BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

37 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

So you think that other managers/execs have told Venkys they need to appoint a CEO?

IMO I don’t think they will have done, the reason being either that they didn’t want to rock the boat or that they were doing it for self serving reasons. You think Coyle suggested that Venkys bring in a n experienced CEO? 

No I don't think he will have done but neither is it Mowbrays job to suggest it either. he is the manager of the Football team and either the owners should see what structure they need to run the business to best effect for everyone or failing that you would expect the existing Board to either do it or seek reinforcements.

We do have a nominal board-     Cheston, Coar , Sylvester , Babu and the ''shadows'' director.  Its between them and the owners to sort the structure which is exactly why we are in the sh1t because they are all feckin useless. It s also why we are going nowhere as a Club. However results are on the pitch , the Club will always be bolloxed by the morons at the top level charged with owning it and running it.

Mowbray suggesting it ??? perhaps, maybe ...... but influencing who it is then never in a million years is it his place. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, OJRovers said:

So you think that other managers/execs have told Venkys they need to appoint a CEO?

IMO I don’t think they will have done, the reason being either that they didn’t want to rock the boat or that they were doing it for self serving reasons. You think Coyle suggested that Venkys bring in a n experienced CEO? 

Every manager (since Kean anyway) wanted better communication with the owners. Lambert of course going so far to quit from frustration. So if better communication meant bringing in a CEO then as long as they had no prior issues with that person (of course issues could develop but that's the same in any business) I can't see why they would object. At most clubs there's a CEO anyway so its not like managers aren't used to working with them.

Your comments might be correct. Then again they may be baseless. I'm not saying my thoughts are 100% correct but yours are certainly more accusatory than mine. It just seems like yet another reason to take a dig at Coyle more than commenting on the 4 managers prior to him. I'm not accusing the current manager either but you can't just throw out baseless accusations and ignore where the next CEO is likely to come from. Notice you conveniently ignored that point. If a CEO from one of Coyle's former clubs had come in you would have been all over it.

8 hours ago, lraC said:

It’s probably a good job Jimmy Hill is no longer with us. He is ex Coventry and a TV pundit and that fits criteria, for sure.

And another alleged Rovers hater so yes he'd be a shoe in B)

7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Because he criticised Glenn Keeley once? Anything other than that?

Don't know why they need to take anyone from Coventry. It feels like Venkys have sent us there already!

he famously blamed the ball girl for giving the ball back to Liverpool too quick

I was due to fly to India, but Birmingham airport is snowed under so I couldn't fly out today, as is Bagington airport. Obviously the sensible thing would be to e-mail my CV, and for me to go to Blackburn to meet a representative but we know that is not the Venky's way. As I said a few pages ago, I am the Coventry connection ;).

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

According to Nixon Interviews are ongoing

Roughly translates as "People have sussed I got it horribly wrong/was making it all up originally so I'd better make something up to make it sound like I wasn't talking complete rollocks in the first place.

When nothing happens I can claim no-one was suitable. If they do happen to appoint someone out of the blue in a year's time I can claim I was right all along."

:huh:

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I was due to fly to India, but Birmingham airport is snowed under so I couldn't fly out today.

Now fully operational and clearing the backlog, you've still time to make the Delhi flight, I'll be sat in c95 :P

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I was due to fly to India, but Birmingham airport is snowed under so I couldn't fly out today, as is Bagington airport. Obviously the sensible thing would be to e-mail my CV, and for me to go to Blackburn to meet a representative but we know that is not the Venky's way. As I said a few pages ago, I am the Coventry connection ;).

Just meet shadowman and the clubs agents in a 2 star hotel in back street West Bromwich and promise to do as your told as well as tip up ten per cent of your wages and 25% of your inevitable pay off in May and your in pal !

Norbert IN !!!!

Then out !!!!!

Still no news on this then? Think I'm going to file this away with the £40 million transfer warchest, repeated sackings of Steve Kean that never happened.

Anyhow, nothing to worry about, its not as though every other club in the top 6 divisions has a board and chairman/chief executive...

Just now, JHRover said:

Still no news on this then? Think I'm going to file this away with the £40 million transfer warchest, repeated sackings of Steve Kean that never happened.

Anyhow, nothing to worry about, its not as though every other club in the top 6 divisions has a board and chairman/chief executive...

The people who fed the story are all about as reliable as a chocolate tea pot. It was never going to happen. 

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I caught up with the Sunday Supplement the other day when they were discussing Chelsea and how that club is run.  They have no Chief Executive and the Director of Football also left a couple of months back.  They have a Chairman, who appears to be a figurehead and two directors - both close associates of Roman Abramovich who have worked for him for years in the oil industry.  It appears that a lady called Marina Granovskaia, one of the two directors, is the one who runs most things for Abramovich at the club and deals with all transfers and contracts.  Apparently she has worked for Abramovich since leaving University in 1997 and although listed as a director doesn't give interviews and stays well behind the scenes.   I think Chelsea have proved that a different system can work but you need commitment from the top - the owner - for it to work.  Sadly, our owners have never seemed committed to it from day one and it seems we are just one of any number of businesses that form part of their investment portfolio.    

Archived