BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Just now, roverandout said:

Home advantage...maradonna..even the argies admitted that without him they wouldnt have won it

What is wrong with having the best player in the world? How does that diminish the value of winning a tournament?

• Like 1

Just now, Blow-in said:

What is wrong with having the best player in the world? How does that diminish the value of winning a tournament?

Also England won the world cup at home, it hardly diminishes the achievement.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Tough on Nigeria, who didn't deserve to go out. Worst sight of the World Cup so far was Maradona making gestures to some people near him after the winning goal. 

I would like to join the general consensus in agreeing that it would be very pleasant to see Argentina get stuffed in the next round

They did deserve to go out Jim as far as I'm concerned anyway. Any team that tries to defend the way they did once they'd got the equaliser doesn't deserve any sympathy. They stopped doing what had got them right back into the game and just played really negatively.

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Pleased to see them progress. Don't understand the irrational hatred of Argentina. I want to see the greatest player of all time perform and create moments to remember.

Would be lovely to see him match Maradona by single handedly winning a wold cup by himself. Also who do you want to watch play France Nigeria or Iceland or Argentina though I fear I already know the answer to that.

• Backroom
Just now, Blow-in said:

Would be lovely to see him match Maradona by single handedly winning a wold cup by himself. Also who do you want to watch play France Nigeria or Iceland or Argentina though I fear I already know the answer to that.

Personally, Iceland.

Because sick of england looking impressive and people talking the team down and yet the argies and germans scabbing their way out the group..you just know it will be a germany argentina final..cant stand either side..blow in my grandparents are irish so its nothing to do with racism

Just now, Mike E said:

Personally, Iceland.

You must be the only person outside of Iceland who would have wanted to see Iceland progress. It's been a World Cup of fantastic attacking football, the last thing it needed was Iceland going through playing anti football with 10 men behind the ball for the majority of the game. I'm personally delighted to them and their style of football where it belongs, out of the World Cup.

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Because sick of england looking impressive and people talking the team down and yet the argies and germans scabbing their way out the group..you just know it will be a germany argentina final..cant stand either side..blow in my grandparents are irish so its nothing to do with racism

Then you should be careful how you phrase things. For what its worth Argentina are as good as gone, literally any team in the last 16 will put them to the sword unless there is a marked improvement. For what its worth I think you are stuck with Germany till the semis

Edited by Blow-in
How many times can I fit the words for what its worth??

Just now, Blow-in said:

Really don't enjoy watching the likes of Iceland play. Sticking everyone behind the ball. Admire the spirit, passion and determination but it's not great to watch

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Really don't enjoy watching the likes of Iceland play. Sticking everyone behind the ball. Admire the spirit, passion and determination but it's not great to watch

1 team in the competition is nice to see, but it gets old fast.

• Backroom
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You must be the only person outside of Iceland who would have wanted to see Iceland progress. It's been a World Cup of fantastic attacking football, the last thing it needed was Iceland going through playing anti football with 10 men behind the ball for the majority of the game. I'm personally delighted to them and their style of football where it belongs, out of the World Cup.

For the football: None of them.

For the romance: Iceland (fave holiday place) or Nigeria (keep Africa involved).

• Moderation Lead

Lads and lasses. Just had to hide a number of posts and deal out some action to some pretty poor things said tbh.

Just a reminder, can we not swear or bypass the swear filter please?

P.S- The moderating team also have lives and can’t be on here 24/7. I went to my folks’ for tea and to watch the footy so wasn’t able to get on here for a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They did deserve to go out Jim as far as I'm concerned anyway. Any team that tries to defend the way they did once they'd got the equaliser doesn't deserve any sympathy. They stopped doing what had got them right back into the game and just played really negatively.

A draw would have seen them through - I don't blame them for that.  Most teams would have done the same - including Argentina. 

Just now, Husky said:

Only Senegal left now. Or it'll be +18 (lol) + another 4 more years before Great Predictor Pele can claim his prize.

for reference and context

Pele's predictions, always good for a laugh.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2009/06/23/1338375/top-10-wrong-pele-predictions

17 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I agree with all that, Argentina have been terrible. Mascharano is a complete liability. France will beat them even if they dont get out of second gear. 

The thing with Mascherano is that he hasn't played that position in club football for about 7 years & he doesn't have the legs to play in there now. He should be playing in his best position which is centre back & if he did he would be Argentina's best centre back. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A really exciting game and pleased Messi will have more game(s) at this WC. His goal a joy to watch.

The technique involved to score that goal was amazing. To cushion that long ball and still direct it into his stride whilst on the move was jaw dropping . The the little touch to get it into position for the shot, head down over the balluntil contact was made with the ball. An object lesson for any kids watching.

Great pass from the midfield player also.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Pele's predictions, always good for a laugh.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2009/06/23/1338375/top-10-wrong-pele-predictions

The thing with Mascherano is that he hasn't played that position in club football for about 7 years & he doesn't have the legs to play in there now. He should be playing in his best position which is centre back & if he did he would be Argentina's best centre back. 

Thats like being the worlds tallest dwarf. A tall dwarf i grant you but still not tall enough to be an owner occupier of an enchanted beanstalk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blow-in said:

Thats like being the worlds tallest dwarf. A tall dwarf i grant you but still not tall enough to be an owner occupier of an enchanted beanstalk.

Disgraceful height discrimination , the word is vertically challenged, and what is to say a slightly less vertically challenged person can not rise to be the owner occupier of the enchanted beanstoke* :) 

*That is if an Argentinian vertically challenged person has not just got there and tried to claim it as their own

• Like 3