BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Peterborough United v Rovers

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Samuel Antonsson Dack should be pretty useful up front.

Hope Tomlinson gets a chance to come on and impress.

I'll go for us to defy the usual manager of the month hoodoo and record our usual 4-2 away win.

:P

Not far out with the old prediction Lol.

0-1 down then Tomlinson comes on and we get to 3-1 up. Coincidence? Wonder how many points TM has passed up this season by overlooking Chapman, overlooking Nuttall and overlooking Nuttall. We coukd be nearly promoted by now !

That though is nitpicking slightly. Put Charlton to tbe sword and Howard Kendall's Club record of eight straight League wins is coming into sight around the corner and over the horizon.

To equal and surpass that is all I want for Christmas!

How valuable to us are Dack and Mulgrew. Back into cryogenic cold storage for them for another week.

Well done everyone.

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Poss , I am sure the home we lost and Jimmy Mullen broke his leg never to play again !

Yes that’s quite correct, I was there and it was a sickening injury. Our only home defeat of the season too.

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Dack must be worth £20m by now.

On a serious note, how much would he be worth? I think he's easily the best player we've had since we dropped out of the Prem... I wouldn't sell him for less than £7/8m personally but the fact that League 1 is the highest level he's played at would take a few million off that.

Just now, RV Blue said:

On a serious note, how much would he be worth? I think he's easily the best player we've had since we dropped out of the Prem... I wouldn't sell him for less than £7/8m personally but the fact that League 1 is the highest level he's played at would take a few million off that.

Don't give them ideas RV, the transfer windows just around the corner and the new Nissan Micra '18' plates are due out, Barry will be all over it.....

But on a serious note I recall Mowbray saying when he signed that he has the ability to play at the highest level, just needs to knock the Essex girls and flat larger on the head.

Took him a while to settle, but we're now seeing him run games through the midfield, very good signing by Mowbray.

• Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

You can tell he's a cut above this league just by the speed of thought/passing and the way he moves (calm yourself Adam). He's involved in nearly every goal, either scoring them or setting them up. He's only just hit his stride in the last month or so too. I think Assombalonga once went from this league (P'boro) to Forest for £8m. Dack was a steal at £750k.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I woulsn't sell Dack or Mulgrew for any money this season so integral are they to our prospects. Anyone else I would suggest has their price and could be replaced reasonably easily by someone of similar quality and importance.

You'd struggle with those two though.

Very good win today. 5 games won in a row. 

Mowbray has them playing and full confidence. 

Dack is the best player on the attacking side. Mulgrew is our leader and our top scorer. 

According to 2 fans at the game that Tomlinson was good and Whittingham was far too slow in possesion and not helping Dack. 

Could be a blessing in disguise that Tomlinson will get some game time, potentially the best partner we've got for Smallwood. 

Bit like Nutall being involved, wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the red card.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Does anyone know how you could watch the game in full? I live in Ireland and they don't let you watch the game on the Rover Player. It is an awful pity would love to watch some of the games in full. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

You will be able to use a vpn to get on it. I think there is a guide of how to do it on here somewhere in the ifollow thread, I'm sure someone who has done it successfully will be able to help you out?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good win today. 5 games won in a row. 

Mowbray has them playing and full confidence. 

Dack is the best player on the attacking side. Mulgrew is our leader and our top scorer. 

According to 2 fans at the game that Tomlinson was good and Whittingham was far too slow in possesion and not helping Dack. 

Just read the match report and i was very pleased to see Tomlinson got 45 mins in.

Even better if he played well!

From 5 points in 5 games to 5 wins on the bounce we've seen a heck of a transformation! From playoffs looking a bit shaky automatic places look eminently do-able - long may it continue.

We've a few players who're a cut above in this league and it is beginning to show as is our strength in depth - 3 or 4 first teamers out and we still put out a good team.

Having said that I am getting a tad worried numbers wise. BBC said both Whittingham & Evans went off injured and with Harper also suspended we're beginning to look a bit thin in the middle. Likewise an injury/suspension to one of our centre backs could also pose a fair few problems.

However that's the solitary caution for a team that is in an excellent vein of form and who picked up an excellent 3 points. Winning away vs the strong teams in this division is a sign of - dare I say it - a promotion winning team.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.