BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Will you live to regret Sterling not squaring it to the unmarked top goal scorer in the world cup??

I must admit it doesn't look like it, Sweden look shambolic. The only thing going for them in this match was a solid defense but they look all over the place at the moment.

I think this is the best England have looked in the competition myself.

Are England making Sweden look bad? Are the Swedes overly nervous? Should anyone care? 

France, Belgium or Croatia is a different game. This is Sweden. And England are dominating. Enjoy it 

Edited by Doaksie
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Doaksie said:

Are England making Sweden look bad? Are the Swedes overly nervous? Should anyone care? 

Sweden are just an incredibly pedestrian team. No pace and no creativity. They've done very, very well to get this far but if we get another goal it's over. 

• Backroom

This is insane, concvinced we are winning this World Cup, it Brazil were still there I’d be nervous but I think this is ours 

• Like 1

Just now, AdamRochina said:

France and Belgium would tear this England side to bits tom calm down ?. Enjoy the ride though as we have gone past expectations

They've been incredibly lucky with the draw, they've got to the Semi's without playing a an elite team side. Despite the media hype this side is not a patch of the sides from 2002 & 2006. 

• Backroom
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

They've been incredibly lucky with the draw, they've got to the Semi's without playing a an elite team side. Despite the media hype this side is not a patch of the sides from 2002 & 2006. 

It doesn’t need to be though.

We can get to the final without playing any of the favoured teams and then over 90 minutes it’s anybodies game.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

France and Belgium would tear this England side to bits tom calm down ?. Enjoy the ride though as we have gone past expectations

Disagree, think we’d beat both 

Belgium are the giant killers this time, they got rid of Brazil. All of the other teams breathed a sigh of relief.

True, anything can happen....Germany's path to the 2002 world cup final was the easy way as well and if you look at who they played, it was. They lost the final but still got there.

I won't begrudge Belgium one bit if they win it all.

7 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Pre tournament a semi final exceeds expectations but from this draw final all the way. I agree Belgium and France are better but both will give up 3 chances (same as us to be fair). So IF get to the final put away our chances and they miss ours who knows. 

This World Cup has been one of the most exciting that I have seen but in terms of standard it has been a sad indictment for international football. Whoever wins out of Croatia and Russia looking at the 4 semi finalists and having seen every World Cup from 1962 I don't think any of them would have got near to winning previous tournaments. From 2002 the standard to me seems to have decreased with each world cup.

Edited by Ewood Ace

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

It doesn’t need to be though.

We can get to the final without playing any of the favoured teams and then over 90 minutes it’s anybodies game.

I never said that it did. I was merely pointing out that if you listened to the Fake News media they would have you believe that this is a great England team and that Southgate is a genius. Whereas the reality is that they have been lucky with the draw.

Edited by Ewood Ace