BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely leave Smallwood out. I think this game will be niggly and he isn't a player who can not respond to that. The problem is then that we are just left with kids in the middle in Tomlinson and Harper. I would go with them though and leave Smallwood on the bench. Harper has some making up to do and I suppose the case could be made that Tomlinson has a fair bit of experience with the successful under 23s.

I would say Graham is a cert to start. Probably be Ward and Wharton at the back again. Rest Mulgrew, Dack and Antonnsson,but have them on the bench to call upon if necessary 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would definitely leave Smallwood out. I think this game will be niggly and he isn't a player who can not respond to that.

Eh? :blink:

13 minutes ago, david brent said:

There is a very good chance it will be off tomorrow unfortunately. The ground definitely does not have undersoil heating and -8 tonight in Crewe

Hell, you guys have it even colder there than here in Finland :huh:.

I hope we get this out of the way nevertheless.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A bit of a wordy sentence :) I meant if Crewe are getting stuck in, so will he. I don't want him to get injured! 

Sorry, I missed out the "not" in your sentence. :D

Team wise, I’ve narrowed it down to the following...

Luetwiler 

Nyambe Wharton Ward Hart

Conway Tomlinson Harper ANYONE

Nuttall ANYONE  

...based on we cannot afford injuries to: Williams, Mulgrew, Downing, Smallwood, Antonsson, Dack, Graham, Samuel with Evans and Whittingham out. 

Scrap the cup. Let’s concentrate on getting out this god awful league without the terror of Wembley. 

• J*B pinned this topic
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team for this game would be

Luetwiler; Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams; Harper Smallwood Tomlinson Antonsson; Graham, Samuel

subs:- Fisher Wharton Hart Hardcastle Conway Nuttall Dack

I don't understand, with Charlton coming up on Saturday followed by a busy festive period, why risk Mulgrew and Smallwood? Surely a few days rest for those 2 wrapped in cotton wool should be in order?

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I don't understand, with Charlton coming up on Saturday followed by a busy festive period, why risk Mulgrew and Smallwood? Surely a few days rest for those 2 wrapped in cotton wool should be in order?

I want to keep our run going..

Does Mulgrew and Smallwood want to play? I think both would. Then they play for me. 

Out wide could be a problem.

I'd be reluctant to play Conway as you know full well he'll breakdown after about 20 minutes, not a risk I'd take with Bennett still out for a further two games. So, think Antonsson would have to play on one flank, not sure who'd you'd play on the other, Hart?

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Out wide could be a problem.

I'd be reluctant to play Conway as you know full well he'll breakdown after about 20 minutes, not a risk I'd take with Bennett still out for a further two games. So, think Antonsson would have to play on one flank, not sure who'd you'd play on the other, Hart?

I bet he’s tempted to go back to 3-5-2.

• Backroom

I'dbe tempted to go with mostly U23s for this tbh. 352

Leutweiler

Platt    Ward    Wharton 

Travis    Tomlinson    Harper    Hart

Rankin-Costello

Graham     Nuttall

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's irrelevant what they want. They don't run the team. 'Embarrassing' post.

Embarrassing post? ???

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Chaddy you’ll be the first to complain if Mulgrew plays and he picks up an injury. Why on earth risk him when we have bigger games coming up thick and fast?

Rest him 100% for tonight along with as a minimum, Smallwood, Dack and Antonsson. 

Mowbray has said already he will take strong squad. But will he leave key players out or take under 23 side there

Antonsson has to play due to lack of options out wide until we go 3 at the back.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Embarrassing post?

I can't even look at you right now, Chaddy. You've brought shame on the board.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said already he will take strong squad. But will he leave 

Now you want him to leave too! Unbelievable!! You've more front (and flip-flop) than Blackpool.

Mowbray would be silly to risk some of our most vulnerable players in terms of injuries and potential suspensions. I think Smallwood picked up his sixth or seventh caution on Saturday which takes him closer to ten and a two match ban. The way he plays he could get a yellow card in any game. If the game goes ahead it could be a tricky, hard surface and in that case I wouldn't consider any of the regular first team players. The under 23's was off last night and I would play most of them tonight.

Archived