BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

31 minutes ago, roverandout said:

You can say about belgiums squad but they have a few donkeys in there too led by a donkey manager...he leaves out their best box to box midfielder naingolan or however you spell it...i mean come on fellaini

You have a point there. Belgium's stature is elevated in England as a host of their squad play in the Premier League, and their manager is well known too.

Their 2 world class players plus Courtois can win games. But add in their inefficient strikers, 2 midfielders wasting their prime playing in China, old defenders (Vermaelen for one), and the inevitable pressure heaped upon them, it doesn't look as good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAL said:

Bit unfair Mike E don't rate not hate and that's not all of them just a few that seem to get more of a mention over others. 

Kept out of the Travis debate think he could well be the next one to step up though that poor challenge at Portsmouth disturbs me for some reason snd I dont know why.

Really really enjoyed watching David Raya in goal over those last few games.

It's not all negative! But the point was why are Burnley signing better players than us don't care what league we are in it hurts.

Bumley = ??????????

Rovers = ?

If Martinez is clueless enough to leave Nainggolan at home but take wasters such as Benteke and Januzaj then, even though they've still undoubtedly got some top players, maybe England have more of a chance against them then I thought.....

• Like 1

For me, Belgium lead up the second group of teams at the World Cup, the quartet of Spain, Germany, Brazil and France look difficult to seperate and I think the winner is amongst them teams; they all have very little in the way of weaknesses and ridiculous depth. The squads theyve announced are all superb.

Belgium, Argentina, Portugal, ourselves and maybe Uruguay, all to varying degrees can be fairly optimistic but all have weaknesses and also lack depth.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Belgium player for player should be up there with the best teams but they just don't look that convincing. Look a bit mentally fragile (like England tbh). 

On paper they should beat us easily, but for whatever reason I am pretty sure we will get a draw. 

Dont think the manager will help in the fragile stakes !  All his teams have a soft under belly !

The Belgium game is a concern but in truth both us and Belgium should have two good wins vs Tunisia and Panama and more or less guaranteed ourselves qualification. We should win the Panama game by 3 or more goals even if this is a World Cup game.

Belgium's first 11 is fantastic but looking past that and you have some average players. Our issue is that we don't have a De Bruyne or Hazard - players that can single-handedly win games. Ideally we want to be winning our first two comfortably and then go into the Belgium game knowing that we are only playing for top spot. 

27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The Belgium game is a concern but in truth both us and Belgium should have two good wins vs Tunisia and Panama and more or less guaranteed ourselves qualification. We should win the Panama game by 3 or more goals even if this is a World Cup game.

Belgium's first 11 is fantastic but looking past that and you have some average players. Our issue is that we don't have a De Bruyne or Hazard - players that can single-handedly win games. Ideally we want to be winning our first two comfortably and then go into the Belgium game knowing that we are only playing for top spot. 

Harry Kane.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Unfortunately you are thinking logically. It never is with England. Last time out they got 2 draws and a raggy win out of a group containing Wales, Russia, and Slovakia.

I watched the USA easily dismantle Panama 6 months ago. They are not a good side by any stretch, but they'll have all the passion in the world and will make it very hard.

Molly McKewVerified account @MollyMcKew

Russia says it will use electronic warfare tech tested in Ukraine and Syria during the World Cup. That isn't just about "preventing drone attacks". No one should be going to Russia for the World Cup.

• Like 1

Argentina's 23 has been named. There's no place for Mauro Icardi. He scored 29 goals in Serie A this season Not surprising though with the riches at their disposal. Unfortunately their defensive options are scant.

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero, Willy Caballero, Franco Armani

Defenders: Gabriel Mercado, Javier Mascherano, Nicolas Otamendi, Federico Fazio, Marcos Rojo, Nicolas Tagliafico, Marcos Acuna, Cristian Ansaldi

Midfielders: Manuel Lanzini, Maximiliano Meza, Lucas Biglia, Ever Banega, Giovani Lo Celso, Angel Di Maria, Cristian Pavon, Eduardo Salvio

Forwards: Paulo Dybala, Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero, Gonzalo Higuain

20 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Argentina's 23 has been named. There's no place for Mauro Icardi. He scored 29 goals in Serie A this season Not surprising though with the riches at their disposal. Unfortunately their defensive options are scant.

Defenders: Gabriel Mercado, Javier Mascherano, Nicolas Otamendi, Federico Fazio, Marcos Rojo, Nicolas Tagliafico, Marcos Acuna, Cristian Ansaldi

Midfielders: Manuel Lanzini, Maximiliano Meza, Lucas Biglia, Ever Banega, Giovani Lo Celso, Angel Di Maria, Cristian Pavon, Eduardo Salvio

Great forwards..mediocre everywhere else

On 22/05/2018 at 18:06, speeeeeeedie said:

Argentina players get well overrated IMO(Veron, Di maria).. Spain's are ageing, Germans unpredictable.. 

Brazil are my tip, but no reason england can't go far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Heres me wanting to use Kane as an impact sub and Gareth Southagate goes and names Kane his captain. 

That's definitely floored my expectations for England.

You really are talking some utter bull now..i cant tell if you are a parody or for real

Just now, roverandout said:

You really are talking some utter bull now..i cant tell if you are a parody or for real

He's too slow for International football plus his team can't do anythng in the premier league.

Just now, roverandout said:

The guy has never said one positive thing on here ever. Absolute creep ?

• Like 1