BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

• Backroom
Just now, AdamRochina said:

Goal of the tournament misses out russias few goals in the first game ..feel of them were amazing 

One of them was better than Lingards to be fair but they needed an England one there 

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

I understand your point in regards to its the application of VAR rather than VAR itself, but could you not argue that it is better in theory than it is in practice?

The time it takes and other minor points may be ironed out but even with VAR, these sort of issues will always exist in terms of how the human referee uses it, or how the human team in the room judge whether the referee should use it or not.

The fact that VAR is the main talking point in the first World Cup Final that it has been in use in suggests that surely its not usable. 

Very obvious it’s not perfect, has it even been a success? That’s up for debate; I think the parameters need tweaking at least but there’s potential.

As so many vehemently disagree about the penalty it’s clear and obvious that it’s not clear and obvious so shouldn’t have been given - but I still say I think it’s a handball, just the awkward way he swings a let and moves his arm towards it, he’s misjudged it and got it all wrong. 

Its clear though that I may need to study up on the rules!

Just now, Audax said:

For the record, I have it that the referee is Pitana, an Argentine. I would have thought he was from Scandinavia or something.

I was surprised he was appointed as he's been one of the very few poor refs in the tournament. I thought Mr.Kuipers or Mr.Faghani would have been given the final as for me they have been the two stand out refs.

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

VAR at its worst. It will be a travesty if Croatia are robbed because of that.

Will it?!

After Modric and their manager gobbing off about us - showing all the class of Paul Cook after a victory  - I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it. 

• Backroom

Sad that it’s come to this though you want a final where one or both teams shine, not debates over a decision

Bright start to the half 

Just now, Silas said:

Will it?!

After Modric and their manager gobbing off about us - showing all the class of Paul Cook after a victory  - I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it. 

You're easily upset. They thoroughly outplayed us and have thoroughly outplayed France. Good luck to them.

I couldn't care less what Modric might have said about us.

3 times in one half Croatia have been on the wrong end of poor decisions. Firstly a dive by Griezmann for the Free Kick, Pogba was offside for the first goal (why did VAR not do anything about that?) and then of course the penalty that never was. Anybody get the feeling the powers that be want France to win?

Just now, Audax said:

All that I heard Modric say is England didn't respect Croatia enough. One has to admit, some folks already had England winning the World Cup.... so, people have a right to be optimistic.

He should have kept his talk about the England team not the mindless masses. Very disrespectful from Modric.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Idiots on the pitch.

They won’t be smiling as much from the cell they end up in.

Croatia on the attack at the time. :rolleyes:

If I’m going to invade a pitch I’m not doing it in Russia in their showpiece final; to the dungeons with them!

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

He should have kept his talk about the England team not the mindless masses. Very disrespectful from Modric.

Particularly when he spent so much time in this country. 

And their manager waffling on about how we play long ball. Yeah, there was about 8 mins left and we were behind, what does he expect, plank. 

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You're easily upset. They thoroughly outplayed us and have thoroughly outplayed France. Good luck to them.

I couldn't care less what Modric might have said about us.

Who said I was upset? 

What a strange comment.  

• Backroom

MBAPPE 

Harsh On Croatia but that’s stunning; new superstar on the scene 

Best team of the tournament winning it, think the two best perhaps were in the other semi final 

Edited by Tom