BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

11 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

One of those games you never want to end , actually that's a lie want Spain to score another couple more before FT and Ronaldo to be in tears at the end and throw a hissy fit

Actually I’m hoping Spain are knocked off their perch. They are the Stephen Hendrie of world football.

Masterpiece by Cristiano.....

BTW, even if my own team does something unsportsmanlike, it bothers me. I've been supportive of Spain in the past, Ramos is but one person, so I don't want to be having sour grapes. It kind of bothers me. That's all I'm saying.

Getting rewarded a contentious penalty and rare goalkeeping errors (in this case) hardly hurts. The third goal yes it was a decent free kick like Russia's was only as recently as yesterday. A lot of people on both sides played well it's a shame that the game itself isn't getting the headlines first and foremost.

An argument that will go on for many years.

IMO Messi is technically the best footballer to ever play the game, but CR7 is so... cinematic. Pure drive, passion, and big moments.

Can tell the grandkids we saw him on the same pitch as Keith Andrews.

• Backroom

People can love or hate Ronaldo, but he really is some footballer. He drags Portugal up two or three levels purely by himself. As soon as they got that free kick at the end you knew exactly what was coming. They'll instantly become a much worse team the second he retires from international football. 

There will be parties in the streets of Iran tonight!

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

An argument that will go on for many years.

IMO Messi is technically the best footballer to ever play the game, but CR7 is so... cinematic. Pure drive, passion, and big moments.

Can tell the grandkids we saw him on the same pitch as Keith Andrews.

In other words you think Ronaldo's better looking. Not sure why that should be part of the assessment. He's a spotlight hogger though Tv channels don't help by seemingly having a contractual obligation to show closeups of the egomaniac every 2 minutes. His football isn't forced but his mugging for the cameras is.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, roverandout said:

When spain play like this theres no point in anyone else turning up...how can england ever compete with a technically brilliant team like spain?

Play like Portugal?

And sign Ronaldo.

• Like 1

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

In other words you think Ronaldo's better looking. Not sure why that should be part of the assessment. He's a spotlight hogger though Tv channels don't help by seemingly having a contractual obligation to show closeups of the egomaniac every 2 minutes.

In psychology, they call this “projection”.

• Like 1

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

In other words you think Ronaldo's better looking. Not sure why that should be part of the assessment. He's a spotlight hogger though Tv channels don't help by seemingly having a contractual obligation to show closeups of the egomaniac every 2 minutes.

Lighten up for once F**k me. That was the best game of football I've watched as a neutral in a long time. Ronaldo is what he is, but what he is, is a big game player and he will without doubt go down as one of the greats. We won't ever have 2 players like him and Messi playing at the same time again in our lifetime so savour it. Unbelievable Jeff

• Like 5

In the age of information overload it's a debate that does very little for me anyway. Whether one is slightly better or not (I know which one gets my vote and he's playing tomorrow) teams don't seem to suffer either way. Messi's less insufferable as well so even if he was a marginally "lesser" player would still have preference for him.