SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

'Should the right candidate become available'

Love that line just what exactly is the right candidate ?

A cheap failure connected via the usual lines no doubt. I'm sure there are dozens of tried and tested candidates out there who have experience to deliver what we need on the football side of things.

Not about that though is it !

Judging by our previous outstanding candidate we can expect a cross between Del boy and Homer Simpson.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Judging by our previous outstanding candidate we can expect a cross between Del boy and Homer Simpson.

Sounds like this candidate will be one familiar with zero finances and rinsing what they can out of stadiums, training grounds and land deals :huh:

Still I suppose we could look forwards to a few more concerts.

I think its odd how all of a sudden they've decided they need a new Chief Executive. As the Telegraph rightly points out it is more than 5 years since the 'deputy' Chief Executive Paul Hunt departed, since then we've had a global advisor, a managing director, a general manager, a director, a communications director and a whole assortment of people at management level come and go but none have occupied the position of Chairman, CEO or Chief Executive.

Now all of a sudden Venkys have decided there is a need for one?

Pull the other one. I wasn't born yesterday.

They don't want a CEO/Chairman/Chief Exec and haven't since they day they arrived. They've actually gone to quite extreme lengths to avoid having one - pointlessly naming Paul Hunt as 'deputy' despite him being the most senior member of staff, inventing meaningless positions such as Global Advisor to make major decisions and then recently sneaking their dogsbody into the club through creation of a vacancy to enable him to operate in the shadows.

They didn't see the need for a Chief Exec when we were in the Premier League, we had plenty of cash and they were 'interested' in the club. So it seems far fetched to expect me to believe they've decided after 7 years something important is missing in the boardroom.

Which leads me to conclude that if indeed they are considering or actually are appointing a Chief Executive that it isn't them doing the appointing - either the money men are forcing it or Mowbray and Venus are driving it - and with the Coventry City connections I'm leaning towards the latter.

Yes agreed, this can only have come from Mowbray which is to his credit.

I can't think of any of the other managers or Directors under Venkys that would have told them straight that the club needs a CEO at Ewood. In fact, most of the managers probably were active in discouraging it to protect their seat on the gravy train.

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Yes agreed, this can only have come from Mowbray which is to his credit.

I can't think of any of the other managers or Directors under Venkys that would have told them straight that the club needs a CEO at Ewood. In fact, most of the managers probably were active in discouraging it to protect their seat on the gravy train.

Yeah because bringing in someone from Coventry wouldn't lead to such an accusation! Somehow I doubt whoever may come in from there was instrumental in his departure! I'm not saying that's the managers thinking but how can you not see the irony when you make baseless accusations about others? Also why would discouraging it have made a difference for other managers? OK Kean's downfall came from his feud with Singh (and Venkys seeing through their "advisors" unless you believe that far fetched conspiracy theory about the lawsuit being a smokescreen) but for others it wasn't really relevant who the day to day execs were. Venkys probably still would have fired them or drove them into quitting. Senior and Coyle could be brought up by some perhaps but Nixon didn't blame Senior for Coyle's firing. Nixon's not a fan of Senior either so no reason not to pin it on him if there's any reason to.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I think its odd how all of a sudden they've decided they need a new Chief Executive. As the Telegraph rightly points out it is more than 5 years since the 'deputy' Chief Executive Paul Hunt departed, since then we've had a global advisor, a managing director, a general manager, a director, a communications director and a whole assortment of people at management level come and go but none have occupied the position of Chairman, CEO or Chief Executive.

Now all of a sudden Venkys have decided there is a need for one?

Pull the other one. I wasn't born yesterday.

They don't want a CEO/Chairman/Chief Exec and haven't since they day they arrived. They've actually gone to quite extreme lengths to avoid having one - pointlessly naming Paul Hunt as 'deputy' despite him being the most senior member of staff, inventing meaningless positions such as Global Advisor to make major decisions and then recently sneaking their dogsbody into the club through creation of a vacancy to enable him to operate in the shadows.

They didn't see the need for a Chief Exec when we were in the Premier League, we had plenty of cash and they were 'interested' in the club. So it seems far fetched to expect me to believe they've decided after 7 years something important is missing in the boardroom.

