BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Talking of arrogance..its not coming from england..its coming from those second rate ex sweden players plus mr quarter-final himself erricson.  Hope we hump the jumped up no-marks (and no thats not arrogance)

What Swedish arrogance? I saw Sven say dont underestimate Sweden but hardly arrogance. English fans have been singing its coming home all week planning our route to the final...

• Like 1

I think Uruguay will struggle up front tonight without Cavani, so can see this one going to penalties, especially if France fail to break through what is probably the strongest defence in the competition.

Cant wait for the Belgium v Brazil game later tonight though, as it promises to be an absolute cracker. Have to stay up til 5am to watch it, but think it will be worth it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What Swedish arrogance? I saw Sven say dont underestimate Sweden but hardly arrogance. English fans have been singing its coming home all week planning our route to the final...

He said england think too much of themselves and that sweden should win..other ex players saying england are rubbish

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He said england think too much of themselves and that sweden should win..other ex players saying england are rubbish

"Congratulations to England and Southgate. It was great to see England win a penalty shootout. Mentally, they were very, very strong. I'm very happy for them.

"I think England can go very far in this tournament. They have good players and they seem to be very organised.

"They have young, hungry players. You saw yesterday, they were the better team and won it."

When asked if he would be supporting England if they beat Sweden on Saturday, Eriksson replied: "Yes, absolutely. I still feel a little bit English!"

"England have the players individually to do something special. Kane is one of them, Sterling is another."

All direct quotes from Sven. Hardly arrogance or dismissive. Compared that to England fans constantly saying its coming home (including players like Lingard, Stones and Walker who I think have all tweeted or said it I think) and planning a route to the final (its natural, people are excited, im not having a go at England for it, im doing the same) and I think this Swedish arrogance and this global hatred of England is partially a figment of your imagination. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Congratulations to England and Southgate. It was great to see England win a penalty shootout. Mentally, they were very, very strong. I'm very happy for them.

"I think England can go very far in this tournament. They have good players and they seem to be very organised.

"They have young, hungry players. You saw yesterday, they were the better team and won it."

When asked if he would be supporting England if they beat Sweden on Saturday, Eriksson replied: "Yes, absolutely. I still feel a little bit English!"

"England have the players individually to do something special. Kane is one of them, Sterling is another."

All direct quotes from Sven. Hardly arrogance or dismissive. Compared that to England fans constantly saying its coming home (including players like Lingard, Stones and Walker who I think have all tweeted or said it I think) and planning a route to the final (its natural, people are excited, im not having a go at England for it, im doing the same) and I think this Swedish arrogance and this global hatred of England is partially a figment of your imagination. 

Well his quotes to the swedish media was very different

Suarez at times, looks so good.... I don't know how high he grades with people, of course, in the past, he has acted ugly but I mean aside from that, his skill level....Uruguay wilting some, team with a lot of heart.....France notoriously has a very sound defence traditionally and the Frenchman, Lloris made a great save earlier. Big problems for Uruguay.....

I don't expect Belgium to win today.... but I'd welcome it...

Uruguay, clean sporting play as far as I'm concerned,  I feel for the spirited little country.... France has a habit of defeating Brazil historically, if those two meet. I hope Belgium can win today. Some of the other South American/Latino teams would have acted pretty ugly in this match.

Does anyone think Belgium might defeat Brazil?

Edited by Audax

Always had a grudging respect for Uruguay having achieved so much on such a small population, but like most other South American sides they turn nasty when losing.

I thought France were garbage in the group stage against Australia and Denmark but with the personnel they have managed to win their group without impressing and are always going to be capable of getting to the final and winning it. I'd much prefer to see one of the others win it than the French though.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nobody to fear in this tournament!

France looking very efficient & have been impressive in the 2 knockouts games they showed against Argentina what they can do it you go toe to toe with them & today they showed against a side that like to sit back that they can beat you in a different way.