BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

4 hours ago, Gladwingone said:

Sterling is complete bobbins.

He hasn't done a thing except waste chances.

I have got more striker's instinct in my left ass cheek

As far as the remaining number 10's go. Put into the order of quality :-

Hazard

Mbappe

Modric

Sterling

How many did your right cheek get?

Edited by JacknOry

I think on paper overall - we shade it. But, as others have said, where they are strongest is possibly where we are the weakest. That said I think Henderson has had a great WC. We either have to back him up with Dier or someone else (which i dont agree with) or just go for it and hope that sterling finally has his 'shooting' (perhaps add a scope to that tattoo) boots on, Kane gets some chances and we capitalise on set-pieces.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

I think both semi-finals are pretty much 50:50, it's whoever shows up that will win, in both games.

Croatia have some superb players, but also realistic in that they have some that aren't as well. IMO our best opportunity is to be positive as I don't think we can do long defensive shifts without conceding, and we have some serious firepower going forward. 

I think we start unchanged (bar injuries), but Southgate needs a different plan if we see ourselves becoming overrun in midfield.

• Like 4

Interesting sub-plot to England/Croatia - following the victory against Russia, defender Vida and coach Vukojevic posted a video on social media stating ‘Glory to Ukraine’ and ‘this victory was for Dynamo and Ukraine’ (Vida is a former Dynamo Kyiv player). It has been seen as an indirect response to the illegal invasion and occupation of Ukraine by Russia and Russian-backed forces.

Vida received a fine while Vukojevic lost his job, and hundreds of thousands of people have given FIFA a 1star rating on facebook in protest. Russia Today’s Facebook feed responded by stating that England will suddenly gain thousands of supporters for the semi-final (despite the political fallout over the Novichok scandal).

England/Croatia could be a fiery match indeed...

Main change I would like to see is Rose for Young. Apart from one game V Beligium, Southgate hasnt really rotated at all. He also seems reluctant to make subs, usually bringing them on post 70 minutes. 

Think Rose gives us much more width than young which is important in this formation. 

I think their midfield is better than ours but I cant see Lovren coping that well with Kanes quality or the running of lingard and sterling. 

Think it will be a hard fought 1-0 or 2-1 England with us dominating the final 20 minutes and nicking a late goal after they tire following 2 extra times and penaltys. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Interesting sub-plot to England/Croatia - following the victory against Russia, defender Vida and coach Vukojevic posted a video on social media stating ‘Glory to Ukraine’ and ‘this victory was for Dynamo and Ukraine’ (Vida is a former Dynamo Kyiv player). It has been seen as an indirect response to the illegal invasion and occupation of Ukraine by Russia and Russian-backed forces.

Vida received a fine while Vukojevic lost his job, and hundreds of thousands of people have given FIFA a 1star rating on facebook in protest. Russia Today’s Facebook feed responded by stating that England will suddenly gain thousands of supporters for the semi-final (despite the political fallout over the Novichok scandal).

England/Croatia could be a fiery match indeed...

I did not know this and probably would not have known this. Thanks for sharing.  I do agree in a way with what they said, I also realise that as much as possible, one may want to avoid being "political"; as in also, those Switzerland players making the (double) eagle signals with their hands as that being symbolic of Albania..

https://112.international/sport/glory-to-ukraine-flashmob-in-support-of-croats-started-on-facebook-30079.html

Edited by Audax

The fitness-level of the Croatia-squad is very concerning, after two tough matches with ET and pens - at the end of the Russia match there were 4 players with fitness-concerns, including their GK. I think you guys will win it in the second half due to better fitness-level, as long as Southgate keeps his team playing aggressive and not lean back. Keep Modric out of the game somehow and you'll do fine. Good luck!

• Like 2

So France was the big nation I predicted to flop this year (they are actually the only one NOT to ha-ha). If we were to choose between them and Belgium for a final (should we make it of course) who would it be?

I personally would have to go for us against Belgium again (1st teams this time though).

Edited by JacknOry

I see FIFA and the usual skumbags are letting the touts take-over the competition as per usual.

Take a look at the prices for the semi-final . . .when I checked the cheapest one was over £500 and for the final it's shocking - the cheapest one was £1,900.

