BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenRover said:

Down to nine players so a draw not a bad result I would think. How many unbeaten now?????

Played 30! With 9 but 3-1 up against a struggling L2 side. We've bottled this today. Standards expectations of this club need to be higher

Not bad. An entertaining game. We got the draw with 9 men. I'll accept that.

I don't subscribe to this 'oh my god a replay, one more game bah humbug crap'. Big @#/?ing deal, professional players should stop being such pussies (especially at 3rd tier level). I was only reading recently about the Full Members cup (you know the one we won in 87) final of 1986. Chelsea beat Man City 5-4 and both teams played a league game the DAY BEFORE the final - Man City's was a tough Manc Derby game too.

If we draw Burnley in the 3rd round we can always put out a team to lose at Crewe. It's a win win situation!

Merry Christmas!

Xmas.gif

5 minutes ago, Husky said:

Not bad. An entertaining game. We got the draw with 9 men. I'll accept that.

I don't subscribe to this 'oh my god a replay, one more game bah humbug crap'. Big @#/?ing deal, professional players should stop being such pussies (especially at 3rd tier level). I was only reading recently about the Full Members cup (you know the one we won in 87) final of 1986. Chelsea beat Man City 5-4 and both teams played a league game the DAY BEFORE the final - Man City's was a tough Manc Derby game too.

If we draw Burnley in the 3rd round we can always put out a team to lose at Crewe. It's a win win situation!

Merry Christmas!

Xmas.gif

Its not the playing of he replay thats humbug. Its for the poor sods who attend

16 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Played 30! With 9 but 3-1 up against a struggling L2 side. We've bottled this today. Standards expectations of this club need to be higher

Turf Moor in 1960 in modern times Charlton in league cup when Hughes was here...Against Sofia in Uefa get over it and move on ....It happens !

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It will be a disaster if we fail to go through having been 3 up after 20 minutes.

A win to keep the run going would've been nice, but even though we'd rather do without the extra match, it's still winnable, and we're still in the competition.

While Bennett is going to be a loss, Harper isn't, and we've surely got enough in our ranks to cover Bennett. Disaster? Not really.

46 minutes ago, Tom said:

2 reds and a replay is by far the worst outcome possible but these things happen

2 reds is a bad outcome but because of the circumstances a replay is good because that will be one of the games that the 2 who got reds will serve a suspension rather than an extra league game, as I understand.

if I am wrong, I am sure someone will put me right.

The Professional foul (Harper) should be a one game ban.

Bennett's Violent conduct will be 3, but increased to 4 games as he's already been sent off this season.

Therefore

Peterborough (a) - Harper suspended

Peterborough (a), Crewe (a), Charlton (h), Northampton (a) - Bennett suspended

Archived