BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shed Seven @ KGH - anthem songs

Great night at King Georges Hall on Monday with Cast and Shed Seven on.

I recognised a few faces from Rovers away trips this season, and couldn't help but think as the crowd were in full voice at the end that some of these iconic 90's anthems would make great match day music or even terrace songs;

Getting Better, Going for Gold, Chasing Rainbows...

The music at Ewood Park is absolute shite but there’s no need to make it worse with Shed Seven and bloody Cast.

Other clubs invite famous fans to do a playlist. We could at least offer to invite fans or supporters groups. Would give the club more of a community feel, far better than whoever the @#/? is in charge now anyway.

15 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I like Shed 7. They know they're not the best band, but they want everyone to have a good time. Better than watching Thom Yorke and his wonky eyes  mumbling like a drunk mosquito for three hours in the hope they sing Just.

But it isn’t. I’ve seen Radiohead twice this year once at Glastonbury and once at LCCC they were brilliant as they always are. 

I’m not for a moment suggesting we play Radiohead before a game by the way. Why don’t they for instance plan September by Earth, Wind and Fire in light of the Smallwood song? There should be someone at the club paying attention to these things. Also while we’re on the subject playing goal music can @#/? right off in my opinion. 

I honestly think In Rainbows, Kid A and HTTT is their best work. The Bends is good but I don't love it like a lot of blokes seem to. OK Computer is a masterpiece.

If we all got our heads together I'm sure we could find a good 20 songs themed around Rovers and chants that are currently doing the rounds. My Mam is from Blackburn I'm from Leigh myself but she went to youth clubs when she was younger where a broad range of what I'd consider good music was played, obviously she wasn't alone in attending these. Can't they play some of the anthems from youth clubs of one generation then say like the warehouse anthems from another generation? Do we have to be subjected to this X Factor style shite. Does anyone really enjoy it?

The team should walk out to Ceremony by New Order. I've said it for ages and everyone who disagrees is just wrong. 

IMO of course.

When I win the Euro Millions and buy the club off Mike Cheston (for it is he) you'll thank me for having such good taste.

23 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

The team should walk out to Ceremony by New Order. I've said it for ages and everyone who disagrees is just wrong. 

IMO of course.

When I win the Euro Millions and buy the club off Mike Cheston (for it is he) you'll thank me for having such good taste.

Best song ever!  Closely followed by Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order and Digital by Joy Division.

Garage Flower I am surprised about your disdain towards Shed Seven and Cast. I just assumed by your name that you are a Stone Roses fan?! Same genre of music! 

1 hour ago, david brent said:

Best song ever!  Closely followed by Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order and Digital by Joy Division.

Garage Flower I am surprised about your disdain towards Shed Seven and Cast. I just assumed by your name that you are a Stone Roses fan?! Same genre of music! 

The Roses had a groove influenced  by Funk, Soul and Reggae as much as the Psychedelic pop, Led Zep stuff and Punk influences in my opinion. It was the combination that made them so great. I don’t like a lot of indie or britpop or whatever you want to call it often associated with them personally. 

I think we can all agree the music played at Ewood is aimed at the masses but I guess ultimately satisfies nobody it’s so rubbish. A little bit of my post win buzz is killed when I hear the Black Eyes Peas. We could play Blue Monday who doesn’t like that and well blue.

21 hours ago, bob fleming said:

IMO of course.

Nuh Order ! 

IMG_20171206_174011.jpg

On 05/12/2017 at 13:49, Garage Flower said:

The music at Ewood Park is absolute shite but there’s no need to make it worse with Shed Seven and bloody Cast.

Other clubs invite famous fans to do a playlist. We could at least offer to invite fans or supporters groups. Would give the club more of a community feel, far better than whoever the @#/? is in charge now anyway.

Problem with that is, arguably, our most famous fan is an autistic Asda worker from Southampton...

23 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Blueboy recommends Bluetonic by the Bluetones. It's got a lot of blue in it......Blue Army!!!

You may not see things my way
Like my method or my reasons
But you can't tell me that I'm wrong

KGH, 10th May next year. Are you there or are you blue, blueboy?

Archived