Which leads me to conclude that if indeed they are considering or actually are appointing a Chief Executive that it isn't them doing the appointing - either the money men are forcing it or Mowbray and Venus are driving it - and with the Coventry City connections I'm leaning towards the latter.

Hit the nail on the head here I reckon.

I suspect Mowbray actually holds quite a lot of power compared to all of the other "managers" in the Venky tenure bar that bald f*ckstick. History shows going to India to meet the owners goes a long way and now the results are improving I think he will be listened to.

We're all kidding ourselves if we believe that any Venkys appointment of a CEO would be for the future benefit of Blackburn Rovers FC.

The club has cried out for but been denied a truly empowered executive board with a budget for 7 years. Why a change of heart now when our turnover is not much more than a bob over three and six?

Prepare for multiple planning permission applications at Brockhall.

I'd love to believe Venkys had seen sense at last and had a 5 year plan to financially support us, aligned to the appointment of a board of directors with football based objectives.

Ain't going to happen though is it? So what's the real reason?

Not sure if there is any substance to this 'rumour' as it seems to be based on a couple of tweets, surmisations and a woolly quote from Mike Cheston (made in September).

Nobody naming any real sources.

But if the theory that Mowbray may be pushing for a new CEO is correct, he must realise that it will be reduce his budget for players.  Don't think the V's will provide extra funds.

Saying that, a proper structure is desperately needed,  so if Mowbray is encouraging it for the good of the club then good on him.

Should point out Nixon has referred to Senior as a pest so maybe he had some impact. Wasn't Senior at the start of the season who sold Duffy/Hanley and wouldn't use the money for replacements though. So I certainly don't think he blames Senior overall.

1 minute ago, Vinjay17 said:

Should point out Nixon has referred to Senior as a pest so maybe he had some impact. Wasn't Senior at the start of the season who sold Duffy/Hanley and wouldn't use the money for replacements though. So I certainly don't think he blames Senior overall.

Nixon won't like Senior because he came along and got rid of his mate Owen.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nixon won't like Senior because he came along and got rid of his mate Owen.

I'm not denying he's friends with Coyle lol. Still if Coyle had a third cousin twice removed who turned out to be a window cleaner at Ewood people on here would be ranting about conspiracies. Even if he didn't know the guy lol. So if people want to throw out nonsense about every manager between Kean/Coyle "not wanting a CEO" you can't ignore the irony if one gets brought in from Coventry now. Like I've said I'm not saying that's the managers thinking but others seem to be basing their lack of suspicions on "oh he's a good bloke Tony". 

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

We're all kidding ourselves if we believe that any Venkys appointment of a CEO would be for the future benefit of Blackburn Rovers FC.

The club has cried out for but been denied a truly empowered executive board with a budget for 7 years. Why a change of heart now when our turnover is not much more than a bob over three and six?

Prepare for multiple planning permission applications at Brockhall.

I'd love to believe Venkys had seen sense at last and had a 5 year plan to financially support us, aligned to the appointment of a board of directors with football based objectives.

Ain't going to happen though is it? So what's the real reason?

A proper CEO several years ago might well have staved off the mess we are now in so it's odd there's an alleged push to get one now all of a sudden and alarming the names and types they are linked with.

Could well just be a case of whoever brought in Mowbray & co have the ear again and with Vs possibly being reasonably pleased so far they might just think it's a good time to try and push some more of their clients through the door so a few press leaks occur.

It won't just be down to a lightbulb moment in Pune that's for sure.

I don’t have a clue what’s is going on with the CEO rumours but i’d like to point out that people don’t disclose their sources at the drop of a hat or they’d soon stop being a souce.

If Alan Myers, Nixon and BEB are all singing from the same hymn sheet and the LT are reporting it I’m happy to accept it’s happening and I see no reason why anybody else wouldn’t.

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Senior joined Rovers in January of that season. 

