BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

7 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

“Ethnic Albanian” but from Kosovo I thought?

They make the team. 

I agree it would have been a fantastic squad, and they would be punching far above their weight still.

Maybe a little tension in the dressing room though.

I read up on Wikipedia and youre right - Xhaka, Behrami and Shakiri were all born in the the former yugoslavia. Plus the squad has a further six or so players  born in Croatia, Macedonia and Bosnia, so all ex Yugoslavs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There was a clear shirt pull on Griezman that should have resulted in a penalty. Amazingly VAR didn't see it as a clear and obvious error so it wasn't referred.

Agree on that but thought the referees in general have been pretty damn good. 

Curious as to offside rulings. If the "cough" linesman doesn't flag does Var monitor every instance or merely if it directly leads to a goal?

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Its been one of the best World Cups I have seen so how you can come up with an opinion like this without even watching hardly any of it is stupid. How can you expect others to respect your opinion on anything when you trot out crap like this?

Maybe Tony Mowbray has said its been a poor world cup?

• Like 1

This is the first World Cup since I retired. As a result of that I've seen 95% of the matches from start to finish. It's been a great competition so far. I go back as far as Chile in 1962 and this is heading to to be one of best ever if not the best. Great games that will live in the memory, great goals that will also live in the memory. The refs have got to get a lot of praise for this, they've been terrific. They've let the games flow and only got the cards out when absolutely necessary. A refreshing change from our league football when every serious challenge seems to bring a card and sendings off seem to happen about every third game.

All they need to do now is award post match yellow cards for simulation incidents like the one were Suarez went down holding his head after getting a knock in the middle of his back.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

57 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Curious as to offside rulings. If the "cough" linesman doesn't flag does Var monitor every instance or merely if it directly leads to a goal?

Only If it leads to a goal or penalty.

If it leads to a corner which leads to a goal then the attacking team benefits.  If it is borderline there's no real issue but I've seen a couple where the attacker was 3 feet off and the linesman played on. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If it leads to a corner which leads to a goal then the attacking team benefits.  If it is borderline there's no real issue but I've seen a couple where the attacker was 3 feet off and the linesman played on. 

Yep never seen as few offside decisions in games ..lucky if theres two a game !

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This is the first World Cup since I retired. As a result of that I've seen 95% of the matches from start to finish. It's been a great competition so far. I go back as far as Chile in 1962 and this is heading to to be one of best ever if not the best. Great games that will live in the memory, great goals that will also live in the memory. The refs have got to get a lot of praise for this, they've been terrific. They've let the games flow and only got the cards out when absolutely necessary. A refreshing change from our league football when every serious challenge seems to bring a card and sendings off seem to happen about every third game.

All they need to do now is award post match yellow cards for simulation incidents like the one were Suarez went down holding his head after getting a knock in the middle of his back.

This needs to be introduced to stamp out cheats like Suarez. Starting to wonder if he really is “a nasty piece of work but a great footballer” or if he’s just a nasty piece of work who creates time and space because other players don’t want to go near him!

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

Only if it leads to a goal or penalty.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Exactly Tyrone. I'm a season ticket holder at Coventry rugby, and even at the equivalent of league 1 last season some of the tackles were forceful. And it's going to be even harder with the Tongans coming in this coming season.

I used to be a season ticket holder at Rochdale Hornets until this season. I suspect we'll be playing you next season.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

You really can’t make statements like that after not watching any of the non-England games.

This World Cup has been a brilliant spectacle. There has only been a single 0-0 and that’s because both sides conspired to make it so.

But your first sentence is a load of rubbish as I have watched other games like Germany losing to South Korea and Mexico plus other games live and I will listed them just for you Stuart

Watched the opening game and enjoyed it. But didn't watched the rest Group A games as they weren't interesting enough. 

Watched Spain and Portugal game but not another game in this group B. 

In Group C watched the opening games. France and Australia game were boring and Denmark and Peru game were boring. the last game between France and Denmark game was embarrassing 

In Group D,  watched the Croatia and Argentina game and it was a great game but didn't any of the rest of games in this group. 

