BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Don't have an issue with the pass, it's accurate, weighted right for the receiver, who's in space but then what the passer doesn't know is that his colleagues head is also in space.

Harpers got to go back asap after this another Gladwin signing from Mowbray and his crew.

He has to go back for getting a red card? Should we sell Bennett too? What about Samuel? 

Another Gladwin, time will tell, but he doesn't seem to be another Dack, Smalwood, Downing or Antonnsson so far anyway. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was referring to the fact he didn't send their player off. Do you think he got that call correct? 

Ya, foolish from Harper, but "another costly Mowbray signing", really? He has got more transfers right than wrong, so don't get your point there. Also. by and large, people have been giving good reviews for Harper, but you want to just write the young lad off for a foolish mistake? Did you say before  that you coached kids? 

We failed to win the game when coasting from a Mowbray signing how else do you want to dress up. How many times did Mowbray go to watch the lad p,ay before he signed him none ?

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has to go back for getting a red card? Should we sell Bennett too? What about Samuel? 

Another Gladwin, time will tell, but he doesn't seem to be another Dack, Smalwood, Downing or Antonnsson so far anyway. 

Because he's crap and costly 

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well edited BBC coverage focusing on Rovers game.

Includes the Bennet goolie STAMP and Motionless Mowbray

On the evidence of that Rovers should appeal and could be successful. When I saw it yesterday I assumed that something had happened after the ball broke and wasn't caught on camera. As play is going on the referee can be seen clearly looking back and then he stops the game presumably on the assistants advice to send Bennett off. I think this is for the first incident when he believes violent conduct has occurred. It hasn't. The appeals process can be quite random but if Rovers present their case correctly they have a decent chance.

Just now, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Any idea if this replay could be televised?  Apologies if discussed earlier in the thread.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/december/rovers-to-consider-red-card-appeal/

The bottom of this story suggests that it will be a week tomorrow at 7:45pm. Whether that is confirmed or just Rovers announcing it without considering possible TV selection not clear.

17 minutes ago, JAL said:

Don't have an issue with the pass, it's accurate, weighted right for the receiver, who's in space but then what the passer doesn't know is that his colleagues head is also in space.

Harpers got to go back asap after this another Gladwin signing from Mowbray and his crew.

Harper is infield on the edge of our box facing our goal and with Crewe players to left right and behind and you have no problem with the pass to him?

Harper tries to control and turn and messes up big time but should never have been passed to in the first place.

Tippy Tappy Bollocks.

My own take on Harper was that he poorly mis controlled a suicide pass and then made a ludicrous error of judgement with the 'challenge' and for me was rightly sent off. I feel it demonstrates a clear lack of intelligence on his part which may explain why, when he's apparently got bags of ability, he finds himself a bit part player at Ewood.

Bennet's sending off was more a coming together and a tangle of legs and for me didn't warrant a red card.

What's forgotten is that we were 3 up and coasting after 20 minutes: The first goal was a schoolboy error, never pass the ball across your own penalty area and that other 2 were poorly defended set piece corners with free headers. Nine men or not, we were not undone in open play and our poor defending from corners in particular should warrant real attention from Mowbray.

We conceded a 3 goal lead by inept defensive play, not the fact the ref was crap or that we were down to 9 men. Let's not kid ourselves.

37 minutes ago, JAL said:

We failed to win the game when coasting from a Mowbray signing how else do you want to dress up. How many times did Mowbray go to watch the lad p,ay before he signed him none ?

37 minutes ago, JAL said:

Because he's crap and costly 

You didn't answer a single one of my questions. Should we sell or send back every player who gets a red card? 

Do you coach young players? Do you send them home if they get a red card? 

Harper is crap and costly? Do explain the costly part please. 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You didn't answer a single one of my questions. Should we sell or send back every player who gets a red card? 

Do you coach young players? Do you send them home if they get a red card? 

Harper is crap and costly? Do explain the costly part please. 

We are three nil up after 30 mins coasting through he receives a good pass, @#/?s it up, costs us a goal and gets sent off in the process reducing us to ten men for an hour. 

28 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

My own take on Harper was that he poorly mis controlled a suicide pass and then made a ludicrous error of judgement with the 'challenge' and for me was rightly sent off. I feel it demonstrates a clear lack of intelligence on his part which may explain why, when he's apparently got bags of ability, he finds himself a bit part player at Ewood.

Bennet's sending off was more a coming together and a tangle of legs and for me didn't warrant a red card.

What's forgotten is that we were 3 up and coasting after 20 minutes: The first goal was a schoolboy error, never pass the ball across your own penalty area and that other 2 were poorly defended set piece corners with free headers. Nine men or not, we were not undone in open play and our poor defending from corners in particular should warrant real attention from Mowbray.

We conceded a 3 goal lead by inept defensive play, not the fact the ref was crap or that we were down to 9 men. Let's not kid ourselves.

It's a good pass and Harper has no ability and no brains.

14 minutes ago, JAL said:

It's a good pass and Harper has no ability and no brains.

The fact that a miss control on the edge of the box immediately presented 2 Crewe forwards with a goalscoring opportunity, suggests to me that it was a poor pass. I guess had Nyambe played the ball to Harper, you'd have been screaming it was suicidal.

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

On the evidence of that Rovers should appeal and could be successful. When I saw it yesterday I assumed that something had happened after the ball broke and wasn't caught on camera. As play is going on the referee can be seen clearly looking back and then he stops the game presumably on the assistants advice to send Bennett off. I think this is for the first incident when he believes violent conduct has occurred. It hasn't. The appeals process can be quite random but if Rovers present their case correctly they have a decent chance.

That footage doesnt appear to show whatever Bennett got sent off for, the infraction appears to have happened after the camera panned away. The reason for this is the referee didn't give a foul for the initial collision and played on but  something subsequently attracted his attention.

Unless footage turns up proving Bennett did nothing there isn't a cat in hells chance of us appealing it successfully as either the referee or linesman or both obviously believe they saw Bennett did something which warranted a sending off.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Depends on how many games are televised.

If it's one it will be Hereford v Fleetwood, RONNIE RADFORD! Remember that? etc.

If it's two then maybe Rovers could be picked.

Presume Fylde and Wigan has another chance also

Just now, JAL said:

We are three nil up after 30 mins coasting through he receives a good pass, @#/?s it up, costs us a goal and gets sent off in the process reducing us to ten men for an hour. 

If you think the pass to Harper was a good pass you obviously know even less about football than I thought you did. He was on the edge of our own penalty area with his back to play with no support.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That footage doesnt appear to show whatever Bennett got sent off for, the infraction appears to have happened after the camera panned away. The reason for this is the referee didn't give a foul for the initial collision and played on but  something subsequently attracted his attention.

Unless footage turns up proving Bennett did nothing there isn't a cat in hells chance of us appealing it successfully as either the referee or linesman or both obviously believe they saw Bennett did something which warranted a sending off.

And that's why I wrote on the evidence of what we saw. The rest is assumption on your part.

Don't let your dislike of Bennett cloud your judgement and your belief in natural justice.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon the replay will be firey. I imagine Dack man, The King and Captain Fantastic will all be back in the starting 11 

Hopefully not. Shouldn’t be risking injury or suspension to our key men against a side that will be as physical as they come and in a game that isn’t as important.

Archived