BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Peterborough United v Rovers

Tough one to call this. In their last 6 home games Posh have beaten Shrewsbury, Wigan and Pompey but lost to Gillingham, Oxford and Blackpool. Maybe they only turn it on for the 'bigger' games. Obviously got some decent players (Maddison is one that has been talked about as being destined for bigger things). Could be a tough game.

1-1

Just now, Gav said:

Let's have a few more score predictions please posters.

The addition of guess the team/tactics is welcome, but a score prediction and quick reason was always the intention of the match day thread.

Makes for interesting reading.

You're like a cr@p Beetlejuce from the LT, always trying to control the agenda:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You're like a cr@p Beetlejuce from the LT, always trying to control the agenda:rolleyes:

I need to be cr@p inspector Clouseau to decipher that bunkum :P

You've not been around that long, so you're excused, but the match day thread was always full of posters scores and reasons why, made for interesting reading and created a much more vibrant lead up to any game.

Glad to see you've joined in, can't argue with any of that, even though I went for 3-1 Rovers, I'd take 1-1.

Edited by Gav

Just now, RV Blue said:

Whittingham?

Peter @#/?ing Whittingham.... what can he do?

What does he do?

Evans is the lesser of two evils.

That's the problem, if you could roll the two of them together into one you might have a decent player but neither of them has earned the shirt this season. We are were we are and I'd pick Evans. Score -2-2.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

TEAM NEWS | #Rovers make two changes from the last league game

Raya
Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams
Smallwood Whittingham
CONWAY Dack Antonsson
SAMUEL

I can't argue a great deal with that. I'd have gone with Evans for Whittingham but to be honest it won't make a lot of difference either way.  Somehow I feel our weak links may let us down today but I'll still go for a score draw.

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not sure about Conway starting after being out for so long,but I suppose options are limited. 

Hopefully we sneak a win,but I would definitely take a draw as being a good result. 

With Conway not being a flying winger I always feel Mowbray likes to start him to tuck in down that side which again suggests we might sit off from the start but like you say no real options now. Probably rather start like that than play a striker on the right as well I suppose, young quick winger desperately needed in Jan.

• Like 1

3-1 to the Rovers, Dack, Samuel and Mulgrew. Normally I would be a bit hesitant due to the MOTM award but after Captain Mowbray came in at Wetherby at 9-2 I am a bit more confident. Great ride by Tony Kelly

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.