BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Probably not in the Celeb category, but just announced Mark E Smith (The Fall) has died. Always looked forward to a new Fall album as John Peel once said about them , The Fall, always different, always the same

Have to say I’m gutted about this. He seemed indestructable, a proper force of nature and irrepressibly unique.

Divisive, but in my opinion a fantastic character/musician/poet/frontman the likes of which don’t come around often, and will leave a huge void in the world of indie music.

A right keaner too.

RIP Mark E Smith

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Have to say I’m gutted about this. He seemed indestructable, a proper force of nature and irrepressibly unique.

Divisive, but in my opinion a fantastic character/musician/poet/frontman the likes of which don’t come around often, and will leave a huge void in the world of indie music.

A right keaner too.

RIP Mark E Smith

Indeed. 6 Music had a big feature on him this morning.

I always loved that quote of his (which I incorrectly wrote on a mutual mate of our's Facebook post) 'If it's Mark E Smith & your Granny on Bongos, it's still The Fall'.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anthony Bourdain has died. I really enjoyed watching his show. Pure mindless, light entertainment. Lived like a rockstar; drank like a fish , ate unhealthily and smoked like a chimney. I hope he went happy and it wasn't suicide 

Edit

Apparently was suicide :(

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Backroom

I was only reading an article about him last year. How he moved to the countryside to settle down, got some dogs and even owned a pub for a while.

I know they spanned 80s to the present. But essentially another part of the 90s has died (like Beastie Boys, Cranberries, Soundgarden).

• Like 1

Big part of my growing up this group - even saw them headline live at Glastonbury in 97'

Sadly, the kind of lifestyle he lived would always eventually catch up with him in one way or another. 

RIP Keith

Just now, JacknOry said:

Big part of my growing up this group - even saw them headline live at Glastonbury in 97'

Sadly, the kind of lifestyle he lived would always eventually catch up with him in one way or another. 

RIP Keith

Not sure how you are linking his suicide to how he lived in the 1990s. Didn't he live on a farm for the last decade or so? 

Iconic character. Saw them live 3 times, never disappointed 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure how you are linking his suicide to how he lived in the 1990s. Didn't he live on a farm for the last decade or so? 

Iconic character. Saw them live 3 times, never disappointed 

Just saying that if you pop as many pills as he did in his lifetime, it will certainly have a big effect on his mental health. Something which was not known for being particularly strong anyway.