BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good effort from the 9 we had on the pitch after the two red cards. Samuel in particular did a really good job of holding it up where possible and winning fouls.

Bit frustrating that the second and third we conceded were from only from corners rather than being cut open due to only having 9 men. Should still have had enough bodies to clear the corners, and Leutweiler didn't seem to have any presence on them.

A word on Wharton who I thought did well. Cool and composed on the ball and always looks to use it well and pick out a pass.

No idea how their guy didn't get a second yellow, it was a nailed on booking. That'd have made it 10 v 10 at the time with us 3-1 up so we'd have been fine then.

40 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

The Professional foul (Harper) should be a one game ban.

Bennett's Violent conduct will be 3, but increased to 4 games as he's already been sent off this season.

Therefore

Peterborough (a) - Harper suspended

Peterborough (a), Crewe (a), Charlton (h), Northampton (a) - Bennett suspended

The ref should be banned not Harper. He obviously doesn't know the laws of the game, the rule book now says and has done for a couple seasons that a yellow card should be given if the foul is inside the box and the opposing team is awarded a penalty, as that is the advantage given rather than sending a player off. Even BBC mentioned it.

Surely they should both be overturned probably not as that won't look great for the referee club, so maybe just one. As for Bennett wasn't it just a one match ban last time as it was 2 yellows? So it should be a 3 game ban this time.

Harper isn’t ready for men’s football yet, he isn’t our player so let’s not bother letting him learn in league games that are important. Why he didn’t just let the lad score today when we’re flying 3-0 is anyone’s guess. A boys decision in a mans game.

How their number 4 didn’t get sent off after smashing into our player on a break, on the halfway line, on a @#/?ing yellow I’ll never know. 10v11 3-1 we probably win that game, 10v10 3-1 we undoubtedly do. 

Bennetts sending off looked like a tangle of legs from where I was sat. Looked an awful decision I would like to see again. Absolute disaster for us either way. 

Front three looked very good before the first sending off, particularly Samuel who I must say really impressed me playing up top all alone when we went down to 9. Wharton looked solid throughout. Ward shouldn’t be getting a kick in the league from now on. Travis looked decent when he came on, would like to see more game time for him. Nothing but praise for the 9 that remained on the pitch managing not to lose that game. Hard enough with 10 let alone 9.

Refferee was terrible. League one standard of refferes is poor but this fella today was a different level.

Now we’ve got suspensions we could do without and a replay we could really do without. I hope we batter Crewe at their place.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Played 30! With 9 but 3-1 up against a struggling L2 side. We've bottled this today. Standards expectations of this club need to be higher

3-0 up concede a red card which triggers a goal too. Not a ‘normal’ sending off. They did the best they could with 9 men. Give them a break.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Some brilliant football to get us three up and then Harper ruins it by thinking he's Pirlo rather than a kid from West Brom's U'12's.

Albeit against a poor team some of the best moves we’ve seen all season leading to the goals. Great link up play between Samuel & Graham

Just seen the highlights - the officials are becoming a joke.  Shocking pass to Harper in the first place for the pen but what was Harper doing ? Let the guy go through and take it from there. No guarantee the Crewe lad would have scored.  

Playing with 9 we did well to hang on. Anybody slagging us off has never played against a team with two men over.  Before the sending off it looked like we would win by about 6-0. Get over to Crewe and give them a banging now.

Just now, Garage Flower said:

Harper isn’t ready for men’s football yet, he isn’t our player so let’s not bother letting him learn in league games that are important. Why he didn’t just let the lad score today when we’re flying 3-0 is anyone’s guess. A boys decision in a mans game.

How their number 4 didn’t get sent off after smashing into our player on a break, on the halfway line, on a @#/?ing yellow I’ll never know. 10v11 3-1 we probably win that game, 10v10 3-1 we undoubtedly do. 

Bennetts sending off looked like a tangle of legs from where I was sat. Looked an awful decision I would like to see again. Absolute disaster for us either way. 

Front three looked very good before the first sending off, particularly Samuel who I must say really impressed me playing up top all alone when we went down to 9. Wharton looked solid throughout. Ward shouldn’t be getting a kick in the league from now on. Travis looked decent when he came on, would like to see more game time for him. Nothing but praise for the 9 that remained on the pitch managing not to lose that game. Hard enough with 10 let alone 9.

Refferee was terrible. League one standard of refferes is poor but this fella today was a different level.

Now we’ve got suspensions we could do without and a replay we could really do without. I hope we batter Crewe at their place.

Harper being suspended is no loss at all. He's just a big lad as far as I can see. If Tomlinson isn't better than him I'll stand hanging. Conway will come in for Bennett  next game. The replay shouldn't be a problem for us,  don't fall into Mowbray's trap of telling the players they'll be tired.

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just seen the highlights - the officials are becoming a joke.  

They may well have been a joke, but from the highlights Harper is a penalty and a red, and you don't see what happens with Bennett.

Very good 30 mins from us at the start. Samuel and Graham linked well. 

Harper was daft to make any challenge. Wasnt a sending off or foul but the Crewe lad like he been shot. 

Ref was poor. 

Ward shouldnt be playing again for us. Wharton was good. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Harper was daft to make any challenge. Wasnt a sending off or foul but the Crewe lad like he been shot. 

Ref was poor. 

Why is Mowbray picking Ward when he clearly knows or shows he isn't capable of being good enough especially when the team went down to TEN men by subbing him.

Whats in it for Mowbray ?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ref was poor. 

Wharton's got  the makings of a good young centre half. The next Mulgrew there.

18 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They may well have been a joke, but from the highlights Harper is a penalty and a red, and you don't see what happens with Bennett.

I think has been mentioned - penalty or red card - not both under new rules (please somebody clarify).

Looking at the highlights the only thing that you do see is the Crewe player react and kick out at Bennett. Listening on radio - nobody could believe the refereeing

42 minutes ago, JAL said:

Who is benefitting from playing Harper on loan from West Brom. What's in it for Blackburn Rovers, is he a potential signing, if not, what the ferk is he doing here.

Normally I find JAL was over the top with his agent talk but I just can’t be arsed with Harper. Isn’t our lad, isn’t that great. @#/? him off and play one of our own.

19 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think has been mentioned - penalty or red card - not both under new rules (please somebody clarify).

Looking at the highlights the only thing that you do see is the Crewe player react and kick out at Bennett. Listening on radio - nobody could believe the refereeing

This is what the BBC wrote in an article dated 14 April 2016:

"Players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off, football's rule-making body has confirmed. The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances.

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead. But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, ............."

Rules are as Cherry Blue posted above. If he's pulling or grappling with him, it's still a red card.

As for Bennet, he may well have not touched the guy and the ref is an absolute clown. However you can't tell from the highlights.

Archived