BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

14 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

What is with all the hatred of Argentina? Is it really down to Maradona's hand of God? If it is its pretty pathetic. Ireland were eliminated from a World Cup by a handball by Henry for France, I was upset with the player for a while, but to hate an entire nation for 30 years. I honestly don't know what to say. I also at no stage felt that it diminished his quality as a player.

Also, Maradona was caught using cocaine, a recreation drug so "drug cheat" is a load of @#/? and smacks of sore loser syndrome. The number of comments on here about Argentina and Germany over the last two weeks have done this site no credit, we should be bigger then this. A laugh at one of your big rivals losing is fine but there have been some really nasty stuff. Being Irish I like to see my team beat England (whats seldom is wonderful), but I would not sit and listen quietly to one of my friends talking about "disgusting English" I would tell them to grow up.

I would research the 1994 world cup then revise that nonsense.

Just now, Husky said:

I would research the 1994 world cup then revise that nonsense.

I thought it was commonly agreed he had used a cocktail of stuff to lose two stone before the world cup but its a fair point. Wish I knew what he used as I could do with losing a bit myself.

Edited by Blow-in
said game instead of world cup

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

What is with all the hatred of Argentina? Is it really down to Maradona's hand of God? If it is its pretty pathetic. Ireland were eliminated from a World Cup by a handball by Henry for France, I was upset with the player for a while, but to hate an entire nation for 30 years. I honestly don't know what to say. I also at no stage felt that it diminished his quality as a player.

Also, Maradona was caught using cocaine, a recreation drug so "drug cheat" is a load of @#/? and smacks of sore loser syndrome. The number of comments on here about Argentina and Germany over the last two weeks have done this site no credit, we should be bigger then this. A laugh at one of your big rivals losing is fine but there have been some really nasty stuff. Being Irish I like to see my team beat England (whats seldom is wonderful), but I would not sit and listen quietly to one of my friends talking about "disgusting English" I would tell them to grow up.

I'm pretty sure warfare in the Falklands are behind it... much the same as in the war vs Germany.

Just now, Mike E said:

I'm pretty sure warfare in the Falklands are behind it... much the same as in the war vs Germany.

Again, l don't listen to Irish people going on about the troubles either, you got to move on, no?

• Backroom
Just now, Blow-in said:

Again, l don't listen to Irish people going on about the troubles either, you got to move on, no?

To a degree but the concept of 'the auld enemy' suits England for some reason.

And in fairness, if you do talk to Irish about the troubles it can get very heated very quickly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Because they rely on one player..great attack..poor everywhere else yet people always tip them for every world cup even though they have never been good enough