BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

2 hours ago, Husky said:

I've never really liked pre-drawn tournaments.

Group winners on one side, 2nd qualifiers on the other and have an exciting W.C. knock-out draw. No heated balls and no pre-game 'fixing'. Simple.

Have to agree. It should be a draw. You could still have first seeds and seconds seeds based on finishing position to mean that there is an advantage to finishing first in the group, but just not have it all mapped out. Also means extra excitement for a draw each round.

Senegal got that bizarre goal vs. Poland, it was legal, you can't take it away from them... but still, I've got to think that was a bit of luck to defeat Poland.

Japan defeated Colombia straight out, I think Japan rightfully advances.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Disappointed by that. Who stays in? Sterling to get a goal, Pickford as he's the keeper and maybe Stones?

I think the papers were predicting 8 changes with Kane being one of the three who retained his place. He'd go bananas if he were dropped with having a genuine chance of winning the golden boot.

Not all bad news if Sterling is one of the changes.......

48 minutes ago, Baz said:

Sure, if it 0-0 5 mins to go, then as i think the bookings are discarded after the group stage, I see no harm in trying to subtlety manipulating the outcome, by kicking the ball away a couple of times.

Never read  anything as ridiculous. Where's the satisfaction in winning by cheating?

There isn't any.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think the papers were predicting 8 changes with Kane being one of the three who retained his place. He'd go bananas if he were dropped with having a genuine chance of winning the golden boot.

Not all bad news if Sterling is one of the changes.......

Kane isn't starting

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never read  anything as ridiculous. Where's the satisfaction in winning by cheating?

There isn't any.

You've never celebrated winning a game by a dubious penalty? Rubbish. You've never laughed at the Tugay time-wasting sustitution? 

The result vs Belgium won't tar us with winning the world cup by cheating in any way, shape, or form.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Pickford, Stones, Cahill, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Rose, Dier, Delph, Loftus-Cheek, Vardy, Rashford

Big game for Rose and Radford to stake a claim. Everyone else probably won't retain their place even if they have stormers.

Lotus Cheek would probably edge ahead of Dele Alli as well if he has a stormer.

Just now, Baz said:

You've never celebrated winning a game by a dubious penalty? Rubbish. You've never laughed at the Tugay time-wasting sustitution? 

The result vs Belgium won't tar us with winning the world cup by cheating in any way, shape, or form.

There's varying degrees of bending the rules slightly and outright cheating.

I Wouldn't particularly be too keen if we won the World Cup with a blatant dive in the last minute whereas someone feeling slight contact in the area and going down might be tolerable.

It would stick out like a sore thumb if we started gratuitously kicking the ball away in the last few minutes for absolutely no reason.

I suppose you were perfectly happy when Maradona punched the ball into the net in 1986 then?.

2 hours ago, Husky said:

So, 2 ex footballing pundits, 2 completely different opinions on that VAR penalty incident. Even after seeing replays.

Definite penalty or a Brilliant tackle? Lol.

Screenshot_20180628-163907_1.png

Definite penalty for me then.

Ive not actually seen the incident.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There's varying degrees of bending the rules slightly and outright cheating.

I Wouldn't particularly be too keen if we won the World Cup with a blatant dive in the last minute whereas someone feeling slight contact in the area and going down might be tolerable.

It would stick out like a sore thumb if we started gratuitously kicking the ball away in the last few minutes for absolutely no reason.

I suppose you were perfectly happy when Maradona punched the ball into the net in 1986 then?.

I was upset 're Maradona, however I'm not sure that he got quite the same reaction in Argentina?

Exactly, there's variations/ bending the rules, that's all I'm advocating.

• Backroom

Ironic that if this was a Checkatrade Trophy or Carabao Cup game then both teams would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute