BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Willem Tomlinson

Said for a while now that every time i see Tomlinson i'm impressed and I have a feeling he can really make the step up. He has good energy in the middle and has been known to hit some great goals for the u23s. He is quite similar to Smallwood in many ways - which aint a bad thing at all. He has a chance now to cement himself in the managers thoughts and at least become a regular sub.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Said for a while now that every time i see Tomlinson i'm impressed and I have a feeling he can really make the step up. He has good energy in the middle and has been known to hit some great goals for the u23s. He is quite similar to Smallwood in many ways - which aint a bad thing at all. He has a chance now to cement himself in the managers thoughts and at least become a regular sub.

He's got to be more mobile than Evans or Whittingham,  Smallwood's been providing all the energy from centre midfield for too long.

Just now, only2garners said:

I think Mowbray was always keen to use him, but there were some personal issues holding him back earlier in the season.

Mowbray said as much in the press.

Not sure of the first part, if he was always keen to use him he wouldn't have loaned Harper.

Edited by blueboy3333

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

I think Mowbray was always keen to use him, but there were some personal issues holding him back earlier in the season.

I actually remember mowbray saying that now. I was brain washed from people on here saying they didn't understand why Harper was ahead of him in the pecking order. That was the reason. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I actually remember mowbray saying that now. I was brain washed from people on here saying they didn't understand why Harper was ahead of him in the pecking order. That was the reason. 

And he shouldn't have said it. That stuff should be left behind closed doors. Tomlinson's 'personal issues' are his own. And the only reason he got in the side now is that 2 midfielders were injured and Harper was suspended. It's not like Tomlinson has suddenly come into favour, he nearly wasn't even on the bench at Posh according to Mowbray.

50 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And he shouldn't have said it. That stuff should be left behind closed doors. Tomlinson's 'personal issues' are his own. And the only reason he got in the side now is that 2 midfielders were injured and Harper was suspended. It's not like Tomlinson has suddenly come into favour, he nearly wasn't even on the bench at Posh according to Mowbray.

Ah come on, personal issues is as vague as you will get. Managers regularly say it 

You are kind of contradicting yourself there too. He is in the side because the aforementioned "personal issues" have or are being  ironed out. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ah, so you're assuming now. You were stating it as fact less than an hour ago. It's hard to 'keep up' TBH, you're all over the place today:P

Well you are firmly in the pedantic baby camp! 

Mowbray cant say personal issues ba ba ba , you said it is as fact ba bu bu ba :D Wa wa , I want my bottle :lol:

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

From what I've heard that's quite an understatement. From what I've been told the Club have intervened to help him out and I hope he is given the chance to repay the faith shown in him.

From what bits I've seen of him he looks a cracking player and I'd play him ahead of Evans every day of the week personally.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

From what I've heard that's quite an understatement. From what I've been told the Club have intervened to help him out and I hope he is given the chance to repay the faith shown in him.

From what bits I've seen of him he looks a cracking player and I'd play him ahead of Evans every day of the week personally.

To be honest with you he's what I expect Evans to be only Evans should be smarter with all his experience.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I would never post someone's personal issues on here player or poster. But I know the extent of Tomlinson's personal issues and I'm glad he's sorted them out. Being a rovers supporting dingle and a couple of years older than him I've been at parties with him as a kid and also seen him out down town a few times, I'm not mates with him but I know him well enough too say hello when I see him. He's a good lad and nothing like your stereotypical modern day footballer, he won the English schools cup on his own for his high school and it's been clear from a young age he had ability, I hope he can now reach his full potential and if he does it here and not at Burnley even better! :lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomlinson has overcome the potentially lifelong handicap of having been born in Burnley so I'm sure he'll come though his difficulties. He didn't do much wrong at Peterborough. 

Sadly thanks to NHS cutbacks most future Blackburners will be Burnley born. :( 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sadly thanks to NHS cutbacks most future Blackburners will be Burnley born. :( 

Heard a tale that if your baby was born in the maternity unit at b***ley then you could have the place of birth on the birth certificate as saying Lancashire although I’m not sure if true or not!