BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

10 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

I think I am the exception... I'd like a cup run.

We should be able to get up, especially as those teams with smaller squads are starting to drop points with injuries / suspensions.  Therefore a few extra matches could (with the right draws) both generate some money and spark some interest to tempt back fans.

That said, we should be able to rotate against Crewe.  The likes of Samuel, Nuttell, Tomlinson, Wharton etc should be starting.  Dark etc on the bench just in case...

Winning football matches is infectious, it becomes a habit, so I agree JPT, a cup run would be good.

Mowbray was critical of the rotation squad in the cup earlier in the season, so those players have a point to prove.

2-1 Rovers as long as that Crewe keeper isn't playing again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Patrmf4WA

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Winning football matches is infectious, it becomes a habit, so I agree JPT, a cup run would be good.

Mowbray was critical of the rotation squad in the cup earlier in the season, so those players have a point to prove.

2-1 Rovers as long as that Crewe keeper isn't playing again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Patrmf4WA

Remember it well, I think if he had dived the wrong way it would have hit his feet or some part of him .

You are cherry picking a little bit here and there's no need considering the endless list of incompetence. Lets not pretend this type of game (early LC rounds, FAC R3, R4) would have sent attendances through the roof 10 years ago. Granted it would have drawn more than 3k-4k but its just not the best example to use. Just stick to the most glaring deficiencies such as the drop in league attendance, relegations, etc. I'm not defending Venkys at all just stating that there's more than enough to highlight already. 

Having the game on a Sunday won't help and will probably keep 500/1000 off the gate. Really who can be arsed with this on a Sunday afternoon, i'll most likely be there but i'm struggling.

Just wish we had a league game this wknd every time we get some momentum it gets broken up it seems. Couldn't care less about this but I actually like having a look at some of the non regular players although it usually ends in disappointment but maybe the feel good factor is spreading right through the squad, it should be.

Anyone going today?  I've decided not to bother. I probably would have gone if it was a Saturday game... and I didn't have a hangover due to having to drink my way through the whole of December just to try and get through a load of hideous work's Christmas 'do's' that have already started.:(

I'm going to enjoy Jason Mohammed and friends on the BBC instead as they sit around pontificating about half a dozen FA Cup 2nd round games on perhaps the most pointless waste of TV licence payers money since Eldorado.

I take it all back. Just read in the LT that they will be showing the highlights as the goals go in. All hail Jase and the BBC:-

Nine FA Cup ties kicking off at 2pm this afternoon. Highlights of each will be shown on a BBC programme which will run throughout the afternoon. 

Legends of broadcasting.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Leutwiler

Nyambe Ward Wharton Caddis

Bennett Harper Evans Antonsson

Graham Samuel

Rovers subs: Fisher, Hart, Smallwood, Dack, Downing, Travis, Nuttall

Attacking line-up. Ward though...

His level and a 90 minutes to get some game time. Il see it as a positive! Surprised Tomlinson ain't playing but glad to see Wharton play.

34 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ward playing is only a positive for the opposition striker he will attempt to play in on goal at least 4 times.

? I've never seen someone move so slow, was never quick under Coleman at Coventry but you'd think the yards would be made up with better positioning. 

Archived