BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

21 minutes ago, not exactly Scarface said:

The team reached a semi-final but somehow lost 3 games during the tournament.   Just seems bizarre in a sense.  

?

It was the first time in a major Championship since Euro 1988, when England were diabolical - even losing to an 'England B' side. ?

As for the World Cup it might have been for the first time ever. So you could take the 2018 World Cup and use facts to spin it any way you wanted to: A great tournament or a complete disaster.

One thing that's almost certain is that the WC draw will probably never open up like that again.  . . . My slant on the whole thing is that it was a big chance blown.

Edited by Husky

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 15:59, not exactly Scarface said:

The team reached a semi-final but somehow lost 3 games during the tournament.   Just seems bizarre in a sense.  

Shame in a sense it's over but it was far from the best tournament we've ever seen.    Too many big name nations out in the earliest stages and that VAR crap spoiled things considerably.  ?

Stretching it a bit. Every team who finishes 4th loses a bare minimum of two. One more in a dead rubber group stage match is inconsequential.

I thought it was a fantastic tournament. Largely because of big teams going out. 'Smaller' teams stepped up to the plate and showed the gap is closing. Lots of terrific goals too. Lots of drama. VAR only spoiled a few major decisions by somehow inexplicably getting them wrong with all the tools at their disposal. I'm glad it helped the right decision get made repeatedly though.

• Like 2

Regarding the U19 European Championships. England were outplayed and humiliated by France. FIVE-NIL! and so didn't make it out of the group.

So surely if England win these competitions and suddenly 'the future is bright' it should also work the other way around? So the future is now bleak? Or as I've said before, do these youth tournaments hardly mean anything as statistically most of them fall by the wayside and end up average players in the lower divisions?

Defending wise - they were simply appalling. It could definitely have been EIGHT or even TEN NIL.

Edited by Husky