BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Just now, Husky said:

Those that actually watched the full game without any  distractions will see  we got nobbled by a poor Turkish ref in the end.

Nonsense. We were beaten by a far superior side. 

• Like 8

Hope for the future, I honestly didn't think i'd be saying that before the tournament started. 

On a side note, isn't it great to have a world cup not dominated by knuckle draggers?

Congrats to Russia on a great world cup, it;s been immense.

C'mon Croatia

• Like 1

Just now, wolfie said:

Hope for the future, I honestly didn't think i'd be saying that before the tournament started. 

On a side note, isn't it great to have a world cup not dominated by knuckle draggers?

Congrats to Russia on a great world cup, it;s been immense.

C'mon Croatia

Cant stand croatia.. come on france...hump em

• Backroom

Hard to take, the pride is back and that’s great long term but right now we’d started to believe and it’s a horrible bump to Earth 

Just now, Husky said:

Those that actually watched the full game without any  distractions will see  we got nobbled by a poor Turkish ref in the end.

With the aid of both linesmen.

We should have had 3 by half time. After that Croatia ran the show. Walker and Trippier fell apart after half time. Ali and Lingard are Academy softies, I actually dont know what their function is. Young showed his age. Not a creative bone in the team, played more hoofball than if Sam had been manager.

We will get a load of how heroic the youngsters are when actually they are bang average and got found out by a side that France will thrash.

Picford however had a great WC.

Cricket tomorrow TTFFT

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

With the aid of both linesmen.

We should have had 3 by half time. After that Croatia ran the show. Walker and Trippier fell apart after half time. Ali and Lingard are Academy softies, I actually dont know what their function is. Young showed his age. Not a creative bone in the team, played more hoofball than if Sam had been manager.

We will get a load of how heroic the youngsters are when actually they are bang average and got found out by a side that France will thrash.

Picford however had a great WC.

Cricket tomorrow TTFFT

Dont be silly far from bang average

Just now, roverandout said:

Dont be silly far from bang average

ok - very bang average. We got to the semi because of the route we got in, let's be honest. 

I wanted us to win and thought we would, we were not as good as Croatia an oldish team from a small country. 

The amount of hoofball we played was a disgrace.

• Like 2

• Backroom

A massive issue that we can't score from open play. The Kane/Alli/Lingard/Sterling front four doesn't really work. I'd be looking to tweak that quite significantly. Defensively we're not quite there either. A lot to work on before Euro 2020. 

Still, we've got a base to build from. We're far from the finished article and benefited from the luck of the draw. In most world cup years we wouldn't have been anywhere near a semi final. Getting there was more than we'd get most years, so that's something. And we won a penalty shootout. 

We need to see evolution for Euro 2020. There's something here but we aren't quite there at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Looking forward, the young ones will learn and grow. Still very strong defence, midfield yes including alli and lingard, and strikers like Kane. Really did think there was something divine and we were going to the final and smashing France 

could be the booze speaking now

There was. My internet connection dropped out for a bit and I missed the winning goal and have avoided seeing it. I will not watch highlights, it's a coping mechanism.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

A massive issue that we can't score from open play. The Kane/Alli/Lingard/Sterling front four doesn't really work. I'd be looking to tweak that quite significantly. Defensively we're not quite there either. A lot to work on before Euro 2020. 

Still, we've got a base to build from. We're far from the finished article and benefited from the luck of the draw. In most world cup years we wouldn't have been anywhere near a semi final. Getting there was more than we'd get most years, so that's something. And we won a penalty shootout. 

We need to see evolution for Euro 2020. There's something here but we aren't quite there at the moment. 

Playing those 4 gives you no balance in midfield. When you play against high quality opposition like Modric and Rakitic they will expose it.

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Very backhanded there, mate ?

I do think they play good football though ... ahlnd are fit as butchers dogs despite being oldish and from a small country. I like their red polka better than widow weed black. I want them to beat France but doubt it.