BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Yes, and that's why we are in the football wilderness of league one with a massive debt over the club. 

Ryan Nyambe what a dummy of a player, is that one of your fantasy players ?

I'll side away fron conmen Parsonblue cheers.

You are obsess with Nyambe. Move on  You have major vendetta against the guy. 

Football wilderness? Its only league 1.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

League One is the football wilderness for a club of Rovers stature. Accepting this status as anything more than a short term aberration is a dangerous game.

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Yes, and that's why we are in the football wilderness of league one 

I suppose the previous five years we spent in the Third Division were also due to the work of agents then or was it just what happens in football?  Bigger clubs than the Rovers have ended up in League One but have come back - some have taken more time than other but they have come back, just as the Rovers will come back at some point.  I'll stick with promising you players like Ryan rather than fantasists like yourself JAL who see conspiracies around every corner.  

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Start tackling, winning balls and creating chances when on the attack, prove me wrong, don't want to see the ball hitting the back of our net again and saying couldn't Ryan have done better there.

It's only League one !....I'm speechless with this comment you've done me there chaddy.

Edit chaddy out !

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I suppose the previous five years we spent in the Third Division were also due to the work of agents then or was it just what happens in football?  Bigger clubs than the Rovers have ended up in League One but have come back - some have taken more time than other but they have come back, just as the Rovers will come back at some point.  I'll stick with promising you players like Ryan rather than fantasists like yourself JAL who see conspiracies around every corner.  

What's the fantasy stuff then Parsonblue.

6 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Did these clubs have £120 million debts and clueless owners? 

During our previous periods in Div 3 we were run by people who cared about the club and the community it represents. 

Despite a reasonably successful season so far, the club is still a shambles and the owners are uninterested. That's why it is different this time around. 

11 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Did these clubs have £120 million debts and clueless owners? 

During our previous periods in Div 3 we were run by people who cared about the club and the community it represents. 

Despite a reasonably successful season so far, the club is still a shambles and the owners are uninterested. That's why it is different this time around. 

Leeds didn't they? 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your vendetta is against Nyambe. 

Probably you dont like his agent and he wont join your agency Mr.Agent. 

If Nyambe isn't good enough for Rovers in the 3rd Division, hard to see him ever being so.

Heard a talk from the CEO at Ewood the other week. Likeable bloke, but you have to wonder why he's ended up at all the Circus'.

Spoke well, but again blotted his copy book by revealing how good the owners have been with him, and how they are determined to put things right. 

Is he too trusting or just brown nosing ?

5 hours ago, JAL said:

Start tackling, winning balls and creating chances when on the attack, prove me wrong, don't want to see the ball hitting the back of our net again and saying couldn't Ryan have done better there.

It's only League one !....I'm speechless with this comment you've done me there chaddy.

Edit chaddy out !

Blimey. I agree with Jal. ?

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

League One is the football wilderness for a club of Rovers stature. Accepting this status as anything more than a short term aberration is a dangerous game.

Absolutely. You should note that while other big clubs didn't generally ease to promotion they didn't stay in L1 for very long. Rovers certainly shouldn't and people absolutely should be demanding promotion. Or at least not disparaging those who do as if there's something mentally subnormal about them.

As for a takeover its way more complicated than it was in the PL especially with the uncertainty over the debt. Honestly I couldn't bring myself to say buying the club would be the right thing because what type of appreciation would they get? Maybe they wouldn't get screwed over by their own family like Jack but they certainly couldn't trust anyone. After all according to certain members on here its "pious" to speak excessively in praise of Jack Walker. Much better to embrace a mentality that repeatedly belittles the club instead and act like this is somehow natural. Most of those other big clubs were badly managed themselves too. I know others say they feel its right to support the club rather than boycotting, etc and I agree mainly because attending isn't an endorsement of Venkys anyway. On the other hand isn't it supportive to speak up more for someone who injected millions into this club in a manner nobody at that time could have seen coming? Isn't that more than just the outdated notion of showing up and supporting while attacking those who protest?

Hardly any wonder football sends my stress levels through the roof. Its nothing but an unrelenting chore and my hatred (in some cases that's an excessive and overused term but not here) of the Walker family is making me ill. Staying off the forums makes no difference.

