BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thought he played midfield for liverpool ... might have been a 10 but definitely not a 9

My memory must be playing tricks on me - I remembered him as a big strapping centre forward type - I probably am mixing him up with someone else then.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

My memory must be playing tricks on me - I remembered him as a big strapping centre forward type - I probably am mixing him up with someone else then.

That's my recollection of him too Andy. I always thought he was decent but that was it. I understand though he was an excellent anchor man for televised football in Spain which was some achievement given that Spanish wasn't his first language.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That's my recollection of him too Andy. I always thought he was decent but that was it. I understand though he was an excellent anchor man for televised football in Spain which was some achievement given that Spanish wasn't his first language.

Did Gary Lineker’s job in Spanish basically. That said, Lineker himself is fluent enough in Spanish to have done likewise.

Robinson was definitely a centre forward. Don’t know why he was at Liverpool for only one season because they won 3 trophies that year including the league and European cup. Good player without being top drawer. 

On 28/04/2020 at 11:55, Sparks Rover said:

Sadly Michael Robinson has died. Decent midfielder in his time. When he missed that sitter in the 83 final....?

Err, he was a centre forward and he didn't miss that sitter in the 83 Cup Final, Gordon Smith did after Robinson played him in on goal. Typical jammy Man Utd, there was only minutes left to play when Smith missed that chance. It would have game over. After that there was only one team that was going to win the replay.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

23 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah, I was amazed to hear she was 83 years old! Remember watching The Gentle Touch and thinking "Wow!"......

RIP.....

I was shocked when I saw she was 83. My paper has this thing everyday were it picks about 20 people who were born on the day in question and then gives their ages. That can be really surprising also.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Tony Allen died this morning. Maybe not very well known but many including me regard him as the greatest drummer that ever lived. i felt privileged to see him play a few times.

Along with Manu Dibango last month too, very sad.

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Dave Greenfield, keyboard player with The Stranglers. Died at 71 of Covid-19

Just woke up to this news, very sad. Very talented keyboard player  which along with JJ's Bass  gave The Stranglers that unique sound that set them apart in the early punk scene and over the following years.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Just woke up to this news, very sad. Very talented keyboard player  which along with JJ's Bass  gave The Stranglers that unique sound that set them apart in the early punk scene and over the following years.

Being an old Jam fan I know a few people who remember them as a pub rock band called 'The Guildford Stranglers' (same neck of the woods as Weller and co but a bit older). 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Rick Wakeman gave him a glowing tribute on the radio today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Florian Schneider from Kraftwerk has passed. Very influential in the electronic sounds that started late 70s

Influenced a generation, we wouldn't have had Joy Division and New Order is it wasn't for Florian and Kraftwerk, legend.

• Like 2