SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
17 minutes ago, J*B said:

The rumour is Crewe forgot to put the cover on the pitch. Brilliant.

Have they injuries? Seems a very obvious mistake to make 

• Backroom

If it's true that they didn't put covers on (if they have any) the FA should be having a word

Now one less day between this and a much more important game at weekend 

The rearrangement now clashes with the Youth Cup-tie at Ewood - which is a shame for the youngsters as it will no doubt impact on the numbers watching at Ewood.  With one day less for recovery before a tough game at the weekend I would assume that Mowbray will be rethinking his team selection.  Must admit I would have been happier with this being played next week instead of tomorrow. 

I think it's sensible to play it tomorrow and get it out of the way if possible. I think Mowbray will want a clear week ahead of the four games in eight day period over Christmas and New Year. The last thing we need is unnecessary injuries just before this important phase of the season.

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

If it's true that they didn't put covers on (if they have any) the FA should be having a word

Now one less day between this and a much more important game at weekend 

Let them think of their own excuses Tom. If they can't play two games in a week they need to find another vocation.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I can't even look at you right now, Chaddy. You've brought shame on the board.

Now you want him to leave too! Unbelievable!! You've more front (and flip-flop) than Blackpool.

Shame? Really? Discussing a manager who had us top 6 and that brought shame on the board and some embarrassing comments. 

I want Mowbray here for many years to come. Hopefully take us all the way back to the PL

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shame? Really? Discussing a manager who had us top 6 and that brought shame on the board and some embarrassing comments. 

I want Mowbray here for many years to come. Hopefully take us all the way back to the PL

Brought shame on the board :lol::lol:

Have a word you sanctimonious tart. If anything the Mowbray out DISCUSSION was one of the better ones on here as both sides actually discussed without belittlement. Until you & Gav came along that is.

Besides, at least those that called for his head have since had the balls to admit they acted hastily, and provide reasonable justification for doing so, as opposed to your previous blanket denials of your wrongs. Which makes this recent "I said....trust Mowbray", "I said 4-2-3-1 was our best formation" (even though you didn't....) all the more cringeworthy.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Brought shame on the board :lol::lol:

Have a word you sanctimonious tart. If anything the Mowbray out DISCUSSION was one of the better ones on here as both sides actually discussed without belittlement. Until you & Gav came along that is.

Besides, at least those that called for his head have since had the balls to admit they acted hastily, and provide reasonable justification for doing so, as opposed to your previous blanket denials of your wrongful opinions. Which makes this recent "I said....trust Mowbray", "I said 4-2-3-1 was our best formation" (even though you didn't....) all the more cringeworthy.

Suggest you look through the board threads pre season and you will see that I said 4-2-3-1 was the best formation with the squad we had. Stop with the rubbish cos its boring. 

Talk of sacking a manager who had us top 6 is nonsense and stupid

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'dbe tempted to go with mostly U23s for this tbh. 352

Leutweiler

Platt    Ward    Wharton 

Travis    Tomlinson    Harper    Hart

Rankin-Costello

Graham     Nuttall

Good shout Mike, I agree totally. Ideally I'd love us to progress to the third round but not at all costs.

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'dbe tempted to go with mostly U23s for this tbh. 352

Leutweiler

Platt    Ward    Wharton 

Travis    Tomlinson    Harper    Hart

Rankin-Costello

Graham     Nuttall

Tony, if you are reading this, that is the team to play.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Suggest you look through the board threads pre season and you will see that I said 4-2-3-1 was the best formation with the squad we had. Stop with the rubbish cos its boring. 

Talk of sacking a manager who had us top 6 is nonsense and stupid

Nope. You said 3-5-2 was the formation to play with but believe TM will play 4-2-3-1. For which you was corrected that TM preferred 3 at the back - which he did, until he couldn't get a win with that formation so reverted to type. Not that it matters anyway, it's just one of dozens of things you've been wrong for in the past. Not that being wrong is anything bad, it's just hugely frustrating to constantly read how "embarrassing, shameful and stupid" people are for being wrong (that must have been your 10th+ post on the subject) when you have been wrong so often in the past.

8 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

Good Friday, Easter Saturday  and Easter Monday

Saturday afternoon, Blackburn Combination, out on the lash Saturday night and then Sunday league game on Sunday morning. Granted I was crap, but playing the same standard of player as me, so, if I can do it, so can they! :) 

Archived