BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Think that Trippier, Henderson and Lingard were outstanding again.

Henderson got so much stick pre tournament and it continues at times but hes critical to this formation. Hes disciplined yet his passing range is progressive and varied, the pass in the fourth goal was absolutely brilliant. Hes so superior to Eric Dier and im pleased that Southgate agrees.

Trippiers delivery is brilliant, we look so much of a threat from set pieces, and so much is down to Trippier. Don't feel Young is half as effective and for me Rose should be playing.

Lingards ability to get forward and threaten is so useful, technically good and athletic, hes far better centrally than wide as he plays sometimes for United. Not 100% convinced by Loftus-Cheek, he has all the tools but I feel he doesnt impose himself as much as he should and we miss Dele Alli.

Sterling looks so less confident in an England shirt sadly, would have loved him to get a goal, maybe the media treatment has got to him.

Kane, goes without saying really.

First half was very good albeit v the worst team in the tournament.

Second half, we were pretty poor really, many reasons, temperature, the fact it was so easy, I do get that but both games weve come out the blocks and then to an extent run out of ideas. The goal was really sloppy to concede and not the first problem we had defending set plays so obviously that needs addressing ahead of the upcoming games. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Audax said:

Honestly, VAR in the Egypt/Saudi game took about 5 minutes,

Uruguay Russia in 68th minute, Eygpt Saudi in 62nd minute.

That was to give everyone a chance to switch channel and see Saudi's winner.

Edited by Husky

Russia may have shown their true colours today, only defeating the two Arab teams, both of whom, I'd like to see do better but if history is an indicator, they likewise were true to form.  The next match, especially if it is against Spain, should well be their last but they made it into the final 16. That's got to be seen as a positive.

Uruguay have got to be one of the favourites to win it they will be very difficult to beat in the knock out stages. They have two outstanding centre backs including the best in the world in Godin, they have two match winners up top and unlike in previous years they have some flair and creativity in midfield. As for Russia they were probably better of losing today as it means that they will play their last 16 game at the Luzhniki.

TEAM MELLI BABY!!

main.jpg

This appears to be from the 1970s before the current era of Iran:

tm_m70.jpg

I know I'm looking ahead everyone but it looks most likely that England will play Japan.

Japan came back 2 times to draw up with Senegal.... Japan defeated Colombia.... so, take Japan lightly at your own expense, we know what happened in the last Euro.

Just funning around, I hope none of this is offensive to anyone.

Edited by Audax

VAR in the Saudi Arabian/Egypt match. Is the ultimate decision to the referee? The Ref gave a penalty kick.

It went like this, about 3 minute review in the VAR room, then, the Colombian referee on the pitch went to watch the cameras himself near the sidelines after receiving guidance, this took about 1 -1 and a half minutes... It almost was like he was saying, "I saw it right the first time", I don't know if they can reject what the VAR room says.

Edited by Audax

• Backroom

Oh come on it’s clearly a foul he’s cut across him and blocked him with his hip.

Its a foul on the halfway line and a foul in the box.

VAR still massively up in terms of correct decisions

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

It's quite funny seeing internet world cup logic:

Supposedly Panama, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Egypt are terrible teams that's why Russia and England got through so easily . . .

Yet, when it's Spain and Portugal struggling . . equally as crap teams like Iran and Morocco are supposedly almost World beaters. ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Audax said:

Quieroz, the Iranian manager is Portuguese... so Ronnie's a superstar, that is so, but Nani in the last Euro and in the 2000s, Deco, Figo and those others, they have had a lot of fine players.

Nani, really? In the same breath as Ronaldo and Figo.

Nani is to Ronaldo what Carlton was to the Fresh prince... see what I did there :) 

Just now, Husky said:

It's quite funny seeing internet world cup logic:

Supposedly Panama, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Egypt are terrible teams that's why Russia and England got through so easily . . .

Yet, when it's Spain and Portugal struggling . . equally as crap teams like Iran and Morocco are supposedly almost World beaters. ?

I agree, you can only beat what's in front of you. And England crushed Panama and Tunisia. I think the reason England were so good is that the weaker nations are not able to handle the constant stream of crosses and were also shit-scared of Kane, they seem much better equipped to handle the passing game of Spain etc. as that is more of what they are used to.

Just now, Blow-in said:

Nani, really? In the same breath as Ronaldo and Figo.

Nani is to Ronaldo what Carlton was to the Fresh prince... see what I did there :) 

I said Portugal has had fine players, Pepe is another.  My point, is Portugal really are more than Ronaldo.