BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

Just now, darrenrover said:

Harper clearly lacks something between his ears.

Send him back and get a proper left footed left winger. I don't agree with this stupid inverted winger idea.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Al said:

Send him back and get a proper left footed left winger.

I thought he'd have brought something more to the team than what he has. Maybe he's got potential, but he needs some serious mentoring at his own club, rather than here. Tomlinson is clearly the better option for Rovers, simply because he's better.

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Listening on radio, Harper is having a poor game according to Bayes and Gallagher, just been booked

Even Radio Rovers (now iFollow?) were critical of him, so that's saying something.

Harper had some good appraisals before coming on loan here. I wonder if he's been allowed to get ahead of himself?

5 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Even Radio Rovers (now iFollow?) were critical of him, so that's saying something.

Harper had some good appraisals before coming on loan here. I wonder if he's been allowed to get ahead of himself?

Don't know,maybe so mate.I was critical of his signing at the time as I felt it would prevent the likes of Tomlinson getting a chance in the squad.But maybe he was only signed because of Tomlinson having some personal issues to sort out so il give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt.If everyone fit,Harper shouldn't be in the 18 so I'd be looking to send him back in January.

Travis on for Harper

Just now, islander200 said:

I was critical of his signing at the time as I felt it would prevent the likes of Tomlinson getting a chance in the squad.

Turns out you are bob on!

Furthermore... Tomlinson, born in Burnley, came to Rovers. Kudos!

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

I thought he'd have brought something more to the team than what he has. Maybe he's got potential, but he needs some serious mentoring at his own club, rather than here. Tomlinson is clearly the better option for Rovers, simply because he's better.

Speaking of Tomlinson, how did he get on tonight?

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Played really well, plays with a lot of energy and has a good brain on him, he and Smallwood look the part. 

Excellent. With Evans being injury prone/poor and Whittingham at the wrong end of his career we’ve needed another central midfield option. Even better if he’s a product of our own academy.

Never want to see Harper play in a blue and white shirt again. Terrible performance. Absolutely no positional sense what so ever. Never tracked his runner , never showed for the ball , never put a tackle in and looked lazy and disinterested. 

On the positive side Tomlinson had another good game and Travis should really be pushing for a start. I would start him against Charlton if the decision was mine. Graham played well and took his goal well and was unlucky with a thunderous effort that hit the bar.

We're through, bring on the tigers

Archived