BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Peterborough United v Rovers

18 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

You will be able to use a vpn to get on it. I think there is a guide of how to do it on here somewhere in the ifollow thread, I'm sure someone who has done it successfully will be able to help you out?

Just signed up but not sure after that. Would love to sit down and watch today's match. Are you only able to watch live games or will it let you watch the game at anytime??

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15712365._We_are_asking_questions_of_the_opposition____Tony_Mowbray_reacts_to_Rovers__win_at_Peterborough_United/?ref=mac

Mowbray reported that Peter Whittingham suffered a calf injury which was behind his first half substitution, while Corry Evans, substituted at the break, sustained a gash to the knee which required stitches. Both are expected to miss Tuesday night's FA Cup replay at Crewe.

Good chance for Tomlinson or Hardcastle to come in against Crewe.

• Like 1

Cracking game, first game been to since Lambert left! Do Venky’s get money from away games??

We was a lot better with Tomlinson! Our only weak player was Nyambe he was terrible. Good to see Mulgrew tell Downing off after Peterborough scored! Conway got better as game went on, Conway and Antonsson both need to practice there crossing can’t rememeber 1 cross beating the first man unless it went high over everyone!

We never looked like losing. Will be getting tickets for Northampton!

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11164236/peterborough-2-3-blackburn

2nd and 3rd goals are terrific. Smallwood superb for the 2nd.

Charlie takes it in his stride then excellent play by Smallwood for Dack's first. He could have been selfish but with good short passing returns the ball for Dack to score. Dack's second is pure class from Antonsson. 

Ok tinted lens but we on the way up boys & girls :P

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Charlie takes it in his stride then excellent play by Smallwood for Dack's first. He could have been selfish but with good short passing returns the ball for Dack to score. Dack's second is pure class from Antonsson. 

Ok tinted lens but we on the way up boys & girls :P

I think Charlie's was an exact replica of another back post tap in he had recently from a Dack corner. Was it Blackpool?

Dacks 2nd was a class finish, he doesn't mess about.... Shearer-esque:D

What a win. There is some fight in this team. Mowbray has done something where this bunch will keep on fighting. Some great characters in this team. Credit to them and to Mowbray. Dack looks a dinger of a player. Tenacious with plenty of ability. A real bargain by the looks of it. Mulgrew,what can we say? The best captain since Nelsen,easily. Smallwood and Antonnsson the twin engines. Very impressive unit. 

Highlights didn't shine very brightly on Nyambe. Strayed off his post for the first,when the ball was clearly going in that direction. The second,less damning,but he was sold a serious dummy from the back heel. Hopefully just inexperience,but if Travis is as good as people make out,perhaps he should be in the mix. How was Nyambe in general?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, skous18 said:

Wait, wasn't conway our best player in the pre-season games? I mean i might be mistaken but writing him of because of poor 45mins considering he just came back from injury is a bit harsh

Conway has never been any good. Entirely predictable in every aspect of his play. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What a win. There is some fight in this team. Mowbray has done something where this bunch will keep on fighting. Some great characters in this team. Credit to them and to Mowbray.

Highlights didn't shine very brightly on Nyambe. Strayed off his post for the first,when the ball was clearly going in that direction. The second,less damning,but here's sold a serious dummy from the back heel. Hopefully just inexperience,but if Travis is as good as people make out,perhaps he should be in the mix. How was Nyambe in general?

I can't agree about the second goal. Nyambe stayed with his man. Who was marking the no 10  ? He had a free run into our box. Some excellent unselfish interplay for our 2nd and 3rd goals. Dack's  good to watch. 

3 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

shame 10,000 of us won't go back until they leave

It’s your choice, no one forces you to stay away. I’m enjoying it. 

• Like 3

Antonson's ball in to Dack for the 3rd looked simple but how many times did we see the likes of Feeney mess those situations up.

Full steam ahead with 3 of the next 4 games at home.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Preben said:

But will it ever stop them moaning at home matches? :(

The first bit is the key Preben.....getting it right on the pitch.

