BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his brother shebby was a harmless eejit in way out of his depth at a time when the club was an absolute mess and relations with the fans were at an all time low. I think he genuinely wanted to listen to the fans,but there were dark forces around the club and in the owners ears. I hold no hatred for Shebby. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think his brother shebby was a harmless eejit in way out of his depth at a time when the club was an absolute mess and relations with the fans were at an all time low. I think he genuinely wanted to listen to the fans,but there were dark forces around the club and in the owners ears. I hold no hatred for Shebby. 

It was more the point of who he... lets say... ‘moved on’.

He was a circus clown (which I guess is the M.O. of a pundit) but I’m grateful that he turned up.

And left.

Just now, Stuart said:

It was more the point of who he... lets say... ‘moved on’.

He was a circus clown (which I guess is the M.O. of a pundit) but I’m grateful that he turned up.

And left.

Well I think we can all agree that decision made us all very happy,if even for a moment. Let's not go back there though :D dark times. Give me League 1 under Mowbray than that evil egg anywhere 

6 hours ago, OJRovers said:

It’s been a good few weeks now, still not a word from the new CEO. 

Fan engagement still clearly a long way down on the priorities list.

has he even started the job or has he had to work some sort of notice from his Southend job? 

maybe why he hasn't communicated with anyone yet. 

asked Rich Sharpe about whether he has a interview date with Waggott or not yet. waiting for a reply

6 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Didn't TM confirm he has been hired to handle the transfers in future... apart from this particular window.

So he will be making an A list and a B list - depending which division we are in next season and who the manager (or head coach) might be.

List A - Championship under Tony Mowbray.

We will need a new team if we are to survive. 

As the game against Hull showed, we are only relegation level at best or probably only third division play offs level.

List B - Third Division under David Dunn

We will need a new team after the better players are sold due to the failure of the one season only chance

Mowbray will still be choosing the players and Waggott's job will be to sign the players Mowbray wants. Waggott wont be choosing the players. 

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He sacked Coyle. That was enough for me. 

I really dont think he had the power to sack him. he might have proposed it but he would have had to get permission from that lot or the shadow man at the very least.

Yet fans berate him for not sacking him sooner. Funny, no? 

Think you missed the point. We do not know that it was his decision to sack him or that he had the power to do so off his own back. He might have been the one to deliver the message but that means owt.

24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Think you missed the point. We do not know that it was his decision to sack him or that he had the power to do so off his own back. He might have been the one to deliver the message but that means owt.

No, you missed the point. Fans berate him for not sacking Coyle, then on the other hand say he had no power. It's like the transfer link procedure. A journalist links us to someone good, its lies and the journalist can't be believed. A journalist links us to someone bad and its major panic stations as we are definitely signing them. 

No, you missed the point. Fans berate him for not sacking Coyle, then on the other hand say he had no power. It's like the transfer link procedure. A journalist links us to someone good, its lies and the journalist can't be believed. A journalist links us to someone bad and its major panic stations as we are definitely signing them. 

If you dont like fans i think it might be best that you avoid a fans messageboard. Always in with the digs. I think you will find it is exactly the same on every football clubs messageboard. Thats the beauty of them no?

Did i berate him for not sacking Coyle? I berated all of the powers that be for not sacking Coyle. As I said, he did not have the power to sack anyone anyway so why would I berate him?

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

If you dont like fans i think it might be best that you avoid a fans messageboard. Always in with the digs. I think you will find it is exactly the same on every football clubs messageboard. Thats the beauty of them no?

Did i berate him for not sacking Coyle? I berated all of the powers that be for not sacking Coyle. As I said, he did not have the power to sack anyone anyway so why would I berate him?

Meow

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hopefully he's a bit more about him than deadly Derek although in Deggsys time it was alleged he couldn't so much as order a box of pens without Madames prior approval. Mind you after the Berg fiasco....

Can you blame her after that!? 

20 minutes ago, Biz said:

Can you blame her after that!? 

Of course I can she should have sacked the fecker there and then in favour of getting someone in 'unconnected'  and fit for purpose but as you well know i'd say there was more to it ;)

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Of course I can she should have sacked the fecker there and then in favour of getting someone in 'unconnected'  and fit for purpose but as you well know i'd say there was more to it ;)

How many club owners have you seen take their own chairman to court and then carry on employing the individual despite admitting such errors...

11 minutes ago, Biz said:

How many club owners have you seen take their own chairman to court and then carry on employing the individual despite admitting such errors...

Then he took them to court ........

That one ran deep I tell you, hopefully this one won't end up in another pay off. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived