BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Uruguay without Cavani allowed France to play a few meters furher up the field than they would have done otherwise producing a routine win..

Brazil v Belgium was magnificent.

A mix of Belgium really are this good (fabulous defensive effort and what a player Hazard is) and Brazil really aren't as good as they had been hyped. Sticking with that as the game which decided the eventual winners although France v Belgium will be immense.

Croatia should have far too much for Russia to be able to handle and man for man England are stronger than Sweden in at least five positions, no worse in five other positions and decisively better in Kane. Yes Sweden can win, but if you played tonight's game ten times, England would win six, three would be draws and Sweden would win once.

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

Uruguay without Cavani allowed France to play a few meters furher up the field than they would have done otherwise producing a routine win..

Brazil v Belgium was magnificent.

A mix of Belgium really are this good (fabulous defensive effort and what a player Hazard is) and Brazil really aren't as good as they had been hyped. Sticking with that as the game which decided the eventual winners although France v Belgium will be immense.

Croatia should have far too much for Russia to be able to handle and man for man England are stronger than Sweden in at least five positions, no worse in five other positions and decisively better in Kane. Yes Sweden can win, but if you played tonight's game ten times, England would win six, three would be draws and Sweden would win once.

Fine analysis. I enjoyed that.

Big day today.

As a life long pessimist I really don’t know why I’m optimistic suddenly. Looking at it rationally we’re bang average, capable of losing to anyone. Even in this tournament scraped through vs Tunisia, beat a pub team, lost to Belgium reserves, beat a poor Columbia side without creating a chance in open play for 120 mins. Today playing a team we can’t beat. No logic to it but for some reason I’m confident.

By and large (until pretty much the venkys) I’ve always said I want my clubs whether it’s football or cricket to win more than international sides but I feel there’s something quite special happening here. I feel like that kid in 1990 again with his esso coin collection, sticker book and blind faith. 

Edited by matt83

Have to say Brazil going out makes the unthinkable even more plausible than before. Notwithstanding the fact Belgium beat Brazil I reckon you'd still far rather face them or France in the final than the multiple former winners.

Not keen on the rumours that Henderson will be replacing Dele Alli with Diet dropping into Henderson's slot though  We're bereft enough of creativity as it is.

Might not be a game for the neutral!

I think putting Dier in is pretty much the only option we have to make us more solid. Comes down to not actually have a very good squad unfortunately.

Shelvey could have done a job in that role. But its well off having the likes of Dembele to roll off the bench.

Edit - actually Delph could drop in too. He's back from the UK after his wife gave birth. Hunk I would prefer him to Dier in the midfield as he is much more mobile.

Edited by joey_big_nose

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Big day today.

As a life long pessimist I really don’t know why I’m optimistic suddenly. Looking at it rationally we’re bang average, capable of losing to anyone. Even in this tournament scraped through vs Tunisia, beat a pub team, lost to Belgium reserves, beat a poor Columbia side without creating a chance in open play for 120 mins. Today playing a team we can’t beat. No logic to it but for some reason I’m confident.

By and large (until pretty much the venkys) I’ve always said I want my clubs whether it’s football or cricket to win more than international sides but I feel there’s something quite special happening here. I feel like that kid in 1990 again with his esso coin collection, sticker book and blind faith. 

I wouldnt say we were average..we have quality players who havent clicked yet..as for the belgium game, we too had our reserves out...if we play like we did first half against panama, we'll win...as for club verses country i get far more excited about england at tournaments than i do rovers..sorry.

A few more stats from today's paper.

Regarding the supply to the tournaments top goalscorer. Kane has recieved 79 passes so far yet only 24 have come from Lingard, Alli and Sterling. Most of those have come when he's had his back to goal. Trippier has only made 3 passes to Kane and Young has made 4.

Dele Ali has given the ball away 23 times in the games he has played.

If we want to win today those stats will have to improve a lot.

27 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I wouldnt say we were average..we have quality players who havent clicked yet..as for the belgium game, we too had our reserves out...if we play like we did first half against panama, we'll win...as for club verses country i get far more excited about england at tournaments than i do rovers..sorry.

We looked good against Panama (for 20 minutes) because Panama were shit. We haven't played well yet against anything other than a pub side. Sweden will defend deep. Let's see if we have the ability to break them down. 

0-0 and penalties. 

9 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

We looked good against Panama (for 20 minutes) because Panama were shit. We haven't played well yet against anything other than a pub side. Sweden will defend deep. Let's see if we have the ability to break them down. 

0-0 and penalties. 

Hope so. Hope not.

:unsure: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

0-0 and penalties. 

We played well against tunisia and largely colombia..please stop with the negativity