BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

Just now, Hasta said:

Rules are as Cherry Blue posted above. If he's pulling or grappling with him, it's still a red card.

As for Bennet, he may well have not touched the guy and the ref is an absolute clown. However you can't tell from the highlights.

Harper hardly touched the guy for the pen. It's gettting ridiculous, we've had 5 players sent off in the last few weeks . Not one of the fouls actually injured an opponent, everyone just got up and played on afterwards. It's killing the game as a spectacle and the officials, and I mean officials in a global sense not just the dorks that were at Ewood today , need to take some responsibility. I had been watching Rovers for 5 years before I saw my second sending off back in the day. And the game was much more physical that it is now.

I don't want to watch games were 10 play 11 regularly even if it's an opponent who goes off. It just ruins the game. I've seen plenty of end to end games ruined when one team goes a man down and just shuts up shop for the rest of the game.

It was Blackburn Rovers v Crewe not Man Utd v Estudiantes or Racing Club v Celtic. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Harper hardly touched the guy for the pen. It's gettting ridiculous, we've had 5 players sent off in the last few weeks . Not one of the fouls actually injured an opponent, everyone just got up and played on afterwards. It's killing the game as a spectacle and the officials, and I mean officials in a global sense not just the dorks that were at Ewood today , need to take some responsibility. I had been watching Rovers for 5 years before I saw my second sending off back in the day. And the game was much more physical that it is now.

I don't want to watch games were 10 play 11 regularly even if it's an opponent who goes off. It just ruins the game. I've seen plenty of end to end games ruined when one team goes a man down and just shuts up shop for the rest of the game.

It was Blackburn Rovers v Crewe not Man Utd v Estudiantes or Racing Club v Celtic. 

I'm not saying officials aren't awful, especially in this league. There was one home game a few weeks ago whiere I was raging for hours after the match. Also referees do ruin games by dishing out cards when, had they not done, no one would have questioned it.   I'm with you on that.

I didn't go today so today's ref may well have been a joke all game.

Its just that, as soft as the contact may be, Harper does foul the guy in desperation when he's made a mistake and under the laws it's a red card.

What on earth was Harper doing? I wasn't there but I have just seen the highlights and Harper needs hauling over the coals by Mowbray for trying to play on the edge of his own box. From what I have seen he likes lots of touches on the ball but this is League One not Academy football. Mowbray didn't think it was a penalty but he should be more concerned as to how it came about.

On the result it was just what we didn't need.

Just now, Hasta said:

I'm not saying officials aren't awful, especially in this league. There was one home game a few weeks ago whiere I was raging for hours after the match. Also referees do ruin games by dishing out cards when, had they not done, no one would have questioned it.   I'm with you on that.

I didn't go today so today's ref may well have been a joke all game.

Its just that, as soft as the contact may be, Harper does foul the guy in desperation when he's made a mistake and under the laws it's a red card.

Well it needs to change. We're getting total over reaction these days.

Just now, arbitro said:

What on earth was Harper doing? I wasn't there but I have just seen the highlights and Harper needs hauling over the coals by Mowbray for trying to play on the edge of his own box. From what I have seen he likes lots of touches on the ball but this is League One not Academy football. Mowbray didn't think it was a penalty but he should be more concerned as to how it came about.

On the result it was just what we didn't need.

I'd also kick the arse of whoever thought it was a good idea to pass the ball from the left back position to another player with his back to play on the edge of our own  penalty area. Just as bad as Harper in my book.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think has been mentioned - penalty or red card - not both under new rules (please somebody clarify).

Looking at the highlights the only thing that you do see is the Crewe player react and kick out at Bennett. Listening on radio - nobody could believe the refereeing

I thought the rules were if the player makes an obvious attempt to play the ball and commits a foul then it's only a yellow card and penalty. But a cynical pull back or foul clearly stopping a goal-scoring opportunity is a red card. Personally thought it was very soft, Harper's barely touched him and he's gone down very easily.

Definite penalty but red card is extremely harsh. Don't no if Bennett did something after the camera panned away but I can't for the life of me see why the game even stopped.

Unfortunate day but alot of good to take from the first half an hour and more minutes for Travis and wharton , goals for Graham and Samuel. Take the positives and on to the next. After all we are still in the cup .

Three terrible decisions. Whoever passes to Harper there is an idiot. Why Harper tried to do what he did on the edge of the box I don’t know and as for the soft push over we’re 3 up you daft bastard. Isn’t ready for first team football yet if that was a league game i’d have booed the lad off.

I don’t think the pen is harsh, a cynical push in the area giving the lad a reason to jump on the floor. A cynical foul making no attempt to win the ball when it was a clear goal scoring opportunity is a red. It’s not harsh he’s an idiot. 

I did go. The ref was an absolute joke. Simple as that. Three up and we could have had six, easy. Of course it doesn't work like that, we eased off. Personally I'd have sacked Mowbray there and then, you know, three up at home in the first 20 mins.

Then the Pen. Borderline. But it was. But he hesitated, then gave it. Then a Red. Wrong decision. It was a genuine attempt to play the ball. New rules guys.

Then the Bennet incident. Ok, I missed the details. But it looked a load of handbags. Lino got his flag up, waved it, their lad started acting, Ref really couldn't wait. Another Red.

What got me though was that perhaps half their team could have had 8 yellows? (maybe a second yellow and a red even). The lack of consistency was blindingly obvious. And that's what we all want right? Consistency.

