BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Should have gone to a proper club in a competitive league instead of following the money in a one team league.

Agree completely needs to get a move away from PSG. No doubt Madrid will be circling soon. Would prefer embappe to neymar ever day of the week and twice on Sundays 

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The press need something to batter England for, this is the latest overblown reaction. It's ridiculous. It's also par for the course on here that people moan and groan. Southgate did what he saw best for the team. As has been said, if he played Kane and then Kane picked up an injury it would have been a much worse outcome. 

Professional athletes want to win. Those lads playing on Thursday want more game time so wanted to impress. There has been endless debate on Rashford v. Sterling. I don't think that Rashford did enough to warrant a start. It would have been in his best interest to run rings around Belgium and have scored 2 giving Southgate a real headache. As it was he ran up a lot of blind alleys and missed an absolute sitter.

England were through after 2 games therefore Southgate was preparing for the next round. I doubt that he thought "ooh, I'll lose this one so we may get an easier quarter final opponent."  He will take it 1 game at a time. I think that England are the only team to use all 20 outfield players. That experience is invaluable.

Quite right. Firstly theres the assumption that weve gone out to purposely lose, which is for me total rubbish. Imagine Southgate telling 11 professional footballers to do that. Also, the lack of passion line is one that people seemingly always go to first, for me it was a lack of quality from our squad players cobbled together.

Dont think Sterling is the same player for England (hardly surprising) in particular in front of goal but his link play with Alli and Lingard is key and something Rashford doesnt offer.

Meanwhile, what a game weve been treated to there. Best game ive seen in some time. Shame for Messi to be surrounded by so many rubbish players, and in a couple of cases, horrible people. France have gone up quite a few gears.

• Like 1

France - Argentina was a great game. 

Sampaoli should have been fired after their 2nd game. It's definite now. As has been said, he has some real attacking talent at his disposal yet plays no name Argentine league players ahead of quality goal scorers.

Otamendi needs a long ban. For the 2nd time this tournament he booted a ball at a player lying on the ground. Clown.

I'm certainly not saying Uruguay will lose today, I see it as close or even and apparently, most here think Uruguay is the better team but if they lose, that's 2 South American sides out, 2 out of 4.  That seems like it would be a bit rough.

Watch Japan surprise Belgium like they surprised Colombia and England defeat Colombia. That would really be something if the Red Devils lost. I will be for Belgium but Japan is a bit of a wildcard. They aren't there for nothing.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This french side was supposed to be poor..great game.

As for the Russian Hooligans I think Putin has probably advertised the fact to them that there are rooms available at Camp Gulag, Sunny Siberia! :o

The FSB did go round all the hooligans' homes and told them to stay at home or else.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This french side was supposed to be poor..great game.

As for the Russian Hooligans I think Putin has probably advertised the fact to them that there are rooms available at Camp Gulag, Sunny Siberia! :o

Do you work for the BBC?

It was mentioned the other day about Japan at the end of the Poland/Japan match and they were just passing it around. From my understanding, Japan went through on "fair play" points, fewer yellow cards than Senegal....that's why they did it.

53 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

A fella I watched the game with had a stopwatch on him. In the second half the ball was only in play for 25 minutes and 52 seconds. Makes no sense to me why fifa don't get a grip of this and stop the clock whilst the ball is dead

Because games would last over 3 hours.

You get to play for as long as the opposition.

At the end of the day, all that separated France and Argentina was a goalkeeping error.

How about that Uruguay goal? - That must go down as the cheekiest goal the World Cup has ever seen.

Give me a job.

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

A fella I watched the game with had a stopwatch on him. In the second half the ball was only in play for 25 minutes and 52 seconds. Makes no sense to me why fifa don't get a grip of this and stop the clock whilst the ball is dead

Your friend sounds a barrel of laughs! :lol: or maybe you watched the match with RFW? :o 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 4