BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

young shouldnt have been in team and sterling somehow looks a pub player at interntational level. Kane anonymous but fair play he puts away his chances - shame some of the rest cant.

Side note - Walker in a back three makes me feel the same as Williams (they look a little similar too)

Edited by JacknOry

It looked like England was going to run them off the pitch, Tunisia got that penalty break, to their credit, England battled for the go-ahead goal right until nearly the end.

And they sure were starting to look desperate in places in the last 20 minutes or so.

Edited by Audax
  • Like 1

Well that was one seriously WEIRD game.

England get 8 gimme chances which Premier League footballers bury at least 80% of the time. Two fell to Kane= two goals

6 fell to other players = 3 air shots, 2 horrible misses, 1 scramble

Plus other decent chances spurned.

What did we learn?

Sterling confirmed his supporters wrong and critics right.

England are pedestrian with little imagination or killer balls in them.

Tunisia (yes TUNISIA) defence EASILY bullied us off the ball in the final third and kept their formation 

Ali ???

Young showed why he doesn't start too much for the Mancs

Lingard busy to not much avail.

Start Loftus-Cheek and Rashford against Panama because were going to need 6 to top the group with a draw against Belgium.  

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2

Walker's always got a mistake in him. I don't rate Young as a left back. Trippier was excellent, never made a mistake all night.

Linguard was poor in front of goal, Alli started great but went quiet. Sterling is clueless, he dribbles when he comes to a pair of feet, too much head down. Rashford should start next time. Kane had two touches and won us the game, one a really good headed finish. At that point in the game it's easy to panic, he didn't. I couldn't believe how he got that amount of room, before that they were all over him like a cheap suit. Henderson was ok. The goalie  only touched the ball once.

Did the referee have his eyes painted on ? VAR is a joke. If Tunisia ever start a rugby league team there were a couple of good recruits out there.

Play like we did in the first 20 minutes and we'll be a threat. Play like we did in the second half and we'll go out in the first knock out game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Ali the man in adverts alongside Messi like he is some big thing...major disappointment at international level yet again. Sterling another - pundits hyping him up as our Hazard that will cause mayhem in their penalty area with his runs. I didnt see anything different from his performances in the Euros.

Its going to follow a similar story unless we buck our ideas up. Belgium will trounce us and im not even confident we will breeze past Panama like they did.

You watch Belgium destroy Tunisia and us draw with Panama.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Ali the man in adverts alongside Messi like he is some big thing...major disappointment at international level yet again. Sterling another - pundits hyping him up as our Hazard that will cause mayhem in their penalty area with his runs. I didnt see anything different from his performances in the Euros.

Its going to follow a similar story unless we buck our ideas up. Belgium will trounce us and im not even confident we will breeze past Panama like they did.

You watch Belgium destroy Tunisia and us draw with Panama.

We will slaughter panama..theyre crap..when we beat them..we are through

Just now, roverandout said:

We won for fecks sake..be happy..some miserable barstewards on here..tunisia are the highest ranked team in africa

Africa - the great footballing continent that has produced how many major tournament winners?

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

Africa - the great footballing continent that has produced how many major tournament winners?

We’ll top this group, I think we’ll at least get to the quarters then it’s anyones game!

• Like 1

• Backroom

tunisia are the highest ranked team in africa

For wrestling maybe. It surely can't be football based on that display. Absolute joke of a team and I was delighted to see them crying at the end. They should be ashamed of coming to the World Cup and playing in such a negative, cynical, boring fashion. You might only get one shot, have a go for goodness sake, don't spend the match falling over (special mention to the Tunisian who fell over after the ball was kicked at his midriff), wasting time, hitting Rock Bottom's on opponents in the penalty area and just generally being a nasty, dirty team. It's no way to make a reputation.

For the record I have no problem with playing tough, but Tunisia tonight were disgraceful and were very lucky the ref seemed to be either blind or bent. 

• Like 5

Some of the Refs decisions against us were disturbingly bad or just plain dodgy.

Collina needs to come out and clarify why under the eyes of VAR wrestling is ok by players during a game. 

Tunisia challenged the Ref on every single decision he gave against them. I hope they go home pointless.

England play quite well first half but did not cope with Tunisia going even more defensive second half.

Having said that we should have had the game won by half time. Too many chances missed.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bold prediction. How do you see that panning out?

Well we are as good as through if we beat Panama, and i would fancy our chances against Colombia or Poland (or Senegal / Japan) 

Of course in the quarter finals there is the potential of a Brazil or Germany but neither may make it that far themselves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blow-in said:

You should have know better, he's a flat track bully he will score against the likes of Panama but will disappear after the group stages when they are playing the likes of Germany or Spain.

I once scored a century against a girls team. Go me! ??

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, philipl said:

Well that was one seriously WEIRD game.

England get 8 gimme chances which Premier League footballers bury at least 80% of the time. Two fell to Kane= two goals

6 fell to other players = 3 air shots, 2 horrible misses, 1 scramble

Plus other decent chances spurned.

What did we learn?

Sterling confirmed his supporters wrong and critics right.

England are pedestrian with little imagination or killer balls in them.

Tunisia (yes TUNISIA) defence EASILY bullied us off the ball in the final third and kept their formation 

Ali ???

Young showed why he doesn't start too much for the Mancs

Lingard busy to not much avail.

Start Loftus-Cheek and Rashford against Panama because were going to need 6 to top the group with a draw against Belgium.  

I've just come on the board and, Philip, you've said it all for me. Spot on.

Still, I'm over the moon that we won. We just had to win that first match.

Just now, bazza said:

I've just come on the board and, Philip, you've said it all for me. Spot on.

Still, I'm over the moon that we won. We just had to win that first match.

I agree with what he has said too mostly but after we beat panama im not too bothered about the belgium result as we will have likely qualified by then and im not at all scared of colombia or poland 

• Like 3

I agree with what he has said too mostly but after we beat panama im not too bothered about the belgium result as we will have likely qualified by then and im not at all scared of colombia or poland 

I was concerned with the way being on the receiving end of some really bad refereeing decisions seemed blow us off course. We lost our way almost completely for the rest of the game. We ended up playing walking football. 

The ref was a disgrace..walker wasnt even watching the forward..their constant play acting was despicable..their roughhouse treatment of kane was disgusting..loved watching them cry at the end..we will play against more open teams at this tournament where our pace will come to the fore..tunisia are a joke.

• Backroom

I’ve got to say I almost prefer the days we aren’t playing in these group stages, it’s great to relax and watch two random countries either hoping to see the big boys perform or see an upset.

Love the group stages but will also love the knock outs if we are looking like doing the business.

3 more games tomorrow to enjoy, bring it on.

• Like 3