-term. You are right insofar as the only way is up though I suppose 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Completely different situations.

Hughes was going from doing an average job as Wales manager to becoming manager of a solid Premiership side, a side he had played for and won things with before. John Williams was here. We were solid. 

Coleman came 3rd in the European Championship, granted they had a bad time in world cup qualifying, but he is going to a basket case of a club who are bottom of the Championship. Their ownership situation is all over the place too. 

It doesn't make sense, unless he is just doing it for the money short-term. You are right insofar as the only way is up though I suppose 

Unless Sunderland go down into league one which is a distinct possibility!

Can't believe he's gone to Wearside for the money, as has already been mentioned his managerial record isn't the best, and a short spell at Sunderland isn't going to increase his stock value, he could struggle to come back if he gets sacked, just a very strange move for me with other better jobs around.

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Unless Sunderland go down into league one which is a distinct possibility!

Can't believe he's gone to Wearside for the money, as has already been mentioned his managerial record isn't the best, and a short spell at Sunderland isn't going to increase his stock value, he could struggle to come back if he gets sacked, just a very strange move for me with other better jobs around.

Ya, that is true actually :D 

On 24/11/2017 at 16:00, Bigdoggsteel said:

How long is his contract does anyone know? 

Had a quick look on wiki doesn't say, it's far & few nowadays that actually last some distance, suspect it will be another rolling 1 with a severance payment when if/he gets sacked

Just now, Skiptonrover said:

Had a quick look on wiki doesn't say, it's far & few nowadays that actually last some distance, suspect it will be another rolling 1 with a severance payment when if/he gets sacked

I read during the week 2.5yr deal.

Just now, Gav said:

I read during the week 2.5yr deal.

Yeh you might be right then, wiki wasn't shedding any light. Don't think it really matters on contract length if they want shut you are going anyway probably just get a bigger payment depending on existing length.

On 24/11/2017 at 18:36, bob fleming said:

Has he got an Assistant yet? Time to get the band back together?

steve_kean_1785086c.jpg

With apologies to all.

And to those viewers in Sunderland...... try not to have nightmares....

I can't make my mind up off the facial expressions if it's the drink or the herbal hashish.

On 24/11/2017 at 18:36, bob fleming said:

Has he got an Assistant yet? Time to get the band back together?

steve_kean_1785086c.jpg

With apologies to all.

And to those viewers in Sunderland...... try not to have nightmares....

On the one hand, it would serve others right after the grief we got from other fans and the media: “Dignified”, “toxic fans”, “never given a chance”, “you can see what he is trying to do” if they ended up there.

On the other hand, I hope he never works in football again. Anywhere. That opportunist represents everything bad about the game. I actually hope worse for him but him never receiving another penny out of the game is a start.

I reckon 99% of these managers have vastly over-inflated egos and think they have something special about them, in the same way race care drivers have no problem getting into a car the day after Senna died, they probably all think they are secretly the best in the world and only PR training keep them from spouting it all over the place.

Archived