BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

RIP Bill. Lovely Day is still one of my favourite songs on a sunny day.

Just noticed that neither got a mention on here - as a big Country music fan, we've lost 2 greats (one definite legend) over the last couple of weeks in Kenny Rogers & Joe Diffie. Both great singer-songwriters. RIP to you both

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Norman 'Bites Yer Legs' Hunter.

A proper hard man when there were plenty of them around.

Yes, he was a rough handful but a much better footballer than he was given credit for. He was a really good left foot passer of the ball. His career more or less coincided with that of Bobby Moore otherwise he would have had many more caps. That's two of the 1970 squad gone in a week.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, he was a rough handful but a much better footballer than he was given credit for. He was a really good left foot passer of the ball. His career more or less coincided with that of Bobby Moore otherwise he would have had many more caps. That's two of the 1970 squad gone in a week.

Bobby Moore would never have got a cap if Duncan Edwards had survived Munich

15 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Bobby Moore would never have got a cap if Duncan Edwards had survived Munich

Bobby Moore would still have got 100 caps, that’s laughable Jim. He was miles better than anyone else even if Duncan Edwards had been around (I’m not saying he was better than Edwards but he was better than the rest).  Now him and Duncan Edwards together and we might have been looking at two World Cup wins. 

Edited by oldjamfan1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Bobby Moore would still have got 100 caps, that’s laughable Jim. He was miles better than anyone else even if Duncan Edwards has been around. Now him and Duncan Edwards together and we might have been looking at two World Cup wins. 

My dad puts it more diplomatically:

'Had Edwards survived, Moore would've played second fiddle in the England defence.'

However, more controversially, he adds:

'If the crash had never happened, Edwards would've trounced Finney as the best player ever produced on British soil.'

44 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My dad puts it more diplomatically:

'Had Edwards survived, Moore would've played second fiddle in the England defence.'

However, more controversially, he adds:

'If the crash had never happened, Edwards would've trounced Finney as the best player ever produced on British soil.'

" Dunlop " in Rochdale had an enormous textile factory making cord for tyres back in the day. Their pitch was one that was used for local cup finals etc. When I went in the bar after the first time I played there I noticed they had a plaque on the wall saying " Duncan Edwards played on our pitch ". It had been back in the early to mid 1950's when he was playing in a junior representative game.

• 2 weeks later...