Hanley and Duffy both wanted out of Rovers as soon as Coyle was appointed as manager

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hanley and Duffy both wanted out of Rovers as soon as Coyle was appointed as manager

And conveniently Rovers were just in the middle of a process of selling everything of any value which concluded that January with the sale of Ben Marshall to Wolves.

I don't doubt the appointment of a clown like Coyle would have encouraged any quality players to look towards the exit door but we also need to remember that the club was doing its utmost to sell whoever they could by that stage and pocket the proceeds - that selling process was also important in our demise - as whilst Coyle was the final straw the sell sell sell policy had been Bowyer's downfall and ensured Lambert wasn't going to hang around.

Not just as simple as saying they didn't like the manager so wanted to leave. By that stage they'd witnessed a year of the club pushing its best players towards the exit door along with its new shadow director playing managerial roulette.

Of course is not as simple as Coyle. Anyone serious think Joyce, Slade or Redfearn (especially the latter 2 who for some reason got nowhere near as bad a reaction as Coyle's name coming up) would have made any difference. Hanley was one of the better performers in prior seasons so when Newcastle (who I never doubted would get promotion) came in what did anyone expect? Duffy was a disgrace as was Marshall and that's down to their failings as people nothing else.

Chaddy I'm quite aware of when Senior joined. 

As for the LT printing the story its obviously been permitted by the club. The stooges were denying it when Nixon/Myers commented.

3 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

I don’t have a clue what’s is going on with the CEO rumours but i’d like to point out that people don’t disclose their sources at the drop of a hat or they’d soon stop being a souce.

If Alan Myers, Nixon and BEB are all singing from the same hymn sheet and the LT are reporting it I’m happy to accept it’s happening and I see no reason why anybody else wouldn’t.

Fake news - it's all the rage. 

LT get their info from BRFCS.  When was the last time a story from Nico became reality. That leaves Alan Myers and Meadows who probably got it off each other.

I am not going mad and I haven’t swallowed the venkys pill!

maybe along with their silence they have totally done an about turn and taken the right sort of advice on how to run a football club. Never in the life under venkys has their been any element of positivity until now. Maybe and it is a huge maybe things might just be going right after the two internal reviews and overhaul of the club.

hope springs eternal with the youth teams doing well and the first team seeing productivity on the pitch.

all we need now is to rid the club of the small moronic minority and they know who they are and it’s all systems go,,

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

And conveniently Rovers were just in the middle of a process of selling everything of any value which concluded that January with the sale of Ben Marshall to Wolves.

I don't doubt the appointment of a clown like Coyle would have encouraged any quality players to look towards the exit door but we also need to remember that the club was doing its utmost to sell whoever they could by that stage and pocket the proceeds - that selling process was also important in our demise - as whilst Coyle was the final straw the sell sell sell policy had been Bowyer's downfall and ensured Lambert wasn't going to hang around.

Not just as simple as saying they didn't like the manager so wanted to leave. By that stage they'd witnessed a year of the club pushing its best players towards the exit door along with its new shadow director playing managerial roulette.

Think it was more to do with Lambert leaving and lack of investment that both players wanted out. 

Dont think Coyle appointment help matters. If we appointed a Warnock I think both would had wanted out. 

22 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah because bringing in someone from Coventry wouldn't lead to such an accusation! Somehow I doubt whoever may come in from there was instrumental in his departure! I'm not saying that's the managers thinking but how can you not see the irony when you make baseless accusations about others? Also why would discouraging it have made a difference for other managers? OK Kean's downfall came from his feud with Singh (and Venkys seeing through their "advisors" unless you believe that far fetched conspiracy theory about the lawsuit being a smokescreen) but for others it wasn't really relevant who the day to day execs were. Venkys probably still would have fired them or drove them into quitting. Senior and Coyle could be brought up by some perhaps but Nixon didn't blame Senior for Coyle's firing. Nixon's not a fan of Senior either so no reason not to pin it on him if there's any reason to.

So you think that other managers/execs have told Venkys they need to appoint a CEO?

IMO I don’t think they will have done, the reason being either that they didn’t want to rock the boat or that they were doing it for self serving reasons. You think Coyle suggested that Venkys bring in a n experienced CEO? 

Archived