BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

I was looking through the announced squads and see there’s quite a few ex Rovers going to the World Cup.

Steven N’Zonzi, Martin Olsson, Phil Jones, Mame Biram Diouf and Jamie Maclaren. Any others I’ve missed? 

The Zonz, Jones and Olsson have been some of my favourite players that we’ve had in the past 10 years or so. Really hope they get some game time and have a good World Cup.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

For those who didn't click;

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Tripper       Henderson         Rose

Lingard   Sterling    Alli

Kane

I can justify Rashford being sub. He won't complain, and will cause havoc when he comes on. I didn't see the friendlies so don't know how England played with only one holding midfielder. My impression was that England would play with 2 covering the back 3, with Dier being in for another attacker.

My worry in that team is Trippier. Could Lingard do Trippier's job, and have Dier in there too?

We don’t need two holding midfielders against Tunisia and Panama.

Let’s go for it. Shackles off.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2018 at 22:58, chaddyrovers said:

My team would be

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Tripper  Lingard  Dier  Ali  Rose

Kane Sterling

Tough on Rashford but its really good to see so much competition for places. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tripper deffo does not worry me one bit. Dont see why ppl are so negative. 

I agree with the team 100 percent. Very tough on.Rashford but that football

Even though you said the other day that youd pick Dier over Henderson?

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's an exceptionally negative line up for me. Essentially you've got 5 defenders, 3 midfielders, Sterling who half the time couldn't hit a the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo and Kane.

If that's the line up then for me Southgate is guilty of overthinking it way too much.  I would also have Rashford in ahead of Sterling who I expect to be a massive flop yet again.

Guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating as always.

• Like 1

Really? The opposite to me!

I see it as two advanced wing backs, one holding mid and three quality, positive number 10s (perhaps Sterling is a striker).

I wouldn’t expect Lingard and Alli to be in the same team against Belgium, for example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even though you said the other day that youd pick Dier over Henderson?

Thought it was Dier in not henderson. My fault..

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

That's an exceptionally negative line up for me. Essentially you've got 5 defenders, 3 midfielders, Sterling who half the time couldn't hit a the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo and Kane.

If that's the line up then for me Southgate is guilty of overthinking it way too much.  I would also have Rashford in ahead of Sterling who I expect to be a massive flop yet again.

I see it has a good attacking line up. 2 attacking wing backs, 1 holding midfielder, 3 attacking midfielder and 1 striker..

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The time to Greece 04 would have been back when we had a decent defence.

Though, that's the type of team, formation and tactics England should be striving for in the future as we become ever increasing 'minnows with half a chance'.

Edited by Husky

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why ? Sterling has been outstanding for City this past season. His game has developed and matured and he's twice the player who pulled on an England shirt in the last tournament. And he's scoring goals. Rashford has promise but he's very raw. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Husky said:

The time to Greece 04 would have been back when we had a decent defence.

Though, that's the type of team, formation and tactics England should be striving for in the future as we become ever increasing 'minnows with half a chance'.

You mean portugal 04

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you look at the seasons theyve both had, in terms of actual output, comparing 2 incredibly promising talents, youve got 1 who is delivering regularly and one who for whatever reason has yet to fully show his raw talent into consistent goals and assists.

Well one has only turned 20 the other is 23..in time rashford will be a world beater..if he leaves utd

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why ? Sterling has been outstanding for City this past season. His game has developed and matured and he's twice the player who pulled on an England shirt in the last tournament. And he's scoring goals. Rashford has promise but he's very raw. 

As daft as it sounds for someone who has just scored twenty odd goals I think Sterling is a poor finisher and I don't expect him to impress taken out of an exceptional City side that scored over a hundred goals and which created almost unlimited chances for him. I think Sterling is vastly over-rated as a player but of course he could prove me completely wrong.

I'd take Rashford alongside Kane ahead of Sterling, but arguably I think I'd rather even more  be going with Vardy and Kane up top for the first two group games gainst  weaker opposition and not overload the pitch with defenders masquerading under the fancy name of iadvanced wing backs.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

As daft as it sounds for someone who has just scored twenty odd goals I think Sterling is a poor finisher and I don't expect him to impress taken out of an exceptional City side that scored over a hundred goals and which created almost unlimited chances for him. I think Sterling is vastly over-rated as a player but of course he could prove me completely wrong.

I'd take Rashford alongside Kane ahead of Sterling, but arguably I think I'd rather even more  be going with Vardy and Kane up top for the first two group games gainst  weaker opposition and not overload the pitch with defenders masquerading under the fancy name of iadvanced wing backs.

I've made a point of watching City alot this season (because they're so easy on the eye) and Sterling's been the best player on alot of occasions and the catalyst for much of their best play. Players have been feeding off him, not the other way round. He does miss chances but scores (and creates) many too. He would probably be my first pick for an England XI.

I'd have Vardy and Kane up front. It's just a pity that Shelvey, the best passer of a ball in the Premier League - who has the eye and ability to hit an early pass for Vardy's runs, isn't in the squad. A mistake by Southgate in my view. 

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I've made a point of watching City alot this season (because they're so easy on the eye) and Sterling's been the best player on alot of occasions and the catalyst for much of their best play. Players have been feeding off him, not the other way round. He does miss chances but scores (and creates) many too. He would probably be my first pick for an England XI.

I'd have Vardy and Kane up front. It's just a pity that Shelvey, the best passer of a ball in the Premier League - who has the eye and ability to hit an early pass for Vardy's runs, isn't in the squad. A mistake by Southgate in my view. 

I agree about Shelvey, I think we're badly lacking someone who can pick a pass in midfield. I'd have taken him or gambled on Wilshere's fitness as opposed to taking so many full backs or Delph.

And here’s a bit of fun for everyone.....

World Cup Players Emoji Challenge.

1.??????
2.?‼️
3.&?in????
4.?️??‍♂?‍♀???
5.?ny ?
6.???
7.?
8.???
9.???
10.????
11.???
12.??☘☢
13.??
14.✝???ik☀
15.????
16.???????
17.??‍♂??️??
18.?‍♂??‍♂?⛷
19.???
20.????????
21.??????
22.?is ??
23.?????
24.?????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roverandout said:

You mean portugal 04

No I meant Greece. They won it in 04. They actually beat Portugal twice (including in the final).

2004 holds a special place in my heart as I distinctly remember saying "B****cks!" after drawing Greece in the Euro Sweepstake. . . plus such things as Germany not making it out of their group. Again it was the usual tragic failure for England with another who? moment - does anyone remember Darius Vassel?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Garage Flower said:

Cannot believe people are doubting Sterling’s place in the starting 11. After Kane I can’t think of anyone more deserving of their starting place. 

Couldn’t agree more. Fair enough, his finishing probably could improve, but his numbers are way better than Rashford’s and before anyone says ‘but Rashford plays out wide a lot of the time’, so does Sterling. Don’t get me wrong, I love Rashford and they should both be starting, but since Sterling was scapegoated a couple of years ago, people just don’t ever seem to take to him. (Even when there were loads of other players that were truly hideous at the last Euros). 

It’s a funny old game.

• Like 2

24 is ilkay gundagon

20 is Angel di maria

3 andreis iniesta

15. Kesuki honda

10. Luka modric

6. Lionel messi

2. Neymar

1. Antoine griezman

13. Sadio mane

17  Simon ???