BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

The damage those things do over the years though. In a way you could say one didnt help the other but living without one might in the end have caused the other to tip over. 

Its close to home this one as I lost a mate last year before he reached 40. Raving since the age of 14 we and our group of mates were also into a bit of 'this and that' until (for me at least) our mid-twenties when I was able to say goodbye to that kind of lifestyle, concentrate on my career, get married and all that jazz. He wasnt able to and was still heavily involved in the scene, organizing gigs, doing a bit of DJing himself and of course, still popping and sniffing.

Had been hospitalized a number of times due to his drug habits and an equally bad drinking habit over the years - but he was always the life of the party. Smile on his face all the time but behind that smile you could see the pain - he also committed suicide last year. Was still living with his parents, never even had a flat of his own before, let alone a proper job. Single too, having lost all of his previous gf's due to his addictions.

Just now, JacknOry said:

The damage those things do over the years though. In a way you could say one didnt help the other but living without one might in the end have caused the other to tip over. 

Its close to home this one as I lost a mate last year before he reached 40. Raving since the age of 14 we and our group of mates were also into a bit of 'this and that' until (for me at least) our mid-twenties when I was able to say goodbye to that kind of lifestyle, concentrate on my career, get married and all that jazz. He wasnt able to and was still heavily involved in the scene, organizing gigs, doing a bit of DJing himself and of course, still popping and sniffing.

Had been hospitalized a number of times due to his drug habits and an equally bad drinking habit over the years - but he was always the life of the party. Smile on his face all the time but behind that smile you could see the pain - he also committed suicide last year. Was still living with his parents, never even had a flat of his own before, let alone a proper job. Single too, having lost all of his previous gf's due to his addictions.

Ya, I was in similar circles myself in my 20s. The depression/lows in the days after a party are very real. Definitely dangerous for those who suffer from low moods anyway.

On Flint though, I thought he was clean for many years. I suppose with suicide, people never really know the full story.  

• Backroom

Sad news about Keith Flint. Firestarter always reminds me of playing Wipeout 2097 on my original PlayStation as a kid. 

Luke Perry passed away as well, only 52 himself. I've watched more 90210 than I'd care to admit so I was really stunned by this one. 

Very sad to hear of Keith Flint's passing.  Of the multitudes of gigs I've been to since, I still rank the Prodigy gig I went to at the Mcr Apollo in 1996 as the rowdiest, craziest night of them all - the entire place was bouncing, every person in the crowd was up for it and the band delivered an amazing gig.

Sadly I booked tickets a couple of weeks ago to see them in Dallas in early May and was really excited for it - gutted that's now not going to take place.  RIP.

Former Miss Teen Universe Lotte van der Zee dead at 20 after suffering heart attack while on vacation
By Mark Hodge | The Sun

A former Miss Teen Universe has died after suffering a fatal heart attack on a ski trip. She was 20.

Model Lotte van der Zee, from Holland, passed away after falling into a coma following her cardiac arrest while on holiday in Westendorf, Austria with her family.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/former-miss-teen-universe-lotte-van-der-zee-dead-at-20-after-suffering-heart-attack-while-on-vacation

Also:  Canadian "positive image" or "plus size model" Elly Mayday passed away at only 30 years old. She contracted ovarian cancer in 2013, they thought they overcame it but it came back in 2017.

How Elly Mayday, the Model Who Died of Ovarian Cancer, Inspired Others Through Her Treatment

Julie Mazziotta

PeopleMarch 8, 2019

Elly Mayday’s thousands of fans mourned this week after learning that the 30-year-old model had died of ovarian cancer on March 1.

The body positivity activist had battled the aggressive cancer since 2013, though it took several tries to get her doctors to believe that something was severely wrong and formally diagnose her.

With chemotherapy, a hysterectomy and multiple surgeries to remove the cancer, Mayday went into remission in 2015. But ovarian cancer is persistent — 40 to 50 percent of patients who undergo chemotherapy and enter remission will have a recurrence within three years, according to the University of New Mexico Cancer Center — and her cancer returned in 2017.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elly-mayday-model-died-ovarian-185127194.html

Two very lovely memorable young ladies.

Edited by Audax

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyone watch the Michael Jackson documentary? Amazing how being rich and famous allowed him to be such a blatant paedo 

There was definitely something going on,  but the "kids" on the documentary have changed their story from the one they told before when questioned and are in the process of suing the Jackson estate for millions of Dollars. At least part of this is about them getting a big payday.

• Like 1

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

There was definitely something going on,  but the "kids" on the documentary have changed their story from the one they told before when questioned and are in the process of suing the Jackson estate for millions of Dollars. At least part of this is about them getting a big payday.

Ya, but I can understand why they kept quite originally. It was Michael Bloody Jackson and he was also grooming their families. 

He paid £25 million to pay one young lad off like. 

He was being a paedophile in plain sight. 

2 hours ago, Husky said:

74 is a pretty good innings. Not least because he was pretty much a drug addict for most of that time.

The money and fame certainly didn't help.

$200k an episode he was reputedly paid ?

Jan Michael Vincent was in a very debilitating car wreck they say too. I don't know if anyone was killed in the wreck or anything else but that is how he lost his lower leg I'm told. So, that must have taken a toll on him too.  And I'm sorry, his condition got so low, it's happened to a few others.

American Olympic silver medal winning cyclist Kelly Catlin hanged herself a few days ago - age 23.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2019/03/10/kelly-catlin-cyclist-olympics/3124363002/

I remember her as I've seen all Team GB's Olympic cycling races since 2008 - and of course it was Team GB that beat that particular American pursuit team into 2nd place in Rio in 2016.

R.I.P.

Edited by Husky

The fella that was Dacks missus was with from Love Island has topped himself.

According to someone on another board who knows him, he was a really nice fella.

Tbh if it wasn't for the Dack connection I wouldn't have posted as I've  never heard of him but R.I.P. anyway, someone's son.

And Bradley flies out on holiday without her? I know he was only an ex to her but surely she must have been upset, or am I totally wrong in thinking Bradley’s not thinking himself here?

Edited by old darwen blue

• 2 weeks later...

Duo in Liverpool band Her's killed in US crash

Both members of the Liverpool band Her's and their tour manager have been killed in a crash in the US.

Duo Stephen Fitzpatrick and Audun Laading, as well as manager Trevor Engelbrektson, died while travelling to a gig in California on Wednesday, their record label Heist or Hit said.

The label described them as "one of the UK's most loved up and coming bands".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-47742694

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6r896X2VyA

Just getting started in their music career. Tragic.

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to Celebrity Deaths
21 hours ago, gumboots said:

Doris Day gone now. She was 97 but huge star when I was a kid 

She lived in Carmel by the Sea in California and owned a hotel there. We went in the restaurant part of it when we were in Carmel last June. Very nice it was too.

Clint Eastwood also has a hotel and restaurant in the same town where we also dined one evening. We were told to go in relatively early in the evening and we may stand a chance of seeing him. Sure enough, he was stood at the bar!

• Like 2