Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Peterborough United v Rovers

Id Go

Raya

Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams

Travis, Smallwood, Evans, Antonsson

Dack

Samuel

If Conway is able to get 60-70 mins in then i'd start him ahead of Travis.

Subs: Leuitwiler, Ward, Caddis, Whittingham, Conway, Graham, Nuttall

• Like 1

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15708451.Craig_Conway_to_provide_Tony_Mowbray_with_timely_return_as_Rovers_hit_by_Elliott_Bennett_suspension/?ref=mac

Conway has trained for 10 days so it would seem he's been held back a bit. Mowbray seems to think he's ready:-

We have to manage it (his return) so let’s hope it’s well timed. Tough away games Bennett and Conway have probably been my preferred choice but we have seen that (Marcus) Antonsson can score goals and had a real goal threat for the team.  Bennett has been a key part of how we’ve been playing so that is a loss, but Craig has similar attributes"

I'd go for:-

Raya

Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams

Conway, Smallwood, Evans, Antonsson

Dack

Samuel

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

am I right in hearing that it is nearly sold out? 

There were only about 400 left on Monday and the club has said there will be no sales on the day which usually suggests a sell out or very close to being to avoid people travelling for disappointment.

• Like 1

Samuel has played a couple of times out wide right and he looked like a fish out of water, and Whittingham has been poor each time he's been out of the centre.  So Conway with someone on the bench that knows how to play right mid, there must be someone, even if they are a bit young, that actually knows the position.  I know the U-23s don't always play 4-2-3-1 but isn't there someone from there that can play right wing? 

25 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Samuel has played a couple of times out wide right and he looked like a fish out of water, and Whittingham has been poor each time he's been out of the centre.  So Conway with someone on the bench that knows how to play right mid, there must be someone, even if they are a bit young, that actually knows the position.  I know the U-23s don't always play 4-2-3-1 but isn't there someone from there that can play right wing? 

Playing a team that is 7th in the table, would you see that as a risk? 

We have, on paper the most difficult fixture of all the teams in and around the promotion and play off positions I believe. Peterborough can score goals as their 31 for and 29 against suggests. In that respect they are similar to us so it might be a case of us having to score two or three to win. I think it's important to keep this winning run going and in fairness Mowbray seems to have found a system in away games whereby we counter attack and score a high percentage of our chances.

Hopefully for the 1000+ fans it will be a happy journey home.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 10:58, JHRover said:

Peterborough something of an odd side. Started the season like a house on fire but since mid-September have been on a fairly dreadful run slipping from the automatic spots to mid-table. 

They've had home wins over Shrewsbury and Wigan and went very close to winning at Charlton last week but have also gone down at home to the likes of Blackpool, Gillingham and Oxford this season. 

A mixed bag team but they've only won 2 of 11 in the league since overcoming Wigan in September. 

Hopefully we'll get the last few hundred tickets shifted this week for another great sell-out away following. 

Only been to Peterborough once before but enjoyed the place and the ground. Real old fashioned main stand, walking distance to the town centre, some great pubs around.

Sounds like they can up their game for the "better" teams.  Given that, Manager of the Month, ready made excuses of suspensions and I see nothing but an abject performance and loss of at least a 2 goal margin.

I remember the away end Jim mentioned and our league liner trip down there, great day out won 1-0.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with a draw today, but actually think we'll win.

They've beaten Shrewsbury and Wigan at home and recently beat Pompey who filled the away end and a bit more apparently, so they're up for the big games.

Safe trip to the Rovers hordes doing the 300+ mile round trip, you're a credit to the town and club.

Peterborough 1 Rovers 3

• Like 1

Let's have a few more score predictions please posters.

The addition of guess the team/tactics is welcome, but a score prediction and quick reason was always the intention of the match day thread.

Makes for interesting reading.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.