I think it says a lot when I come away from the that game today and not angry with our team. In fact I thought we acquitted ourselves well.

4 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

I did go. The ref was an absolute joke. Simple as that. Three up and we could have had six, easy. Of course it doesn't work like that, we eased off. Personally I'd have sacked Mowbray there and then, you know, three up at home in the first 20 mins.

Then the Pen. Borderline. But it was. But he hesitated, then gave it. Then a Red. Wrong decision. It was a genuine attempt to play the ball. New rules guys.

Then the Bennet incident. Ok, I missed the details. But it looked a load of handbags. Lino got his flag up, waved it, their lad started acting, Ref really couldn't wait. Another Red.

What got me though was that perhaps half their team could have had 8 yellows? (maybe a second yellow and a red even). The lack of consistency was blindingly obvious. And that's what we all want right? Consistency.

I think it says a lot when I come away from the that game today and not angry with our team. In fact I thought we acquitted ourselves well.

How did the young lads Wharton and Travis play?

Never seems to be boring this fixture at Ewood does it? In spring 2000 as people have mentioned earlier on this thread there was a game so ridiculous it makes today look normal. Then at the end of the year there was a game where Rovers needed a ton of chances (albeit not as many) for a 1-0 win. More recently the game last year and now this one. Does it really matter if Rovers have to play one midweek game people could get injured in training. OK suspensions are possible (as evident by today) but compare it to City who have to go all the way to Ukraine in midweek (having already qualified) before playing United next weekend. Remember in the CL only a certain number of players are eligible. Rovers could get away with probably bringing in a couple of Academy players in this replay. I'm not sure that would be allowed for the entire side. I doubt the club would do that anyway have to remember we will know who Rovers could be playing and if especially its away at a huge stadium the club will want the ticket money. 

4 minutes ago, Swanson said:

How did the young lads Wharton and Travis play?

I thought they did well. Wharton was no nonsense, when in doubt, kick it out (nowt wrong with that imv). Hard to tell with the corners as I'm in the BBE. But clearly crap marking for both corners, nine men or not.

Travis did well overall I thought. Quite strong, not over awed on his debut. Look forward to seeing him again. Hopefully with 11 on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Never seems to be boring this fixture at Ewood does it? In spring 2000 as people have mentioned earlier on this thread there was a game so ridiculous it makes today look normal. Then at the end of the year there was a game where Rovers needed a ton of chances (albeit not as many) for a 1-0 win. More recently the game last year and now this one. Does it really matter if Rovers have to play one midweek game people could get injured in training. OK suspensions are possible (as evident by today) but compare it to City who have to go all the way to Ukraine in midweek (having already qualified) before playing United next weekend. Remember in the CL only a certain number of players are eligible. Rovers could get away with probably bringing in a couple of Academy players in this replay. I'm not sure that would be allowed for the entire side. I doubt the club would do that anyway have to remember we will know who Rovers could be playing and if especially its away at a huge stadium the club will want the ticket money. 

Absolutely Vinjay. Hopefully we'll get United away, if we get through. Then we can pay off that pesky £130 million we owe.

Just watched the replay thought Harpers red card bit harsh and the Crewe player Bennett is supposed to  have kicked in the balls soon jumped up and got on with the game all seems to point to a poor standard  of Refereeing in the lower leagues anyway we will just have to deal with Crewe in the replay.

3 hours ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

3-0 up concede a red card which triggers a goal too. Not a ‘normal’ sending off. They did the best they could with 9 men. Give them a break.

Sorry but basic defending on harpers he was the only one back for Christ sake shocking all round. 

50 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Initially I would have agreed with you. When I saw it live from the jack walker stand I thought it was a clumsy tangle and he had made a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Having seen it since from the Riverside camera angle I believe the red card was the correct decision. Harper deliberately stuck his right arm out resulting in contact - not an attempt to play the ball in my opinion. Incredibly yet unsurprisingly naive by Harper.

Credit to us for holding out the 3-3 for 30 mins with only 9 men after we had appeared to have given up. 

Looking forward to the replay and ticking a new ground off.

Also very pleased that an ex QEGS and Blackburn town team lad bagged 2 for them! I wrote in an earlier post he was relishing the chance to play at Ewood! 

2 hours ago, bob fleming said:

I thought they did well. Wharton was no nonsense, when in doubt, kick it out (nowt wrong with that imv). Hard to tell with the corners as I'm in the BBE. But clearly crap marking for both corners, nine men or not.

Travis did well overall I thought. Quite strong, not over awed on his debut. Look forward to seeing him again. Hopefully with 11 on the pitch.

Other than part hospital pass to Harper (who could have dealt with a poor pass to him) that led to their pen; had a good game. Defo one for the future. Should be on the bench ahead of Ward.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Terrible refereeing. How did our two get sent off,but their lad doesn't? That ref should be made answer for that performance 

The penalty from Harper is an absolute definite red card.

If the referee hadn't have issued a red card his season would have been over for Harpers deliberate pulling down as the striker sets for a free shot at goal with no other defender in sight.

Harper receives a simple, easy pass into his feet, pity the lad has his head right up his own arse needlessly losing possession then giving away a cheap penalty getting himself correctly sent off in the process ........what a game changer from the young Loanee for all the wrong reasons.

Let's hope Harpers sent back to West Brom another costly Mowbray signing.

Archived