Isn't Dafabet contract due to expire as shirt sponsor this summer? I suspect it won't be renewed such deals normally aren't once the initial contracted term expires. That's one of the first things that should be on the agenda for Waggott. Aren't Euro Garages involved in any level of sponsorship at Rovers? As far as I know they don't even have an advertising board. They have invested in the local community with the Frontier Park development, etc so they obviously have some level of affinity with the area. I've heard they are football fans and while I don't know who they support (hopefully not United!) shouldn't the club be courting them? They could reach out to numerous companies in the area inviting them to events so it does not come across as blatant grovelling, etc. The plan shouldn't be to wait for companies like WEC Group (hardly on the same scale as Euro Garages) to sponsor things like social media partnerships there has to be engagement. You can argue that L1/Championship isn't the right stage for a shirt sponsorship deal but like I've said they have invested in the local area.

EDIT-Been told by Alan Myers that he and Dave Biggar (who also spoke to them directly which I'm interpreting as meaning face to face) tried a number of times but no joy. Biggar was the one who negotiated the Dafabet deal (which is one of the better deals in recent years probably because Venkys or Shaw/Cheston were not involved) and was brought in by Myers. It was always going to be for a limited period as Biggar wanted to return to the US. I'm not sure if Waggott will have any more success and that's before knowing if he's even had the idea.

Nice people apparently but impression Myers had is they just aren't interested in football. I read one article somewhere that one (possibly both) of the brothers was "football mad" but that's not by any means certain. I couldn't find much else so it may have been exaggerated or inaccurate. I think "community investment" includes all kinds of things though. Football fans or not I thought Rovers could have been one potential outlet in this regard.

One line from their company website on their values and business ethos...

"Supporting local communities with a view to empowering individuals to grow, contribute and succeed."

Guess that definition is more related to community employment opportunities rather than sponsoring football clubs.

• 1 month later...

Forward planning hell that's a new one under Venkys !

This is what you get when you don't have a cricket loving cousin running the gaff along with partners who's only real agenda is to fill the club with their own clients. Oh or a shelf salesman who's real affinity lies with a local rival, or a chicken biscuit salesman who loves the shadows.

Long long way to go but it's a start :rover:

The problem is Venkys are still the "elephant in the room" so to speak. How can anyone truly believe in a forward plan (even if Waggott has good intentions) when they could tear it apart at any moment. Last summer isn't enough to gain any trust from me. I have nothing against his remarks about pushing across the modern boundaries of Lancashire (something that the club had the opposite mentality about after Jack died and only people like me could see it for what it was) but the problem is the club isn't in a position of strength. That's being in the Premier League not challenging for promotion from L1. There's always been an advantage in terms of marketability with "North End" being too parochial and Burnley being one of the most dreary names in football. I've also said that there ought to be less United fans in this town than most places and more hostility would help on that front. Not the community trust for instance posting pics of kids in United shirts. :rolleyes:. Seriously couldn't anyone with a brain have covered those shirts up before taking the pic? Also if you're invited to Ewood as part of a school trip, etc parents should have the courtesy not to dress their kids in that manner. Infact the club/community trust should insist shirts representative of other clubs are banned. If they aren't then they will be excluded from any visit. OK if someone shows up in a Canvey Island shirt nobody will mind but if you want to talk about "brand value" that's the type of thing that PROTECTS it.

Bit too much about local businesses though. Has anyone heard updates on the Dafabet deal which is due to expire? The replacement for something like a shirt sponsor can't be local exceptions like "Euro Garages" aside though you can probably rule them out based on my comments last time I mentioned them. Note there was nothing about the commercial plans within India but the most recent statement was quite a while ago. Same as marketing across Lancashire though to an even larger extent. The club needs to be in the Premier League though their marketing plans were obviously flimsy anyway with the bare minimum of intense questioning from the previous owners. 

I'm sure whatever he did at Charlton was ripped apart. That's exactly the state of play for as long as Venkys are around. Lets forget the idiotic notion of being a "fan owned club". The only thing BRAG, Rovers Trust and other fan groups could agree on was how much red tape to buy. Also any plan of attack was countered far too easily.

The owners of course still won't engage with the community (except when Liz pays a visit) so how are people supposed to buy into this? That's not Waggott's fault essentially but it's the reason such plans are moot as long as they are around.

• Moderation Lead

In the politest way possibly Vinjay, the above post is a prime example of why people think you might turn threads into ‘The Vinjay show’. There’s nothing wrong with long posts, but please try and be a bit more concise...

Archived