BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Scuffing the penalty spot, a coach shoulder charging an opposition player (then proudly laughing to himself), multiple dives, complaining - they got exactly what they deserved. 

Nobody should care one jot about the performance. Everybody has looked poor in large patches. Any of you guys daring to dream yet?

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Gareth Southgate you lucky lucky man. No shot on target over 120 mins.

Still his gamble has now paid off so good luck to him. Having put all his eggs in one basket of going down this side of the draw it would be a massive failure now if we fail to reach the semi final.

Thereafter Croatia are a decent side so whilst it Wouldn't be failure to go out to them it would still be a massive disappointment to get so close and go out to a mid ranking sort of side.

It's on. Somehow.

Leave off Simon.

Southgate's doing a decent job with a very average set of players.

He's actually had them practising penalties - unlike many other much vaunted managers.

Guess what? We got through for the first time. 

• Like 9

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Gareth Southgate you lucky lucky man. No shot on target over 120 mins.

Still his gamble has now paid off so good luck to him. Having put all his eggs in one basket of going down this side of the draw it would be a massive failure now if we fail to reach the semi final.

Thereafter Croatia are a decent side so whilst it Wouldn't be failure to go out to them it would still be a massive disappointment to get so close and go out to a mid ranking sort of side.

It's on. Somehow.

I liked your post (I agree with most of it), but the bit in bold is pure, freshly distilled, utter bullshit.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

The worst way to go out, and Colombia earned it. A disgrace to the world cup. What's worse is that they were actually decent when they tried to play. A shame they rarely had any intention of doing so. Karma collected at the end. 

For being a bit aggressive? Criticising South Americans for hot Latin temperament you might as well criticise an albino for being bald. Sound like Wenger when he tried to pin it on the whole "bully boys" stereotype he partly started years later.

No comment on Trippier scoring the penalty. At least I admit choking on my own vomit would be a preference over seeing certain members of that squad win a WC medal.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

For being a bit aggressive? Criticising South Americans for hot Latin temperament you might as well criticise an albino for being bald. Sound like Wenger when he tried to pin it on the whole "bully boys" stereotype he partly started years later.

No comment on Trippier scoring the penalty. At least I admit choking on my own vomit would be a preference over seeing certain members of that squad win a WC medal.

Look at me. Look at me. I'm so controversial. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Bullshit.

They were nasty and tried every dirty trick in the book.

Got what they deserved - out. 

This. One of the most disgusting performances I've ever seen. Their bullying of an admittedly weak referee was reprehensible. As far as I'm concerned they go home in disgrace.

• Like 8

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Bullshit.

They were nasty and tried every dirty trick in the book.

Got what they deserved - out. 

Like x 1000

Set of skanky tossers. I'm overjoyed that they've tasted despair via the penalties. They deserved nothing. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Leave off Simon.

Southgate's doing a decent job with a very average set of players.

He's actually had them practising penalties - unlike many other much vaunted managers.

Guess what? We got through for the first time. 

Wouldnt call them average..some quality players in there and now with a good mentality

Just now, Doaksie said:

Scuffing the penalty spot, a coach shoulder charging an opposition player (then proudly laughing to himself), multiple dives, complaining - they got exactly what they deserved. 

Nobody should care one jot about the performance. Everybody has looked poor in large patches. Any of you guys daring to dream yet?

I’m dreaming to the extent that I think it every team plays to their potential we should get to the final. But in terms of winning I think all 4 teams in the other half of the draw will beat us.

Just now, Mike E said:

I liked your post (I agree with most of it), but the bit in bold is pure, freshly distilled, utter bullshit.

Why? He made a deliberate choice to avoid Brazil in the QF and took the risk of playing a  much harder last 16 tie. If you gave me the same choice again I still Wouldn't do it.

He got away with it just about but having gone down that route has to see the job through now

Just now, matt83 said:

I’m dreaming to the extent that I think it every team plays to their potential we should get to the final. But in terms of winning I think all 4 teams in the other half of the draw will beat us.

As long as we get to a final..who cares..though i would fancy our chances against uruguay

Just now, matt83 said:

Croatia played poorly against Denmark but if they play to their potential  then they have every chance of beating England. Might have to start both Henderson and Dier in that game can't afford Rakitic and Modric to dominate the ball and control the game 

3 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Temperament was never the issue - they are well trained in the art of cheating. Do you scuff penalty spots out of anger? Do you pinch Sterling in an attempt to see him flail some arms and then go plummeting to the ground out of anger? - NO. As for yet another Rugby tackle on Kane in the box (he must think we are playing a different sport). 

Did not even mention the subtle double headbutt that is a sending off in any other game and the fact they tried to bully the referee on every decision.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Well done England.

As I predicted earlier Harry scored. In fact he got two.:)

I also knew Henderson would miss his spot kick :(

When Dier showed for his penalty I cried.....but that was before he took it...

Southgate is a God and should be Knighted for producing an England team that can win a penalty shootout.

What the hell happens to Sterling with England? He was useless and so sadly were Lingard and Ali. They were out of their depth with what was going on around them.

Tripper should have jumped and cleared their goal.

Pickford played well and I doubted him before.

What a dirty bunch of xxxxs Colombia are. See Ya.

Almost 45% of all goals scored so far have been from set play or pens. We are good at BOTH.