I suspect the vast majority of these touted tickets are ones that filthy FIFA lobbed to their football disliking corporate buddies.

I have an associate that has a flight to Moscow, but no ticket. It seems you have to be super rich or go bankrupt to witness history . . .I wonder how many people from Blackburn are over there.

Talk about the working man's game. It's a disgrace really.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So France was the big nation I predicted to flop this year (they are actually the only one NOT to ha-ha). If we were to choose between them and Belgium for a final (should we make it of course) who would it be?

I personally would have to go for us against Belgium again (1st teams this time though).

I'd take Belgium too. Fantastic forwards but we're setup to handle them better than Frances midfield.

Henderson, Alli and Lingard against Kante, Pogba and Matuidi. Gulp...

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I'd take Belgium too. Fantastic forwards but we're setup to handle them better than Frances midfield.

Mbappe and Griezman would be a lot for our back three to handle as well.

54 minutes ago, Husky said:

There are people suddenly interested now who a few years ago 'would not be seen dead' at a football match.

There is some Toff in London who has his cheap as chips £2k ticket and probably thinks its an absolute bargain.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Pogba sure. But in all honesty i dont think anyone outside kante is a huge step down. Matuidi is a water-carrier, ali has far better stats in the premier league in the last couple of seasons compared to pogba.  If it was an england france final then you would say that france would be 70-30 on but bigger shocks have happened

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Husky said:

I see FIFA and the usual skumbags are letting the touts take-over the competition as per usual.

Take a look at the prices for the semi-final . . .when I checked the cheapest one was over £500 and for the final it's shocking - the cheapest one was £1,900.

I suspect the vast majority of these touted tickets are ones that filthy FIFA lobbed to their football disliking corporate buddies.

I have an associate that has a flight to Moscow, but no ticket. It seems you have to be super rich or go bankrupt to witness history . . .I wonder how many people from Blackburn are over there.

There were tickets on sale via the FA at face value for every game so far. Only this game has sold out, and that was only on Monday.

Fifa still selling tickets on official site for tonight's game. Only cat 1 and 2 left and they start at around £450 each

Edited by Baz

48 minutes ago, Baz said:

There were tickets on sale via the FA at face value for every game so far. Only this game has sold out, and that was only on Monday.

Fifa still selling tickets on official site for tonight's game. Only cat 1 and 2 left and they start at around £450 each

I meant THE semi-final. Not that tin pot game that's on tonight ?

Also what the heck are FIFA doing with all those 'unsold' tickets? Are they gonna scalp those to touts too? If they can offer final tickets to the Thai kids that got trapped in the caves then they obviously still have some they are keeping from real fans (i.e. - those 2 countries that will make the final). The whole thing is all very Blatter.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Pogba sure. But in all honesty i dont think anyone outside kante is a huge step down. Matuidi is a water-carrier, ali has far better stats in the premier league in the last couple of seasons compared to pogba.  If it was an england france final then you would say that france would be 70-30 on but bigger shocks have happened

Matuidi is a great player, more than just a water carrier and would still get in the England team even if he was. 

• Like 2

Know someone who flew out this morning who is an England member and who has paid £215 and £270 for the semi final and final respectively.

If he needs an extra ticket for his wife for the final and they decide they want to pay that much he anticipates it will be about £400.

1 hour ago, Husky said:

I meant THE semi-final. Not that tin pot game that's on tonight ?

Also what the heck are FIFA doing with all those 'unsold' tickets? Are they gonna scalp those to touts too? If they can offer final tickets to the Thai kids that got trapped in the caves then they obviously still have some they are keeping from real fans (i.e. - those 2 countries that will make the final). The whole thing is all very Blatter.

They have been giving unsold tickets to local kids.

There's always loads of corporate tickets, I'd imagine that's where the Thai kids ones would come from, not that I can think of anyone who would begrudge them one to be honest - better than giving them the likes of Maradona.

Fantastic contest so far. 0-0 but it’s been end to end. Belgium have been really exposed at the back and if they didn’t have world class defenders I wouldn’t be surprised to see them a few goals down by now.

France looks the better team. Belgium are struggling to gel in this weird formation and a lot of their moves are breaking down as a result.