BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crewe - FA Cup (Again!)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. He's made a real difference and it's great to have a player the fans can get behind. The sort of player that causes a buzz around the ground whenever he gets the ball. The sort of player that can do things with the ball you and I never could. I like how he can keep the ball close in tight spaces. Did you ever see Rodney Marsh ? He was good at that for a big guy. Not many people had Ronnie Clayton running around in circles but he did, admittedly at the end of Ronnie's career.

Maybe Dack never took things seriously before coming to Rovers. I'd agree he could play in the next Division up without too much trouble.

Ya, I was thinking about the Charlton game and getting a bit worried. Then I thought "Jesus ,how worried must their fans be?" We are scoring goals from literally everywhere. Dack, Antonnsson, Samuel,Nutall, Graham and even Mulgrew. Thats a lot for the opposition to think about stopping. Added to the good hardworking pros we have like Downing, Williams, Bennett, Conway and the King, its all balancing nicely. 

When we were about to kick off I used to say to my son - " paint me a picture of us scoring a goal". When we had Duff, Jansen, Cole, Dunn, Gillespie etc it wasn't too difficult. They all had their own strengths and different ways of scoring goals.

Over recent seasons it hasn't been easy to paint pictures. We haven't been able to share the goals across the team. Now it appears we can. Dack bursting through from deep, Antonnson ghosting in to the box from out wide, Charlie up for corners or his free kicks, Graham/Samuel/Nuttall through the middle. Things are looking up.

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I was thinking about the Charlton game and getting a bit worried. Then I thought "Jesus ,how worried must their fans be?" We are scoring goals from literally everywhere. Dack, Antonnsson, Samuel,Nutall, Graham and even Mulgrew. Thats a lot for the opposition to think about stopping. Added to the good hardworking pros we have like Downing, Williams, Bennett, Conway and the King, its all balancing nicely. 

We shouldn't worry about any team or fixture in this league. As you say, we are favourites by virtue of our recent form, league position and personnel. We won't get promoted if we go into games worried about what the opposition can do and worrying about beating sides at home.

The only concern I have is that we had a game on Wednesday containing numerous 1st team regulars and that there might be a knock on effect from that.

Charlton have picked up 1 point from their last 9 against the 'better' sides in this league - Scunthorpe, Peterborough and Portsmouth - that point being a last minute penalty at home to Posh - and we are better than those teams - so I expect a win and won't be playing the 'ill take a point from this one' game again this season. We've got an advantage now in that our 'rivals' all have to come to Ewood and in theory that should stand us in good stead and we need to be looking to win them to achieve the top 2.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Yea, the idea that one players inclusion was a catalyst to our improvement is ridiculous.

The catalysts of our improvement are the bedding in of new players, a solid tactical foundation and an improvement in fitness and effort.

Surprised you weren’t just confused like always.

You clearly don’t even know what a catalyst is.

Back to school for Joe. :rolleyes: 

53 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We shouldn't worry about any team or fixture in this league. As you say, we are favourites by virtue of our recent form, league position and personnel. We won't get promoted if we go into games worried about what the opposition can do and worrying about beating sides at home.

The only concern I have is that we had a game on Wednesday containing numerous 1st team regulars and that there might be a knock on effect from that.

Charlton have picked up 1 point from their last 9 against the 'better' sides in this league - Scunthorpe, Peterborough and Portsmouth - that point being a last minute penalty at home to Posh - and we are better than those teams - so I expect a win and won't be playing the 'ill take a point from this one' game again this season. We've got an advantage now in that our 'rivals' all have to come to Ewood and in theory that should stand us in good stead and we need to be looking to win them to achieve the top 2.

No games are easy at this level unless you make it happen. Get at them right from the off. No giving them an easy first 20 minutes to play themselves in.

The only team which can beat us in this League is Blackburn Rovers.

ie when we get the mind games, the preparation and team/tactics wrong. Then it is worth remembering that every club in this division have avoided losing to at least one of Wimbledon, Doncaster Rovers, Southend United and Oldham Athletic.. except us.

Even Man City have games in which they don't score early or knock in 3 in 10 minutes so let's be thankful we can score freely but not take it as a given every game.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Surprised you weren’t just confused like always.

You clearly don’t even know what a catalyst is.

Back to school for Joe. :rolleyes: 

I’ve just spent 45 hours at school this week, no more thanks...

You know what I mean Stuart: there are plenty of “seeds” that are “beginning to blossom” and our improvement doesn’t hang on a single one.

Archived