BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

19 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Shane Duffy's dad has passed. Was that the guy who used to come on here taking the piss out of us when he wanted to leave....?

I don't remember him coming on here but he was all over the Twitter and Facebook sites defending his lad (which you would expect I suppose, whatever we thought of his behaviour at the end of his time at Ewood). He would have been better advised to stay away from all that and I'm sure the 'passionate' way he went about it wouldn't have been good for his health. I assume he died of a heart attack or stroke as it was very sudden, and 53 is no age. RIP. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

RIP Michael Angelis, terrific actor and the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine since Ringo left the job.

I thought he was fantastic in Boys from the Blackstuff Andy. He also played a really good role in Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought he was fantastic in Boys from the Blackstuff Andy. He also played a really good role in Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Yeah he was great in  " The Boys From The Blackstuff ". According to Mrs Shoelaces he was married to Helen Worth who plays Gail Whatshername in " Coronation Street. " RIP a fine actor.

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah he was great in  " The Boys From The Blackstuff ". According to Mrs Shoelaces he was married to Helen Worth who plays Gail Whatshername in " Coronation Street. " RIP a fine actor.

He was for a decade TS but They divorced many years ago as I recall. Boys From the Blackstuff was an amazing piece of work, well written and fabulous acting. I had forgotten that Julie Walters was in that.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He was for a decade TS but They divorced many years ago as I recall. Boys From the Blackstuff was an amazing piece of work, well written and fabulous acting. I had forgotten that Julie Walters was in that.

If I remember correctly Andy Julie Walters was the screen wife of Michael Angelis in Boys from the Blackstuff. 

Boys from the Blackstuff was Alan Bleasedale at his finest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

If I remember correctly Andy Julie Walters was the screen wife of Michael Angelis in Boys from the Blackstuff. 

I had to stop watching it towards the end of the series. I found it just too upsetting. I missed the episode that Graham Souness was in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Despite its bleak subject matter there was also a fair bit of comedic brilliance in there Tony. The confessional scene with Yozzer springs to mind. 
I know what Tyrone means though - it was a bit close to home in the Thatcher years.

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Despite its bleak subject matter there was also a fair bit of comedic brilliance in there Tony. The confessional scene with Yozzer springs to mind. 
I know what Tyrone means though - it was a bit close to home in the Thatcher years.

It had everything Andy. There was sadness, poignancy, laughter and other emotionally charged things which made it brilliant. It was a kind of social commentary from that time and it was apt that Liverpool was the setting. I have many favourite scenes but the one where Yosser is in the confessional box was tragicomedy. The redundancy party in the pub in the last episode was memorable too with the Shake Hands character.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Good to know someone else watches Kunt. Do you have any homeless friends?

To be perfectly honest. It's been one of the few things worth watching during the 'pseudo lockdown'. But you'd better back up that stuff on analogue tape before it gets forced underground/banned.

I'm waiting for the hit single of 2020 'Forced Apology' ☺️

I'll answer the question as written. Unfortunately I don't have any homeless friends though I'm technically what you'd consider homeless myself (I just don't live in a Chipstick Box).

It's okay though. I've tweeted PM Rashford so it should all get sorted out pretty soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Another sad day for English football with the passing of Jack Charlton. I met him a couple of times and he was a proper football man. I saw an interview once when he talked about the fourth England goal in the 66 World Cup Final. He said he was screaming at Bobby Moore (I think) to put the ball into row z but Moore played a sublime pass to Hurst who scored. Jack said he shook his head and muttered to himself "I'll never understand this bloody game".

RIP Jack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Can’t shake the image of him in a big white cap going wild with John Aldridge 

What a moment that was. If Jack could have got hold of that FIFA blazer he would have been locked up.

• 2 weeks later...