BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

1 minute ago, Raya4espania said:

Err, because Burnley are in the Premier League and we've just escaped league one?

Burnley also gave young players chances when they were in the championship(Trippier, Ings, Mee), and reaped the rewards of persisting with them during their indifferent early form. You might want to take note of that the next time you slag off nyambe , samuel and our academy prospects.

Samuel is a bad example as his recruitment blocked one of our youth players.

On 18/05/2018 at 01:26, jim mk2 said:

Shelvey,  probably the best passer of the ball in the Premier League,  is the standout omission for me.  Would have taken him instead of Delph or Lingard. 

Cahill and Stones makes silly mistakes. Smalling is a much better player than both. 

Smalling?? We must watch different games. 

I agree we should have taken Shelvey. I would still have taken Wilshire too although hes paying the price for pulling out of those two friendlies. Our team has plenty of workmen like players but no one who can pick a pass through a tight defense. Our forward line has goals in it but we dont create them any chances. Was the same at the last tournament. Loads of possession but no penetration. 

Its a shame Milner is retired and Oxlade Chamerlin got injured. Both have had a fantastic season. 

Dont see how Lallana can be on the reserved list and Wilshire dropped for being too injured when hes played miles more football than Lallana this year. 

Edited by benhben

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Nuttall for one.

Is Nuttall that good though?I'm asking your opinion as iv not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

In the few games I seen for the senior team with him involved I wasn't that impressed but not really fair for me to judge him on that. 

Has he looked like someone who deserves to be involved with the seniors from the u23 games you attended?

Just now, islander200 said:

Is Nuttall that good though?I'm asking your opinion as iv not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

In the few games I seen for the senior team with him involved I wasn't that impressed but not really fair for me to judge him on that. 

Has he looked like someone who deserves to be involved with the seniors from the u23 games you attended?

He’s too good for the U23s but he isn’t going to progress with Samuel being preferred. He seems to have been conned a bit in that he was played in the first team, did well, signed a new contract and was then dropped while in form.

He always looks more lively in the 23s than he has in the first team. Like he is happier in that team - possibly because he is physically stronger than most opposition defenders.

I would have liked to have seen Mowbray stock with him and make Samuel work a bit harder to get back in. Instead he dented his confidence imo.

He certainly deserves to be around the first team squad but if he isn’t going to feature he should be loaned out to get some proper experience. Depends how much more difficult PL2 D1 is going to be - but even then it’s not the same when results don’t really matter.

18 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

Err, because Burnley are in the Premier League and we've just escaped league one?

Burnley also gave young players chances when they were in the championship(Trippier, Ings, Mee), and reaped the rewards of persisting with them during their indifferent early form. You might want to take note of that the next time you slag off nyambe , samuel and our academy prospects.

Those Burnley players youre quoting are better than ours, what I'm asking is why aren't Rovers players better than the Burnley standard. I'll draw a line under Nyambe for now big season next season for him do we agree I've made my thoughts known and that's that.

As for the academy prospects most aren't getting in the first team and they're now in their twenties if youre good enough your old enough. Did you see some of these lads at home to Bury in the Checkatrade cup they were poor very poor and where are Bury now.

As for Dominic Samuel well......?

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nuttall's not been very good except at the graveyard development group games playing against no hopers of other professional club's.

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1

• Backroom

I think Nuttall would be a good player if he worked on his strength more. His main issue seems to be in holding off defenders imo.

Otherwise, he's a reasonable player and his performances for the u23s suggest he knows where the net is.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, JAL said:

Those Burnley players youre quoting are better than ours, what I'm asking is why aren't Rovers players better than the Burnley standard. I'll draw a line under Nyambe for now big season next season for him do we agree I've made my thoughts known and that's that.

As for the academy prospects most aren't getting in the first team and they're now in their twenties if youre good enough your old enough. Did you see some of these lads at home to Bury in the Checkatrade cup they were poor very poor and where are Bury now.

As for Dominic Samuel well......?

Are you on the wind up JAL?? Rovers players aren’t the standard of Burnley as up until this season we were two divisions below. Surprised that needs to be clarified. Haven’t you been paying attention? It’s been awful, but as the song goes, ‘we’re in our way back’. (We live in hope). 

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

No. Completely overrated and would release him yesterday if it was up to me

2 hours ago, meadows said:

Trippier, Ings and Mee were all signed for fees as oven-ready Championship Players too so hardly comparable to our crop of kids and players rejected by other teams’ academies. 

Exactly meadows. Trippier and Mings now playing for top six premier league club's whilst our rag tag bunch of reclaimees from the Lower leagues with a slim to slimmer chance of making it to a top six club.