As it currently stands five good wins on the trot versus the last seven years of poor form, this is why its going to be a slow process.

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What a win. There is some fight in this team. Mowbray has done something where this bunch will keep on fighting. Some great characters in this team. Credit to them and to Mowbray. Dack looks a dinger of a player. Tenacious with plenty of ability. A real bargain by the looks of it. Mulgrew,what can we say? The best captain since Nelsen,easily. Smallwood and Antonnsson the twin engines. Very impressive unit. 

Highlights didn't shine very brightly on Nyambe. Strayed off his post for the first,when the ball was clearly going in that direction. The second,less damning,but he was sold a serious dummy from the back heel. Hopefully just inexperience,but if Travis is as good as people make out,perhaps he should be in the mix. How was Nyambe in general?

Refrained earlier from posting look forward to seeing Nyambes part in the Peterbrough goals haven't seen them yet.

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't agree about the second goal. Nyambe stayed with his man. Who was marking the no 10  ? He had a free run into our box. Some excellent unselfish interplay for our 2nd and 3rd goals. Dack's  good to watch. 

Ya,fair enough on someone letting their man go,but I do think Nyambe could have been quicker to cover that space 

Just now, Hasta said:

Antonson's ball in to Dack for the 3rd looked simple but how many times did we see the likes of Feeney mess those situations up.

Full steam ahead with 3 of the next 4 games at home.

Antonnson's decision making is good. Just the right amount of pace on the ball. It came with a message " Here, put this in ! ".

Samuel missed a great headed chance early on. Dack hit the target twice with his early chance. Good goalkeeping more than a miss in my book.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Antonnson's decision making is good. Just the right amount of pace on the ball. It came with a message " Here, put this in ! ".

Samuel missed a great headed chance early on. Dack hit the target twice with his early chance. Good goalkeeping more than a miss in my book.

Ya,Antonnsson has a good football brain by the looks of it. As someone mentioned above,how many times over the past few seasons have we seen Feeney or even Mahoney mess simple passes up in those positions

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya,fair enough on someone letting their man go,but I do think Nyambe could have been quicker to cover that space 

You could argue he should have been out quicker to the long ball. As for the corner goal, lots of people at fault there but you've got to look at your goalkeeper when someone is heading in from 3 yards out.

Having said that the one they conceded from a corner was worse.

They looked good there. From the highlights Smallwood is living up to his name as King of Ewood. He was involved in everything. Could have shot for the second goal but pulled it back to Dack to make sure of a certain goal. Class act. Such a team player. They look like they are enjoying their football. That is always good. 

• Like 4

Blackburn Rovers Football Club should not be in league one, that much is clear. Our away followings this season are probably bigger than most of the leagues away followings combined, but maybe this is what we needed after 7 years of utter shite, I know it's league one but Jesus I'm not half enjoying going to away games and watching us win games of football, there's a real good feeling at the minute, maybe a promotion season is just what the doctor ordered because I feel a lot better right now than I did at this point last season under Coyle and we were a league above! Of course we wouldn't be in this league if we didn't have the owners we do and that should not be forgotten but we do have these owners, and although I'll always despise them this is the first time I've actually been able to enjoy watching rovers since they took over which helps to temporality at least, forget the damage they've caused our club. Enjoy this season lads and WHEN we get promoted, hopefully Mowbray gets backed and we can have a go next season in the championship. I love this club and our fans and league one or not, we should be able to enjoy winning games and going too games. We'll all still be here long after Venkys fook off. Not sure what point I was making here I've been on the beers but whatever, COYB Big fish in a small pond this season. :brfc:

• Like 7

Just now, GreenRover said:

They looked good there. From the highlights Smallwood is living up to his name as King of Ewood. He was involved in everything. Could have shot for the second goal but pulled it back to Dack to make sure of a certain goal. Class act. Such a team player. They look like they are enjoying their football. That is always good. 

That was great work to rob their player and then slide a pass out wide for the Dack shooting opening early on. Very tenacious player. Everything that Jason Lowe should have been but never was.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.