BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Peterborough United v Rovers

7 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I have not watched the preview, but fancy us here. A Mate of mine is a Posh fan and says they have been awful over the last month. 

Going for a 3-1 win, not bothered who scores! 

Anyone know how many tickets we have sold? 

more than 1100 to date I believe.

Peterborough interest me. Their owner is an Irish fella who seems to love the sound of his own voice. I remember seeing him on Sky sports a few times on deadline day. Nowadays he seems to enjoy getting in arguments with their fans on Twitter. I don't know much about the guy or how he made his money, but he is living the dream of owning a football team and appears to be doing an ok job at it. 

Anyway, I hope we batter them. 

Received my ticket today and am seriously dischuffed about this match.

Last time I was there about 3 years ago (we won 4-1 includiing a Rhodes hat-trick - Berg's only win as manager) we were behind the goal standing on an old fashioned terrace with crash barriers and a low tin roof - just like the Darwen End 40 years ago. It was brillilant.

Now we're stuck in the seated North Stand, on the upper tier in the extreme left-hand corner.

Shame as I was really looking forward to this game

Peterborough something of an odd side. Started the season like a house on fire but since mid-September have been on a fairly dreadful run slipping from the automatic spots to mid-table. 

They've had home wins over Shrewsbury and Wigan and went very close to winning at Charlton last week but have also gone down at home to the likes of Blackpool, Gillingham and Oxford this season. 

A mixed bag team but they've only won 2 of 11 in the league since overcoming Wigan in September. 

Hopefully we'll get the last few hundred tickets shifted this week for another great sell-out away following. 

Only been to Peterborough once before but enjoyed the place and the ground. Real old fashioned main stand, walking distance to the town centre, some great pubs around.

4 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I have not watched the preview, but fancy us here. A Mate of mine is a Posh fan and says they have been awful over the last month. 

Going for a 3-1 win, not bothered who scores! 

Anyone know how many tickets we have sold? 

Tell your pal we've been poor for the last 7 years.

• Like 2

Have to admit that I have a bad feeling about this one.

Posh have a goal machine who is bound to unlock our defensive frailties.

This is an absolute must win for them or they are going to be chasing shadows rather than a play off place.

Sorry to be doom laden but this great unbeaten run against top half teams will be under huge pressure at London Road.

Just now, philipl said:

Have to admit that I have a bad feeling about this one.

Posh have a goal machine who is bound to unlock our defensive frailties.

This is an absolute must win for them or they are going to be chasing shadows rather than a play off place.

Sorry to be doom laden but this great unbeaten run against top half teams will be under huge pressure at London Road.

Team selection will be crucial for this one.

My team.

Raya

Nyambe, Downing , Mulgrew, Williams.

Conway, Smallwood, Evans, Antonnson.

Dack.

Samuel.

17 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Last time I was there about 3 years ago (we won 4-1 includiing a Rhodes hat-trick - Berg's only win as manager) we were behind the goal standing on an old fashioned terrace with crash barriers and a low tin roof - just like the Darwen End 40 years ago. It was brillilant.

Now we're stuck in the seated North Stand, on the upper tier in the extreme left-hand corner.

Unfortunately they've knocked the away terrace down and replaced it with your standard seated stand.

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Team selection will be crucial for this one.

My team.

Raya

Nyambe, Downing , Mulgrew, Williams.

Conway, Smallwood, Evans, Antonnson.

Dack.

Samuel.

You just know with Bennett being out it will give Mowbray licence to do something ridiculous like stick Whittingham out on the right or something.

19 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I was in the North stand during said match, it provides a good view but we had enough room to move where we wanted.

Hopefully my seat is nearer the half way line than the corner flag.

What I can remember from last time was the bitter cold wind that blew through the stand.

I know it has been posted on a separate thread, but for those going, the minutes applause at the beginning of the second half, for a recently deceased fan, needs supporting. Hopefully it will be a victory on the park, so lets make it one on the terraces too.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Unfortunately they've knocked the away terrace down and replaced it with your standard seated stand.

That's a real shame. I know a few people who've made special trips to Pboro just to sample the old-time experience on that covered terrace. 

• Backroom

Big game, the break for the cup feels like it could stall our momentum so it's important we get a win or at least a draw.

Bennett is a huge miss and I don't think Conway is an adequate replacement for his energy, as such i would be a bit unorthodox and take the Big Sam approach with Roberts and stick Samuel out there first half, Nyambe has been over exposed with little help I prefer him over Caddis when set up as an attacking threat but as a steady Eddie right back then maybe Caddis should get the nod.

Raya

Caddis Mulgrew Downing Williams

Samuel Whitts Smallwood Antonsson 

Dack

Graham

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Big game, the break for the cup feels like it could stall our momentum so it's important we get a win or at least a draw.

Bennett is a huge miss and I don't think Conway is an adequate replacement for his energy, as such i would be a bit unorthodox and take the Big Sam approach with Roberts and stick Samuel out there first half, Nyambe has been over exposed with little help I prefer him over Caddis when set up as an attacking threat but as a steady Eddie right back then maybe Caddis should get the nod.

Raya

Caddis Mulgrew Downing Williams

Samuel Whitts Smallwood Antonsson 

Dack

Graham

Ive seen Samuel play that role twice already this season, no thanks!

He will probably keep the same formation, but do something ridiculous like put Whittingham on the right and Evans in the centre, or maybe change it up to a 442 with Dack on the right and Samuel & Graham up top.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.