On 18/05/2018 at 01:26, jim mk2 said:

Shelvey,  probably the best passer of the ball in the Premier League,  is the standout omission for me.  Would have taken him instead of Delph or Lingard. 

Cahill and Stones makes silly mistakes. Smalling is a much better player than both. 

Lingard is quality and one of our only two creative midfielders in the squad (the other being Loftus-Cheek). Don't think we should drop him for anybody! 

However we could easily have dropped Cahill or one of Alexander-Arnold/Young and brought Shelvey. I get the vibe Southgate doesn't like him on a personal level. Wonder if they had a run in when they were both in the youth setup? 

The England squad debate has centered around the omission of Shelvey, Lallana, and Wilshere.

Of the 3 I'd only argue for Lallana's inclusion. I don't think that Shelvey is up to it, and Wilshere signed his card when he pulled out of March's friendlies.

I read that Renato Sanches has been left out of Portugal's squad. He was outstanding for them at Euro 2016, and had the world at his feet post tournament. Man U offered big money for him. He chose Bayern Munich. Fast forward less than 2 years and he can't get a game for relegated Swansea. I wonder what happened?

29 minutes ago, meadows said:

It’d a fact of life that however outstanding a bunch of youngsters look,only 2 or 3 at best make it thru at the parent club. Instead of writing your virulent and unsubstantiated bile about out kids on here why not get to Leyland or Ewood an odd time to watch them or better still, don’t and also don’t come on here slagging them off. You might even feel like a better person by not doing, it must be some life you lead when you derive pleasure from lambasting teenagers and lads barely out of their teens. 

You've missed the point meadows and gone all emotional . 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, JAL said:

You've missed the point meadows and gone all emotional . 

There's no point to miss JAL, you simply hate players under the age of 23 who appear for Rovers.

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The England squad debate has centered around the omission of Shelvey, Lallana, and Wilshere.

Of the 3 I'd only argue for Lallana's inclusion. I don't think that Shelvey is up to it, and Wilshere signed his card when he pulled out of March's friendlies.

I read that Renato Sanches has been left out of Portugal's squad. He was outstanding for them at Euro 2016, and had the world at his feet post tournament. Man U offered big money for him. He chose Bayern Munich. Fast forward less than 2 years and he can't get a game for relegated Swansea. I wonder what happened?

It's a strange one. The lad looked a real talent at the euros. To not get in that Swansea team something has gone drastically wrong. He's young enough to turn it around and the ability is there for all to see.

Just looking at the players Spain, France and Belgium have omitted from their WC squads. Think it shows where we are strength and depth wise...

Naingollan (belgium), Fabregas, Marcus Alonso, Morata, Bellerin (Spain).

33 minutes ago, benhben said:

Just looking at the players Spain, France and Belgium have omitted from their WC squads. Think it shows where we are strength and depth wise...

Both teams have some talent at their disposal.

Belgium's preliminary squad; Belgium, Benteke included

Spain: Spain, Nacho Monreal included

Spain will be very hard to beat, as they are defensively solid, and will have a fit Costa this time out. Belgium have flattered to deceive for a while. De Bruyne and Hazard are world class, but can their skill be converted into goals by Benteke, Batshuayi, and flat track bully Lukaku?

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Both teams have some talent at their disposal.

Belgium's preliminary squad; Belgium, Benteke included

Spain: Spain, Nacho Monreal included

Spain will be very hard to beat, as they are defensively solid, and will have a fit Costa this time out. Belgium have flattered to deceive for a while. De Bruyne and Hazard are world class, but can their skill be converted into goals by Benteke, Batshuayi, and flat track bully Lukaku?

Interestingly the most frequent scorer of those has been Batshuayi over the last 6 months. Hes scored a lot more for Dortmund than Morata has at chesea recently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Payet didnt make the French squad too.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JacknOry said:

Payet didnt make the French squad too.

Not sure if you saw it or not, but he went off injured the other night in the Europa League final, so I reckon that's got a lot to do with it tbh.

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

There's no point to miss JAL, you simply don't rate players under the age of 23 who appear for Rovers.

Bit unfair Mike E don't rate not hate and that's not all of them just a few that seem to get more of a mention over others. 

Kept out of the Travis debate think he could well be the next one to step up though that poor challenge at Portsmouth disturbs me for some reason snd I dont know why.

Really really enjoyed watching David Raya in goal over those last few games.

It's not all negative! But the point was why are Burnley signing better players than us don't care what league we are in it hurts.