In Group E. watched Switzerland Serbia game which I enjoyed and Brazil Costa Rica game was boring and awful to watched. didn't see the rest of the games

In Group F watched every game in this group and enjoyed every game. 

In Group G watched every England game and Belgium 1st game which I thought was boring 

In Group H haven't watched a single game in this group I haven't. 

I have seen all the goals and yes I would say the world cup has been brilliant and the stadiums have been great to see and look at. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But your first sentence is a load of rubbish as I have watched other games like Germany losing to South Korea and Mexico plus other games live and I will listed them just for you Stuart

Watched the opening game and enjoyed it. But didn't watched the rest Group A games as they weren't interesting enough. 

Watched Spain and Portugal game but not another game in this group B. 

In Group C watched the opening games. France and Australia game were boring and Denmark and Peru game were boring. the last game between France and Denmark game was embarrassing 

In Group D,  watched the Croatia and Argentina game and it was a great game but didn't any of the rest of games in this group. 

In Group E. watched Switzerland Serbia game which I enjoyed and Brazil Costa Rica game was boring and awful to watched. didn't see the rest of the games

In Group F watched every game in this group and enjoyed every game. 

In Group G watched every England game and Belgium 1st game which I thought was boring 

In Group H haven't watched a single game in this group I haven't. 

I have seen all the goals and yes I would say the world cup has been brilliant and the stadiums have been great to see and look at. 

So most of the games you have enjoyed yet you arent interested?

The World Cup is always exciting when it comes around and this time it has been brilliant. Quite surprised youll happily watch some of the crap on offer in League 1 but turn your nose up at the World Cup.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So most of the games you have enjoyed yet you arent interested?

The World Cup is always exciting when it comes around and this time it has been brilliant. Quite surprised youll happily watch some of the crap on offer in League 1 but turn your nose up at the World Cup.

I enjoyed some of the games Ive watched listened. 

when the world cup games have been on I'm either working as I worked nights or asleep after night shift or travelling to work. I can watched some games at work via my phone but Cant all the time. 

30 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

It's gone from boring to brilliant in less than a page! 

I should have added more context to my previous comments

some of the games have been boring and not interested for a neutral fan.

When I said brilliant I meant in terms of the atmosphere of the games, no trouble or racism chanting as I expect and the stadiums look brilliant and Russia as a country deserves credit for the stadium and the fact they has been no trouble or racism  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I should have added more context to my previous comments

some of the games have been boring and not interested for a neutral fan.

When I said brilliant I meant in terms of the atmosphere of the games, no trouble or racism chanting as I expect and the stadiums look brilliant and Russia as a country deserves credit for the stadium and the fact they has been no trouble or racism  

Fair enough but I think it's been the best World Cup for as long as I remember and I've watched nearly every match. 

• Backroom

Honestly it’s been amazing, From the start up until now I’ve loved it.

The only lowlights being the France 0-0, the Japan farce and the England Belgium game. 

It will stay long in the memory this one, imagine if it’s the one we finally win as well, the beauty of it is there’s no obvious candidate and 5-6 teams are all in with a shout

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Exactly why i wondered - a few that i started to wonder if i needed new glasses ?

I had this as a Spain certainty but Iniesta is the one player I would not drop.

A close to 100% pass completion rate is what Spain need to drain the energy of crowd and Russian team so Iniesta is dropped.

Just what Putin ordered...

• Like 1

With that one goal, even if it is an own-goal,  this game already seems to be over with.

Russia, like Canada, ice hockey powers. I wonder why it doesn't translate into better national football teams with that kind of a talent pool.

Edited by Audax

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Audax said:

With that one goal, even if it is an own-goal,  this game already seems to be over with.

Russia, like Canada, ice hockey powers. I wonder why it doesn't translate into better national football teams with that kind of a talent pool.

Not quite game over yet 

1-1

15 minutes ago, Audax said:

This seems a physically very strong Russia team. Iniesta was dropped for a reason.